Your journey at a glance
Immerse yourself in this extraordinary 10-day itinerary that explores the natural wonders and iconic archaeological masterpieces of Peru.
Your adventure begins in the bustling city of Lima, one of South America’s largest cities. Embrace adventure in the magnificent Sacred Valley of the Incas, shaped by sweeping rivers, and an abundance of fascinating archaeological monuments and indigenous people. Interact and engage with the locals and explore their spectacular terrain on horseback and mountain bike, and taste their traditional Peruvian dishes – an absolute treat.
Be captivated by the masterpiece of Machu Picchu, an enigmatic stone citadel that is tangible evidence of the Inca Empire. This magnificent complex of palaces, plazas, temples and homes remains an enduring mystery. Be enchanted at the kaleidoscopic sandscape at Rainbow Mountain, an exquisite geological sight.
Delve into Cusco, resplendent with colonial architecture and a deeply embroidered, rich and textured history. This enchanting city balances age-old Peruvian traditions with Spanish colonial elegance and offers peaceful courtyards, centuries-old passageways, lively European-style squares, holy temples and sacred hillside sanctuaries.
Your journey culminates at Lake Titicaca, the largest lake in South America, rippling high in the Andes Mountains. Once the cradle of Andean civilisation, the Incans believed it to be their birth place, and the place to which their spirits would return after life. This is a journey you will remember for years to come with the hope of one day returning to this magical place.
10 Days | From USD 9,154
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- All nights of accommodation mentioned in the program
- Private transportation in the best available vehicles in each city
- Private English speaking local guides (Except during Lake Titicaca excursions)
- Titilaka Hotel transfers and tours in shared basis
- Meals as indicated in the program
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu and all sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Taxes included, where applicable
What's not included
- International Airfare / Airport taxes
- Domestic Air Tickets and local airport tax (quoted separately)
- Early check in or late check-out charges
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Any video/still camera fee during the trip
- Excess of baggage
- Rates are valid for: 15 January - 15th December 2021
- Children and small group rates upon request*
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in Peru
- &Beyond reserves the right to modify program itineraries, including arranged sightseeing, and substitute accommodations, including vessels and trains, at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond &Beyond’s control. Every effort will be made to operate itineraries as planned, but alterations may occur after the final itinerary has been issued.
- Rates are subject to change
- &Beyond trading terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-2: Lima
- Your adventure begins in the vibrant and friendly city of Lima. On arrival here, you will be warmly welcomed by a representative from &Beyond and taken to your hotel.
- Founded by Spanish conquistador Francisco Pizarro in 1535, the bustling city of Lima has become one of South America’s largest cities. Museums, ancient archaeological sites, beautiful beaches, wondrous nature reserves, vibrant nightlife, and the thrill of adventure sports, give Peru’s capital an authentic and unique personality.
- The city is also known for its outstanding cuisine, which encompasses specialties from ceviche and traditional coastal cooking to refined global fare. This energetic, sprawling metropolis promises visitors an unforgettable experience that is rich in culture, and high in excitement.
Day 2-3: Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Nestled at the foot of the beautiful Río Urubamba Valley, known as El Valle Sagrado, the Sacred Valley resides.
- Boasting a magnificent natural setting, the Sacred Valley of the Incas can be appreciated for its rich flora and fauna, bird watching, and adventure sports as well as its archaeological wealth.
- Visit the local village of Pisac, famous for its colourful market which attracts travellers from all over the world. Try your hand at bartering for local sweaters, ponchos, wall hangings, jewellery, local handicrafts, and unique souvenirs.
- Enjoy an optional short hike to the ruins above the town. Here, you will see some fantastic Inca remains, including ritual baths fed by aqueducts and one of the largest known Inca cemeteries.
- Kick up some dirt as your off-road vehicle rolls along mountain trails past fields of indigenous flowers criss-crosses overhead in the blue sky by kaleidoscopic birdlife. Take in breathtaking views over the Sacred Valley and wave hello to farmers tending their crops as you zoom across this exhilarating landscape.
