Your journey at a glance
Combine sea and safari for a romantic escape to one of South Africa’s most renowned game reserves and the sandy beaches of Mozambique’s Bazaruto Archipelago.
Track the Big Five in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, a place of extraordinary adventure, where myriad possibilities create breath-taking thrills around every bend.
After your wildlife adventure, pamper yourself with some rest and relaxation in the tropical climate and sunshine of &Beyond Benguerra Island.
Explore the warm waters and marvel at the marine life of the island’s coral reefs on scuba diving expeditions, enjoy the thrill of deep sea fishing or simply explore the magical setting and soaring dunes of Benguerra.
3 nights Sabi Sand Game Reserve | 4 nights Benguerra Island
Plan your journey
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
Day 1-3: Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- The Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which borders the Kruger National Park, is made up of a number of private game lodges, each one differing in atmosphere, and a visit to the area guarantees a never-to-be-forgotten experience of the African bush
- Set out in an open 4×4 safari vehicle in the company of a ranger and tracker team, who will attempt to track your favourite animals. The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is well known for its leopard sightings and you may well spot one of these elusive cats resting after a successful night hunt
- Strap on your boots and feel the wild grasses crush beneath your boots on an interpretive guided bush walk
- Choose to make a trip to one of the villages surrounding the Sabi Sand Game Reserve provides a glimpse into the challenges, hopes and dreams of this local community in a way that not only educates but also inspires
Day 4-7: Benguerra Island
- Arrive in Vilanculos and board a helicopter to the secluded Benguerra Island.
- As the second largest island of the Bazaruto Archipelago, Benguerra offers exceptional opportunities to witness a slice of the very best of Mozambique’s exceptional marine life. (Approximately 10 minutes)
- Put your feet up at for your 4-night stay in a casinha with ensuite bathroom and outdoor shower.
- Choose to spend your day either scuba diving, snorkelling, on a castaway picnic, dhow cruise, island drive or a horse riding safari – all included during your stay
- Activities offered at additional cost include fishing and helicopter sightseeing
Day 8: Benguerra Island
After a mouth-watering breakfast, we wave a fond farewell as you board a helicopter for your flight back to Vilanculos International Airport. Here, you will catch a scheduled flight to O.R Tambo International Airport.