Your journey at a glance
Embark on an extraordinary 12-day itinerary that highlights the beauty and adventure of Ecuador and Peru.
Immerse yourself in a spectacular 12-day adventure to the bucket list destinations of Peru and Ecuador. Your journey begins briefly in Lima, one of South America’s largest cities. Head to Cusco, once the political and geographical centre of the Inca Empire. This enchanting city balances age-old Peruvian traditions with Spanish colonial elegance and offers peaceful courtyards, centuries-old passageways, lively European-style squares, temples and sacred hillside sanctuaries for visitors to explore. Discover Peru’s most sought-after drawcard, the famous ruins of Machu Picchu. This enigmatic stone citadel is tangible evidence of the Inca Empire, when it was at the peak of its power and achievement. Journey to Quito, the bustling capital of Ecuador, steeped in a rich cultural history perfectly juxtaposed with a contemporary ambiance. Historically fascinating, the iconic Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, showcases an astounding array of monuments and colonial architecture, all built on the ruins of an Incan city. Your adventure culminates in the pristine chain of volcanic islands that make up the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Galapagos. Made famous by Charles Darwin who studied the island’s fantastic array of species, this is an unforgettable experience brimming with marine iguanas, sea lions, giant tortoises and an exceptional array of wildlife and birds. An extraordinary adventure awaits you here.
2 nights Immerse yourself in a spectacular 12-day adventure to the bucket list destinations of Peru and Ecuador. Your journey begins briefly in Lima, one of South America’s largest cities. Head to Cusco, once the political and geographical centre of the Inca Empire. This enchanting city balances age-old Peruvian traditions with Spanish colonial elegance and offers peaceful courtyards, centuries-old passageways, lively European-style squares, temples and sacred hillside sanctuaries for visitors to explore. Discover Peru’s most sought-after drawcard, the famous ruins of Machu Picchu. This enigmatic stone citadel is tangible evidence of the Inca Empire, when it was at the peak of its power and achievement. Journey to Quito, the bustling capital of Ecuador, steeped in a rich cultural history perfectly juxtaposed with a contemporary ambiance. Historically fascinating, the iconic Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, showcases an astounding array of monuments and colonial architecture, all built on the ruins of an Incan city. Your adventure culminates in the pristine chain of volcanic islands that make up the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Galapagos. Made famous by Charles Darwin who studied the island’s fantastic array of species, this is an unforgettable experience brimming with marine iguanas, sea lions, giant tortoises and an exceptional array of wildlife and birds. An extraordinary adventure awaits you here.
12 Days | From USD 13,452
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- All nights of accommodation mentioned in the program
- Private transportation in the best available vehicles in each city
- Tours as mentioned in the program with private English speaking local guides (Except in Galapagos)
- Meals as indicated in the program
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu, Galapagos National Park and all sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Vistadome train ticket (one way)
- Belmond Hiram Bingham train ticket (one way)
- Migratory Cards to enter in Galapagos
- VIP Lounge in Baltra Airport – Galapagos
- Taxes included, where applicable
What's not included
- International Airfare / Airport taxes
- Domestic Air Tickets and local airport tax (quoted separately)
- Early check in or late check-out charges
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Any video/still camera fee during the trip
- Excess of baggage
- Visa or reciprocity fee expenses
- Medical and Travel Insurance
- Rates are valid for: 15 January - 15th December 2021
- Children and small group rates upon request*
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in Peru
- &Beyond reserves the right to modify program itineraries, including arranged sightseeing, and substitute accommodations, including vessels and trains, at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond &Beyond’s control. Every effort will be made to operate itineraries as planned, but alterations may occur after the final itinerary has been issued.
- Rates are subject to change
- &Beyond trading terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Lima
- Upon arrival at Lima International Airport, you will be welcomed by an &Beyond representative and escorted to your hotel in the airport.
