BIG FIVE SAFARI
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- The most prestigious game reserve in South Africa, Sabi Sand is famous for incredible leopard sightings, iconic wildlife and breathtaking scenery. Bordering the Kruger National Park, a number of private game lodges dot this spectacular landscape. Each one unique, they differ in atmosphere and ambiance. A visit to the area guarantees an unparalleled never-to-be-forgotten experience of the African bush.
- With one of the richest game populations in the country, the chances of seeing the Big Five of lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and rhino are excellent. Set out in an open 4×4 safari vehicle in the company of a ranger and tracker team, and seek out wildlife roaming across the terrain.
- Tread in the paths of wildlife on captivating nature walks with experienced guides, absorb the intricate details of the wild and take in the subtle sounds around you. Discover things you would not usually see on a game vehicle. Take the time to crush the grass beneath your feet, smell the pungent aromas of the bush and feel the textures of serrated leaves and rough bark.
Day 4-7: Benguerra Island
- Arrive in Vilanculos and board a helicopter to the secluded Benguerra Island.
- As the second largest island of the Bazaruto Archipelago, Benguerra offers exceptional opportunities to witness a slice of the very best of Mozambique’s exceptional marine life. (Approximately 10 minutes)
- Put your feet up at for your 4-night stay in a casinha with ensuite bathroom and outdoor shower.
- Choose to spend your day either scuba diving, snorkelling, on a castaway picnic, dhow cruise, island drive or a horse riding safari – all included during your stay
- Activities offered at additional cost include fishing and helicopter sightseeing
Day 8: Benguerra Island
After a mouth-watering breakfast, we wave a fond farewell as you board a helicopter for your flight back to Vilanculos International Airport. Here, you will catch a scheduled flight to O.R Tambo International Airport.