Fort and Beach
Kotugoda, Galle, Tangalle
Your journey at a glance
Immerse yourself in this captivating 8-day itinerary that explores unique cultural heritage and dazzling natural landscapes. Explore Galle, a vibrant city that embraces its ancient past. This magnificent UNESCO World Heritage Site is a living monument, inhabited by a bustling community. Explore the beauty of the Old Dutch Fort and the charming culture of this historic place. Take a boat out of Mirissa Harbour and seek out the largest creature ever to inhabit our planet, the mammoth blue whale. Visit revered temples, observe nesting sites of sea turtles and learn the art of tea at a lush tea estate. Enjoy the magnificent coastline of Tangalle, featuring picturesque golden sandy beaches, palm trees and rocky coves. This is the perfect destination for diving, snorkelling or swimming enthusiasts. This is a wonderful introduction to the beauty of Sri Lanka and its extraordinary diversity.
1 night Kotugoda |3 nights Galle | 3 nights Tangalle
8 Days, 7 Nights | From USD 4,450 per person
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Accommodation at the Hotels and as per the meal plans mentioned above.
- All transport services using 01 Air-conditioned Car based on options provided.
- All sightseeing and related entrance charges as mentioned in the itinerary.
- We will be providing an English-speaking Chauffeur Guide throughout the tour.
- Bottle water during sightseeing tours and long drives.
- All presently applicable government taxes.
What's not included
Any other item not explicitly mentioned under included price.
- Sri Lankan Visa
- Lunch and Dinner unless stated otherwise
- Beverages, unless stated otherwise
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls etc.
- Any hotel early check ins or late check outs unless stated otherwise.
- Any Insurance
- International and domestic airfare unless stated otherwise.
- Tips to guides, airport and hotel porters and restaurants. (Tipping is expected!)
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- All rates are inclusive of taxes, any further changes in taxes / levies will be charged extra as applicable.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whichever is applicable) to you.
- In case of any currency fluctuations or amendments in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking.
- It is recommended that all guests take out a comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, medical evacuation, cancellation and curtailment.
- &Beyond trading terms apply
Ready to start planning your journey?
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Curators.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Kotugoda
- You will be welcomed on arrival by an &Beyond representative and driven to your hotel (approximately ½ hour drive).
- Enjoy a stay in an old colonial manor house in Kotugoda that has been lovingly restored to a luxury private hideaway and boasts magnificent manicured gardens.
- Indulge in sumptuous cuisine, revitalising spa treatments, a leisurely swim and a tranquil night’s sleep.
- Spend the day at leisure, relaxing and enjoying the hotel facilities.
Day 2-4: Galle
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Galle which is located on the southern part of the Island (approx. 2 ½ hour drive).
- Delve into the vibrant city of Galle, an exciting city embracing its ancient and colonial past.
- Be enchanted in the captivating Galle Fort and delve into streets steeped in history.
- Lose yourself in stunning, classic Dutch architecture juxtaposed with beautiful European buildings.
- Explore myriad top-notch restaurants, gorgeous arts, crafts and culture that line the labyrinth of cobbled streets.
- Visit the Dutch Hospital Shopping Complex, and soak in the ambience as you enjoy the ultimate retail experience.
- Head out to sea to look for the largest animal that has ever lived, the blue whales. (This is a seasonal activity from January to mid-April and November to December.
- Delve into the beautiful art of tea making on an interpretive journey to the Handunugoda Tea Estate and Factory. Discover how Sri Lanka’s famous White Virgin tea is plucked, created, and transformed into a world-renowned blend.
Day 5-7: Tangalle
- After breakfast you will be driven to Tangalle (approx. 3-hour drive). En route stop and see the Stilt Fishermen of Weligama.
- Fishermen are precariously perched on stilts with one hand holding on to the fishing rod and balancing themselves on the poles itself with the other.
- Visit the Mulkirigala Temple, seven cave temples scattered over five terraced areas of different altitudes.
- Go on an expedition to Rekawa Turtle Beach to look for nesting sea turtles.
- Amanwella’s golden beach is ideal for activities ranging from surfing and snorkelling to whale watching and fishing.
- Tuck into delectable menus and relax on the expansive terrace surrounding the main sparkling pool, amble along the soft sandy beach for hours and return to colourful cocktails at sunset.
- Pamper yourself with a soul-soothing treatment at the spa.
Day 8: Departure
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Bandaranaike International Airport for your flight onwards.
- Wave a fond farewell as your journey with us comes to an end.