- Museums, ancient archaeological sites, beautiful beaches, wondrous nature reserves, vibrant nightlife, and the thrill of adventure sports, give Peru’s capital an authentic and unique personality.
- The city is also known for its outstanding cuisine, which encompasses specialties from ceviche and traditional coastal cooking to refined global fare. This energetic, sprawling metropolis promises visitors an unforgettable experience that is rich in culture, and high in excitement.
Day 2-3: Cusco
- This morning you will meet your &Beyond representative for your scheduled flight to Cusco.
- On arrival at Cusco Airport your guide will meet you and drive you to your hotel.
- Visit the Cathedral of Cusco, the mother church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Cusco; in addition to its official status as a place of worship, has become a major repository of Cusco’s colonial art, it also holds many archaeological artefacts and relics.
- Explore Koricancha Temple, the most impressive example of how Inca and Hispanic cultures fused together. The remains of the ancient Peruvians’ Sun Temple were used as foundations on which the Santo Domingo church and convent was built.
- Discover Sacsayhuaman, an imposing display of Inca architecture, there is still a question over its real purpose during the Inca period. At first, it was thought to have been a fort, but later it was considered to have been a ceremonial centre.
- Take pictures at Qenqo, an immense, rocky promontory marked by carved steps, wells and channels; Puca Puccara or Red Fort and Tambomachay where the architecture of this Inca baths consists of a group of structures built with precisely cut stones. Water from nearby streams runs through the site in aqueducts and small cascades.
Day 3-4: Machu Picchu
- An exciting day awaits as you board the vistadome train to Machu Picchu.
- Explore the enigmatic citadel of Machu Picchu accompanied by your expert guide. They will lead you through the site, providing archaeological and historical information on key areas of interest, including Intihuatana (the Sun Dial), the Sacred Plaza and the Temple of the Sun.
- This is an opportunity to revel in the energy and atmosphere of one of the most significant and spectacular archaeological sites on the planet, surrounded by the cloud forest, Wayna Picchu and Inti Punku (the Sun Gate), the entrance to the Machu Picchu.
Day 4-5: Machu Picchu
- This morning you may rise early, take the bus and enjoy the prospects of a walk-through Machu Picchu at sunrise, something which people of strong spirituality believe to be the highlight of a visit to Machu Picchu.
- Today you will have the option to do one or two of these hikes:
- Huayna Picchu, one of the highlights of a visit to Machu Picchu. The views of the Citadel and surrounding landscape are extraordinary from the top and well worth the climbing effort.
- Inti Punku or Sun Gate, it takes about an hour each way and is an uphill strenuous hike on the way out to the Gate.
- Inca Bridge constructed of a few narrow logs perched above a sheer vertical drop – is believed to have served as a secret entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Machu Picchu Mountain, large granite steps comprise most of its trail and wind all the way to the top. The steep climb is a challenging but rewarding hike and the 360-degree views at the top are a gorgeous reward.
- Depart on the deluxe Hiram Bingham train and enjoy a sumptuous dinner served on board.
Day 5-6: Pisac & Ollantaytambo
- This morning you will visit Pisac Market, renowned for its colourful market where locals meet to sell their merchandise as they have done for centuries. The handicraft market is open every day and is famous for its ceramic beads made into necklaces, earrings and other Peruvian artefacts.
- You will then continue to Pisac Archaeological Site, here there are many different buildings, plazas, temples, pools and other structures, all built between the 10th and 11th centuries AD. Inca architecture continues to stun admirers with the technique used to build its enormous walls, palaces and turrets with stone blocks, all done without any type of cement or adhesive.
- Lunch is at Hacienda Huayoccari, tucked away in the lush, vegetation-filled private estate of the Lambarri-Orihuela family in the village of Huayoccari. The Hacienda houses the owner’s private collection of pre-Colombian, Incan and colonial artefacts including an impressive collection of ‘Qeros’ the traditional drinking vessels.