- Relish a traditional Peruvian buffet-style feast at Wayra Ranch. Entertainment is included in the form of a Peruvian paso horse display with the excellently groomed horses from the property itself.
- Choose to go horseback riding and ride along our neighbouring communities of Palcaraqui and Pumahuanca just as a local might do, or go mountain biking and cycle along Andean terraces, through Spanish colonial villages, around Inca ruins, into highland communities in their vibrant finery and through fields of wildflowers, corn and quinoa.
Day 4-5: Machu Picchu
- Early this morning you will be driven to Ollantaytambo Train Station for a short ride to the beginning of the Inca Trail, and begin your hike up to the Chachabamba ruins.
- At the ruins, you will have time to explore and your guide will share with you the interesting history of the site. From Chachabamba, you will hike a gentle incline through the thick tropical forest, observing orchids and rich greenery. Emerging from the forest, you will come to the famous Wiñay Wayna (Forever Young) where your guide will lead you on a tour of the site.
- From Wiña Wayna, you will make your way up steep Inca Stairs that lead you to the Sun Gate, where you will have your first sight of Machu Picchu as the sun is setting.
Day 5-8: Cusco
- Enjoy the prospects of a walk through Machu Picchu at sunrise, something which people of strong spirituality believe to be the highlight of a visit to Machu Picchu.
- Choose between one or two of these hikes:
- Huayna Picchu, one of the highlights of a visit to Machu Picchu. The views of the Citadel and surrounding landscape are extraordinary from the top and well worth the climbing effort.
- Inti Punku or Sun Gate, it takes about an hour each way and is an uphill strenuous hike on the way out to the Gate.
- Inca Bridge, constructed of a few narrow logs perched above a sheer vertical drop – is believed to have served as a secret entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Machu Picchu Mountain, large granite steps comprise most of its trail and wind all the way to the top. The steep climb is a challenging but rewarding hike and the 360-degree views at the top are a gorgeous reward.
- Dress up on the deluxe Hiram Bingham train to Cusco with a delectable dinner and entertainment on board.
- Delve into a guided city tour of historical Cusco, magnificently preserved, and resplendent with colonial architecture. Beautiful Spanish colonial buildings are juxtaposed with Incan walls lining the square, and a contemporary thriving nightlife flourishes.
- Visit notable sites on the Main Square such as the Cathedral of Cusco, the mother church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Cusco; in addition to its official status as a place of worship, it has become a major repository of Cusco’s colonial art and holds many archaeological artefacts and relics.
- Discover Koricancha Temple, the most impressive example of how Inca and Hispanic cultures fused together.
- Journey through an undiscovered land of wild desert landscapes, snow-capped peaks, herds of alpaca, and arrive at the ultimate destination, Rainbow Mountain, the painted hills hidden deep in the Andes.
Day 8-10: Lake Titicaca
- Titilaka offers unique experiences to learn about the region’s distinctive gastronomy, nature, history and culture. All of these activities can be enjoyed in private or on a shared basis. You can arrange half day and full day scheduled excursions upon check-in.
- Explore Taquile Island and immerse yourself in its Quechua culture and the making of their traditional textiles, which UNESCO has designated “Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity”. Untouched by modernity and living a traditional life, the inhabitants of this charming island are devoted to craftwork where the men knit while the women weave.
- Enjoy intrepid walks through hilly terrain to the top of the island with the rewards of the vast expanse of sublime Lake Titicaca. Savour lunch outdoors as you treat yourself to the grandeur of Puno’s deep blue skies mirrored across Lake Titicaca with views of Bolivia’s Cordillera Real, or the Royal Mountain Range in the background.
- Walk on the unique floating islands of Uros and meet the indigenous Uru people that inhabit them. These extraordinary wafting mobile cities created from flexible totora reeds are incredible feats of engineering.
Day 10: Departure
- Wave a fond farewell as you are driven to Juliaca Airport for your flight to Lima. On arrival in Lima you will be met and assisted with your international flight onward.