Your journey at a glance
This 11-day South African family tour begins in Cape Town, affectionately known as the Mother City, a breathtaking destination where marvellous attractions await!
Your adventure starts with a full-day vibrant tour of the Cape Peninsula where you will visit four of the Cape’s most secluded beaches, tour Hout Bay, hunt for a selection of gemstones near Simons Town, visit the charming penguin colony at Boulders Beach and journey to the fabled Cape of Good Hope. Savour an unforgettable exploration of Table Mountain, the Company Gardens, Signal Hill, the traditional Malay Quarter and the Two Oceans Aquarium.
Be whisked away to the Cape Whale Coast region to unwind in the spectacular Grootbos Private Nature Reserve. Adventures include flower safaris, birding tours, horse riding, scenic flights, mountain biking, shark-cage diving, whale-watching tours and not-to-be-missed guided nature walks.
The next leg of your adventure takes you to Plettenberg Bay where you will enjoy a scenic boat trip and the possibility for up-close encounters with various marine animals. You will also have the chance to enjoy a guided walk over the longest suspension bridge in Africa and interact with elephants and monkeys. Your luxury family vacation ends with an unforgettable safari. Here, a full complement of tailor-made children activities await, in addition to the standard magical game drives and guided nature walks.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Cape Town
- On your arrival drive towards the city, your view from afar will be of Table Mountain, one of the most spiritual places on earth, with two oceans and the beautiful city of Cape Town at its feet
- Once you have arrived at your hotel, take the rest of the day to freshen up and unwind before the next day’s adventure
Day 2: Cape Town
- Explore Clifton’s secluded beaches and browse the sidewalk cafés of trendy Camp’s Bay
- Stop at Hout Bay, a former fishing village with a long, sandy beach facing magnificent mountains
- Cruise along the breathtaking Chapman’s Peak Drive before stopping near Simon’s Town
- Children can hunt in the Scratch Patch (for precious stones) and then explore the penguin colony at Boulders Beach
- Head to Cape Point Reserve, to walk to the famous Cape Point Lighthouse
- Stop at the Cape of Good Hope, the most south-western point of the African continent
- Visit the beautiful Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
Day 3: Cape Town
- Ride on the revolving cable car up to the top of iconic Table Mountain and explore its famous flat top (if the weather is not favourable, explore the smaller peak known as Signal Hill)
- Travel to the Company Gardens – home to the SA Museum, Cultural History Museum, Houses of Parliament, National Gallery and St George’s Cathedral
- Head up to Signal Hill for the firing of the noonday gun – one of Cape Town’s oldest traditions
- Visit the traditional Malay Quarter and admire the area’s brightly coloured houses, which date back as far as the 17th century
- Explore the V&A Waterfront and Two Oceans Aquarium
Day 4-5: Whale Coast
- Take a self-drive to the Grootbos Private Nature Reserve
- Enjoy a range of exciting activities such as
- horse riding
- guided walks (such as fynbos nature tours and milkwood walks)
- nature, marine and coastal drives
- land-based whale watching in season (roughly from June to December)
Day 6-7: Plettenberg Bay
- Revel in your stunning stay nestled in the heart of a lush indigenous forest
- Go stand-up paddle boarding on Keurbooms River that winds its way through deep ravines and indigenous forest
- Moor at the sandy cove at Whiskey Creek, for a walk through the forest and enjoy a champagne and juice stop in natural splendour
Day 8-10: Eastern Cape Big Five Safari
- Cherish some of the most spectacular big five wildlife viewing in the world
- Enjoy the opportunity to walk through a big five safari reserve
- Discover an array of archaeological and historical sites
Day 11: Cape Town
Wave a fond farewell as your family getaway comes to an end
You will be collected and driven to the airport for your international flight onward.