The spirit of &Beyond Phinda Forest Lodge
They say that people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones and that is certainly true at Phinda Forest Lodge!
Our designers have created a calming atmosphere of Zulu Zen. And there’s no need to worry about the privacy of your retreat – in spite of the floor to ceiling glass walls, the towering torchwood trees and fertile forest floor that surround your suite ensure a sense of seclusion.
Set in rare and beautiful sand forest, the glass walls of Phinda Forest Lodge offer a sweeping view of one of the most unique ecosystems on the planet. Phinda Forest Lodge is one of the world’s first eco-designed luxury lodges. Floor to ceiling windows invite the forest in but the dense canopy provides privacy. The dainty forms of dwarf forest antelope dart among and below the suites, raised on stilts to float between the sandy forest floor and the leafy canopy above. Waking up to rustling forest sounds and bird song, surrounded by delicate leaf-filtered light, a pervading sense of peace and calm will set the tone for your entire day.
Why we love it
- Day and night game drives, walking safari and river cruises
- Sensitively constructed in rare sand forest
- Tiny duiker and suni antelope graze between and under the stilted glass suites
- Contemporary Zulu Zen style; secluded bliss, tucked away from the rest of the world
- Phinda Adventures include Zulu village tours, Maputaland beach adventures, night turtle drives (seasonal), scuba safaris, an ocean safari, and black rhino tracking on foot
- Specialist Safaris – birding, photographic, rhino capture and research, tracking, walking, family and private safaris
At the heart of &Beyond Phinda Forest lodge lies a sparkling rim-flow swimming pool, as well as expansive decks in a spacious seating area, which look out onto panoramic views of an open meadow where animals frequently graze.
Daytime meals on the open air dining deck bring about their own distractions, as monkeys frolic in the branches and an ever-changing assortment of wildlife grazes on the open plain in the distance.
In the evenings, when warm firelight welcomes you to the traditional African boma, wide-eyed bush babies watch inquisitively from the dense foliage above as you in indulge in a mouth-watering, lantern-lit feast beneath a canvas of stars.
Adventures at &Beyond Phinda Forest Lodge include twice-daily game drives, bush walks and seasonal river cruises. A host of additional activities can be enjoyed too. These include cultural excursions, scuba safaris and specialist safaris such as birding, photographic, tracking, family and luxury walking safaris.