Your journey at a glance
Delve deeper into the African bush on the wide open plains of the Laikipia Plateau with an adventure that breaks away from the traditional, such as a camel or horseback safari.
Kenya’s most famous safari destination, the Masai Mara, is the iconic finale to your adventure.
Enjoy picturesque landscapes filled with rolling hills where crimson-clad Maasai warriors tend their herds among vast numbers of resident wildlife, including the thronging herds of Africa’s most famous animal spectacle, the Great Wildebeest Migration.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Nairobi
- On your arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport you will be met by a member of the &Beyond team who will drive you into vibrant Nairobi. Kenya’s capital is one of the largest and most influential cities in Africa, an important commercial and financial hub
- Not-to-be-missed are visits to the city’s beautiful Uhuru Park and an informative excursion to the Karen Blixen Museum
Day 2-3: Laikipia
- You will be driven to Wilson Airport for your scheduled flight to the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy. Sprawling over the Laikipia plains, Lewa Wildlife Conservancy is a prolific wildlife conservancy that is popular with celebrities, conservationists, writers and photographers
- Spend the day on the Lewa Downs Conservancy. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, and recognised for its exceptional community conservation model, the conservancy is a stronghold for the protection of East Africa’s black rhino
- Perhaps buckle up and let the powerful rotors of a helicopter sweep you up along the picturesque slopes of Mount Kenya
- Take the opportunity to do safari on horseback or even a camel
Day 4-6: Masai Mara National Reserve
- Take a scheduled flight to the Masai Mara. From the airstrip, you’ll embark on a game drive en route to your home for the next few nights. The Masai Mara is Kenya’s most renowned game park, situated in the northern extension of the Serengeti. Game viewing in this celebrated park is wonderful throughout the year, with virtually guaranteed sightings of the Big Five.
- Go one twice daily game drives on a 4×4 as the guide interprets each sighting of the abundant resident game. Game drives may last from a couple of hours to the whole day, with a picnic breakfast or lunch.
- Choose to experience the beauty of the Masai Mara on a hot air balloon flight. Take off at dawn and float in whichever direction the morning winds take you.
- For the more adventurous do a safari walk with one of the camps naturalists and experience the Masai Mara by foot
- Take the opportunity to visit a traditional Masai village (called a manyatta), get gain insights into this interesting culture
Day 7: Departure
Wave a fond farewell as your safari comes to an end
You will be collected from Wilson airport and transferred for your international flight onward.