JOIN A GROUP OF MAX 8 GUESTS ON SPECIAL EDITION SET-DEPARTURE
PRIVATELY GUIDED & HOSTED BY OUR CONSERVATION EXPERTS AND SKILLED GUIDES
SEEK OUT 8 OF INDIA'S MOST ENDANGERED SPECIES INCLUDING THE ASIATIC RHINO AND HOOLOCK GIBBON
MAKE AN IMPACT BY VISITING LOCAL COMMUNITY PROJECTS. INCLUDES A GROUP DONATION TO CONSERVATION.
SPECIAL ACCESS TO WILDLIFE EXPERTS, INCLUDING A NIGHT WITH DR. RAGHU CHUNDAWAT
Your journey at a glance
Embark on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness India’s most prized wildlife on a privately guided, 13-day Impact Small Group Journey.
This adventure will see you in the company of a wildlife expert as well as like-minded enthusiasts, as you traverse through India’s iconic sanctuaries in search of the Endangered Eight. Explore the spectacular landscapes of Kaziranga National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; and the Kanha and Gir National Parks – providing beautiful surrounds to embrace a wider conservation awareness of diverse ecosystems, wildlife behaviour and interaction. Additionally, you will be able to gain a deeper understanding of wildlife conservation and the ethos that underpins all that &BEYOND strives for in our Care of the Land, Care of Wildlife strategy.
What we love about this journey:
- Small groups of 8 guests, which means plenty of flexibility and exclusivity
- Guided throughout by an esteemed wildlife expert, and naturalist
- Try to spot some of the endangered species in the wild – Royal Bengal tiger, greater one-horned rhino, Asiatic elephant, Asiatic lion, wild dog (dhole), barasingha (hard ground swamp deer), wild buffalo, and the hoolock gibbon – India’s only ape
- Traverse through a trio of unique national parks (all hailed as conservation success stories)
- Spend an evening with the respected Dr. Raghu Chandawat, one of India’s leading authorities on tigers, and author of the acclaimed The Rise and Fall of the Emerald Tigers (2018)
- Visit the Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation for injured wild animals
- Engage and gain insight into the life of local children at a community primary school
- Delight in the opportunity to witness over 600 bird species in the region
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at Haroo Charai Tea Estate, with a walk around the estate learning the intricate art of tea making
* Includes a USD 1000 donation (per group) to the Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation
Are you ready?
BEGIN YOUR ADVENTURE
This unforgettable journey is limited to 8 guests with a set departure date.
Please talk to us if you are interested in booking a tailormade journey.
A taste of what to expect
Day 1: Delhi
- Upon your arrival in bustling Delhi, you will be warmly welcomed by a representative from &Beyond who will personally assist you through customs and immigration, and the baggage collection process. You will then be driven to your hotel.
- A fascinating history awaits you here in the capital of India, a modern vibrant metropolitan city with ancient buildings juxtaposed with gleaming stylish architectural wonders.
- If time allows, enjoy some of the sites, attractions and sounds of bustling Delhi, with the city’s vibrant shopping malls in close proximity.
- Alternatively, consider arriving a day early to enjoy all that Delhi has to offer.
Day 2-4: Kaziranga National Park
- Relish a delectable lunch at Haroo Charai Tea Estate, followed by a walk around the estate to learn about the tea making process.
- Explore the fascinating Kaziranga National Park, a textured terrain of tall grasslands and patches of swampy water bodies.
- Peer through the foliage and capture stunning sightings of one-horned rhino and herds of Asian elephant.
- Cast your eyes to the sky, and into the grassland, for spectacular bird sightings.
- Look out for the Bengal florican, leaping high above the elephant grass showing off its breeding plumage, or the swamp francolin skulking beside the tracks on the road.
- View swamp deer in the vast grasslands or as they take refuge in water.
- Lookout for the endangered hoolock gibbons, the only apes in India.
Day 5: Kolkata
- Spend the night in Kolkata, home of intellect and art, and enjoy the tranquil surroundings of your hotel.
Day 6-8: Kanha National Park
- Marvel at the beauty and diversity of Kanha National Park, boasting the ideal habitat for both tigers and their prey species.
- Traverse through lush sal and bamboo forests interspersed with vast grassy meadows
- Gain greater understanding of the ecosystem of the park with a specially trained naturalist who will explain fascinating animals and plants.
- Listen for alarm calls and understand what your naturalist guide is doing when he is looking for tracks and signs in the dirt.
- Explore pretty meadows, where grazing herbivores draw tigers, leopards and wild dog from the surrounding forest.
Day 9 Mumbai
- Spend the night in Mumbai, a powerhouse of a city, abuzz with activity.
Day 10-12: Gir National Park
- Delve into Gir National Park, a biodiverse landscape that forms a haven for a number of endangered wildlife species.
- Capture sensational sightings of Asiatic lions, and India’s highest densities of leopard and marsh crocodile.
- View phenomenal birdlife with over 300 bird species and large numbers of raptors including the laggar falcon, greater spotted eagle and five species of vulture
Day 13: Departure
- Your journey comes to an end as you bid a fond farewell.
- Head back to Mumbai where you can freshen up before your homeward flight later this evening.
- Accommodation and meal plan as mentioned in the programme.
- All transfers and overland trips by air-conditioned vehicles.
- All Internal Regular flights in economy class subject to change at the time of issuing (Note: Baggage allowance is 15 kgs per person/per sector)
- Flights are based on current schedule and are quoted on presently available rates that may change at the time of booking.
- Mineral bottled water during long drives
- One accompanying English speaking natural history guide for groups of minimum 4 pax
- One visit to Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation
- Talk on Indian Wildlife and Conservation
- All current taxes as on date (subject to change as per Government policies)
What's not includedAny International Airfare / Airport taxes Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff. Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, phone calls etc. Any video / still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes. TIP to the accompanying Naturalist – To be settled directly Any Insurance. FOR SAFARI LODGES: The prices are Exclusive of: Telephone calls Safari Shop purchases Park Video and professional camera fee Laundry Champagne, Cognacs, Premium Brand Spirits, Fine Wines and Cigars. Gratuities Any additional taxes and levies.
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming