Your journey at a glance
The eight-night Superior Explorer Expedition offers mobile camping in Botswana’s Chobe National Park, Savute and ends of with a stay in a luxury &Beyond lodge in the Okavango Delta.
This adventure will take you to the spectacular regions of Botswana’s Chobe National Park and the Savute and rounds off your journey with a delightfully indulgent two night stay at one of our &Beyond lodges in the Okavango Delta. As an optional extra, you can add the renowned Victoria Falls to your itinerary.
You can now experience the very best of Botswana on a private, Superior Explorer Expedition. Perfect for families or groups looking for a privately guided Botswana experience; you now have the opportunity to choose a private guide, from our selection of Botswana safari experts, who will accompany you throughout your journey.
2 nights Chobe National Park | 2 nights Savute | 2 nights Moremi Game Reserve | 2 nights Okavango Delta
What makes this expedition special
- Rustic and comfortable mobile camping allows you to get closer than ever to the spectacular African wilderness, with the same personalised &Beyond experience.
- Your entire journey will be hosted by our most senior and experienced private guides who offer a wealth of knowledge about your chosen destinations and an engaging experience throughout your adventure.
- Your mobile camping adventure is fully inclusive – from the time you arrive in Botswana, every aspect of your journey will be conveniently organised for you.
- This ultimate African safari adventure guarantees an intimate, exclusive experience with a minimum of two guests and a maximum of six guests per departure, ensuring window seats on game drives for all. Children over 12 years of age are welcome.
- Best of Northern Botswana – Chobe, Savute, private concessions in the Okavango Delta. (Add Victoria Falls to the beginning of your trip for added guest delight).
- This adventure offers the perfect combination of land and water activities such as private boat cruises, game drives, mokoro excursions and fishing (seasonal).
- Round off your mobile camping adventure with a stay at one of &Beyond’s luxury lodges in the Okavango Delta.
Limited departures | 9 Days
From USD 4,530 per person
- Meet and greet at Maun Airport or Kasane Airport (13h00)
- Three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives
- Transfers to and from the lodge airstrip
- National Park entrance fees while on safari
- Road transfers during your safari
- Seat on plane as specified
- Domestic airport tax within Botswana
- Waterborne/game viewing activities while on safari
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Services of an &Beyond guide throughout your adventure in Botswana
- Administration fee (2020 only)
What's not included
- Telephone calls
- Safari shop purchases
- All items of a personal nature
- Champagne, cognacs, fine wines and premium brand spirits
- Administration fee (2019 only)
- This safari travels with a maximum of 6 guests in 3 tents, in a specially customised 4x4 safari vehicle, and accompanied by an expert &Beyond safari guide throughout
- Child sharing rate is applicable to children between the ages of 12 years and 16 years. Children between the ages of 12 years and 16 years are only permitted on the Botswana Highlights Expedition and Superior Explorer Expedition. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted
- Triple rooms are unfortunately not available on any of our andBeyond Botswana Expeditions
- The upper age limit for this safari is 70 years, however, guests between the age of 70 and 75 years may be accepted provided that they produce a medical certificate stating that they are fit to travel
- Validity periods are specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- All Expeditions are closed for the month on January due to annual maintenance and training
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- Please be advised that the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones) is not allowed in any of the conservation areas we manage until such time as their impact on wildlife and anti-poaching initiatives can be assessed. This rule will apply throughout Africa, as our partners in various countries and regions have adopted a similar stance
- Private Guide request is subject to availability of the guide at the time of booking
- German-speaking and French-speaking departures are available on request, subject to minimum 2 guests and maximum 4 guests on departure and a supplement will apply
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-2: Chobe National Park
- Your journey begins at Kasane Airport where you will meet your private guide who will accompany you throughout your adventure. Your guide will then drive you to a secluded campsite in the Chobe National Park, where you will spend two nights
- Chobe National Park is home to thrilling action-packed wildlife interactions and the largest concentration of elephants in Africa
- Enjoy adventures such as game drives and private boat cruises on the Chobe River
Day 3-4: Savute
- The next leg of your tour will be a game drive transfer into the beautiful Savute area of the Chobe National Park. Here, surrounded by pristine wilderness, you will spend two nights. The area is known for its large prides of lion, African wild dog, leopard and spotted hyena that prowl the landscape in search of prey. Adventures in the Savute include game drives and the opportunity to see volcanic outcrops and Bushmen paintings
Day 5-6: Moremi Game Reserve
- After exploring the Savute, you will embark on a scenic game drive to the glorious Okavango Delta for a two night stay, on the banks of a seasonal waterway overlooking the celebrated Moremi Game Reserve
- Here, you will be truly spoilt for choice at the assortment of excellent wildlife sightings in the area
- From your pristine surrounds in the Okavango Delta you will enjoy the same renowned wildlife sightings commonly associated with the Moremi Game Reserve such as lion, leopard, African wild dog, kudu, elephant, semi-aquatic lechwe, hippo and giraffe
Day 7-8: Okavango Delta
- The final leg of your journey will be a light aircraft flight that will take you to one of the &Beyond lodges in the Okavango Delta
- Here, you can round off your unforgettable Botswana journey in luxurious, award-winning, surrounds with all the creature comforts such as soul-soothing massages await
- Experience an adventure-filled mix of water and land activities such as game drives, catch-and-release fishing, mokoro and boating trips. Please note that water-based activities are seasonal
Day 9: Departure
- Today, your guide will accompany on a flight back to Maun and will wave a fond farewell as you board your flight homeward from Maun International Airport