- Explore Ollantaytambo, a lovely village that preserves the designs of Inca buildings. Among this place’s most impressive attractions are the ceremonial temple in worship of water and a fortress that guarded the entrance to the valley to repel any invasions. The fortress is a stone colossus that was built between two mountains to protect the valley.
Day 6-8: Quito
- This morning you will be driven to Cusco Airport for your scheduled flight to Lima and connect with your international flight to Quito Airport.
- Upon your arrival you will be welcomed by an &Beyond representative and driven to your hotel.
- Quito, Ecuador’s capital, sits high in the Andean foothills and is constructed on the foundations
of an ancient Incan city.
- Enjoy a downtown city tour passing through the modern section of Quito towards the city’s historic district. Sit in Independence Square, flanked by the Presidential Palace, the Cathedral, the Archbishop’s Palace and the City Hall. Stroll past El Sagrario Church and marvel at the exquisite stone facade of La Compañía Church. Visit the San Francisco Church, built over the ruins of an Inca Palace in the 16th century.
- Ride up the road to the Panecillo or the Itchimbia hills for a breathtaking view of Quito.
- Savour a delicious chocolate tasting in Galeria Ecuador, where you will learn how to cultivate cacao plants, and the process of transforming the cacao plant into chocolate. You will be provided with
- Cooking implements and ingredients to prepare your very own chocolate truffles.
- Participate in a Cooking Class with the opportunity to create two typical Ecuadorian dishes. A professional chef will be your teacher during this activity. You will be shown how to prepare “ceviche” and the famous “helado de Paila” (an ice cream made with fresh typical pulp fruits, considered one of the most iconic foods of Ecuador).
- Visit the Equatorial Monument, built as a tribute to the French scientists who determined the shape of the earth in the 1700’s. Visit the Ethnographic Museum inside the monument, where the colourful way of life of the different ethnic groups of Ecuador is on display. There is also the Intiñan interactive museum that reveals the different theories around the Incas.
Day 8: Galapagos Island
- After breakfast you will be picked up and driven to the airport for your domestic flight to Galapagos Islands. You will have access to the VIP Lounge at Baltra Airport (GPS).
- The Pikaia Lodge representatives meet you and take to the Itabaca Channel for a seven-minute ferry crossing to Santa Cruz Island followed by a 50minute scenic trip in private transport to Pikaia Lodge.
- Relax and familiarise yourself in the spectacular surroundings and unwind at the Sumaq Spa, swim in the infinity pool, workout in the gym, or go walking, jogging or cycling on the scenic trails within the boundaries. There is a good chance of encountering resident giant tortoises.
- Watch a fascinating 3D HD documentary on Galapagos filmed by Sir David Attenborough.
Day 9-11: Santa Fe, South Plaza, North Seymour, Mosquera and Santa Cruz Islands
- Enjoy full day yacht experiences with highly experienced naturalist guides who will explain the history, evolution and science of not only the beautiful location, but also the incredible animals you will encounter.
- Pull on wetsuits for a fun snorkelling activity or strap on your hiking boots for captivating hikes.
- Relish lunch buffets with traditional Ecuadorian food.
- See giant tortoises on a private estate located in the highlands, where these ancient reptiles search for water and lush vegetation.
- Splash at Garrapatero Beach, a gorgeous sandy beach surrounded by mangroves. A fresh wáter lake behind the beach is home to flamingos, herons, stilts and other shore birds. The beautiful turquoise waters provide a good opportunity for swimming and snorkelling.
- While sailing, you can rest, shower, or freshen up in your air – conditioned private cabins, soak in the jacuzzi, watch a Galapagos documentary, join a discussion with guides, sunbathe or watch for seabirds or dolphins.
Day 12: Departure
- After your breakfast you will be driven to Baltra Airport for your domestic flight to Quito. Upon arrival you will assisted to your international flight home.
- Wave a fond farewell as your journey with us comes to an end.