Your journey at a glance
Experience the romance of a combined African safari and beach adventure, enveloped in the breathtaking beauty of the bush and beach on this 10-day itinerary through Kenya.
Your journey will be marked by rich cultural elements, and the unrivalled hospitality that is a signature of any visit to Kenya.
Discover Nairobi’s wildlife sanctuaries, and historical landmarks like Karen Blixen’s home in Nairobi; witness the boundless plains and rugged outcrops of East Africa’s world-famous Masai Mara reserve; explore the landscapes and wildlife of the Chyulu Hills, dominated by some of Africa’s last big-tusker elephants, and shadowed by ever-present views of towering Mt Kilimanjaro; lose yourself in a cocoon of beach beauty as you relax in your private villa on the Kenyan Coast.
From riveting game drives, to fascinating walking safaris; the thrill of large lion prides, to the romance of a candlelit dinner; the feeling of the breeze through your hair as you revel in a horseback riding adventure, to the serenity of an African sunset, this itinerary has it all.
Raise a toast to these extraordinary landscapes, wildlife and people, before snuggling down in your bed under the stars, lulled to sleep by the rustles, patters, and calls of wild Africa.
1 night Nairobi | 2 nights Masai Mara | 3 nights Chyulu Hills National Park | 3 nights Kenyan Coast
10 Days | From USD 8,805 per person
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Meet and Greet service at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary
- All scheduled light aircraft flights as per itinerary
- All scheduled road transfers:
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to One Forty Eight
- One Forty Eight to Wilson Airport
- Finch Hatton’s Airstrip/Finch Hatton’s/Finch Hattons Airstrip
- Nanyuki Airstrip/Segera/Nanyuki Airstrip
- Wilson Airport to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Selected Kenya National park fees
- &Beyond Personal Travel Journal
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
What's not included
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Ol Donyo Lodge: Closed 1 April – April 2019
- Some flights between airstrips maybe subjected to minimum 4 guests during low seasons
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- December 2019 high season rates are from 20 December 2019
- Validity periods are as specified above – should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Additional suggested activities not included in the rate. Optional activities are not included in the price:
- Karen Blixen Museum, Nairobi
- Air Balloon safari
- Horse Riding safari, Chyulu Hills
- Amboseli National Park day trip
- Scuba diving
- Kite surfing course
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, ROE, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- Rates are subject to change.
- Our high season typically covers travel between July and September as well as Christmas, New Years and Easter.
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
Plan your journey
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Nairobi
- On your arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Kenya, an &Beyond representative will welcome you and transfer you to your hotel in Nairobi.
- Recover and relax within the intimate surrounds of the One Forty Eight boutique hotel, a living gallery with original artworks throughout, and conveniently close to restaurants, museums, urban highlights, and wildlife sanctuaries.
- The only city in the world with a national park on its doorstep, Nairobi is the hub of East Africa, and is packed with unique attractions, from bustling markets to fascinating historical sites such as the Karen Blixen Museum.
- Named after a Maasai watering hole, ‘enkare nyarobi’, which means ‘place of cool waters’, the city is also known for its leafy streets and parks.
- A modern city with towering skyscrapers and imposing architecture, Nairobi also boasts a beautiful skyline.
Day 2-3: Masai Mara, Kenya: &Beyond Bateleur Camp
- Take a flight to the Masai Mara where you will be met by the &Beyond Bateleur Camp team.
- Celebrating the romance of a bygone era, &Beyond Bateleur Camp offers guests the quintessential experience of an African safari within the exclusivity of a private Masai Mara concession area.
- In addition to the seasonal Great Migration throngs of plains game and attentive predators, the Masai Mara is also home to year-round concentrations of game.
- The reserve is a photographer’s and naturalist’s paradise, with abundant elephant, buffalo, giraffe, lion and cheetah alongside wildebeest and zebra.
- Leopards are frequently encountered, endangered black rhino hide in the dense thickets, and large rafts of hippo and enormous crocodiles are to be found in the Mara River.
- Discuss your activity preferences with your dedicated guide and set the pace for your very own adventure. Pick and choose from the following options:
- Twice daily game drives, including spot-lit night drives
- Bush walks, and hot air balloon safaris
- Interactive community visits with the Maasai
- An interpretive walk with a Maasai naturalist
- Sundowners looking out across landscapes immortalised in the ‘Out of Africa’ movie epic
Day 4-6: Chyulu Hills, Kenya: Ol Donyo Lodge
- Ol Donyo Lodge is set within the 111 288 hectares (275 000 acres) of the Mbirikini Group Ranch (private land leased from the Maasai) bordering the Chyulu Hills National Park.
- Tucked into the greenery of the Chyulu Hills, between the national parks of Tsavo East and Amboseli, this secluded getaway guarantees breathtaking views all presided over by the singular outline of Mt Kilimanjaro.
- A highlight sighting of the Chyulu Hills are some of Africa’s biggest herds of large-tusked elephants.
- You have the choice of a number of game-viewing activities to view the wealth of resident wildlife, including:
- Morning and afternoon game drives
- Night drives to catch some of the lesser seen nocturnal animals
- Horseback game viewing (to suit riders of all levels and experience)
- Special-interest (e.g. birdwatching) guided walks / hikes with the lodge’s resident tracker
- Guided cycling on the plains
- Quiet time in the log-pile hide overlooking the lodge’s watering hole
- Experience the romance of a night under the stars: sleep in the comfort of your rooftop star bed.
- Visit the Maasai villages on the ranch for an authentic and insightful community excursion.
Day 7-9: Diani Beach, Kenya: Alfajiri Villas
- This morning you will hop on board a short flight to the Kenyan coast, known for long stretches of dazzling white beaches, warm Indian Ocean waters, and pristine marine reserves: the perfect end to an exhilarating safari.
- Indulge in the unapologetic luxury of your spacious private villa, complete with the customised benefits of your own butler, tailor-made menus, fine wines, and daily massages.
- Nature enthusiasts will delight in the array of water sports such as snorkelling, scuba diving, fishing, and diving. Try your hand at a kite surfing course. An added bonus is the protection offered by the offshore barrier reef.
- Ask your chef for a picnic basket, and head out for some time on the beach.
Day 10: Departure
Wave a fond farewell as your classic Kenyan romance comes to an end. You will be collected and driven to the airport for your international flight.