The spirit of &Beyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge
Experience the freedom and exhilaration of the Okavango Delta at &Beyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge, with its unique rooftop hideouts in each of nine private African safari suites.
Overlooking a seasonal lagoon, the earthy glamour of this striking lodge provides the perfect counterpoint to the natural bounty of this game-rich landscape. A strong but playful recycled theme provides unusual accents at every turn.
Explore the intricate watery canals, replenished by cyclical rainfalls, by mokoro or traverse the golden grasslands in search of the Big Five by vehicle, retreating to the contemporary comfort of your suite by night.
After a successful Botswana safari, cuddle up in the large outdoor cane lounger and watch the sun go down over the Delta.
Why We Love it
- Game drives, bush walks, scenic helicopter flights and horseback safaris allow you to explore this beautiful area from different perspectives.
- Exceptional wildlife, including elephant, large buffalo herds, tsessebe, hippo, lion, leopard, African wild dog and roan antelope
- Remarkable bird-watching with 450 bird species, including Pel’s Fishing Owl. Vast number of migrant birds in summer.
- Wonderful setting for health and relaxation >Seasonal water-based experiences include motorized boat, mokoro and fishing excursions
- Perfect for an end to a safari, nature lovers, birders, return travellers, couples, families, anyone looking for a change of pace.
An intimate refuge, &Beyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge is designed with privacy in mind. Sprawled along the banks of a cyclical lagoon and guarded by a resident family of hippo after the rainy season, the lodge flawlessly combines the best of this unique Botswana safari destination.
Innovative design details featuring the artful recycling of everyday objects have been used throughout and all timber work is rough-hewn and chunky. The overall atmosphere is one of earthy glamour. Botswana basketware appears throughout the lodge and playful accents celebrate Delta icons.
The multi-layered guest areas boast dramatic decks with panoramic views of the surrounding wilderness, yet remain discretely within the tree line. These spaces are designed to make the experience more intimate, with inviting plump sofas ideal for total relaxation. Indulge in a playful moment or two on a big tractor tyre swing in the shade of the trees or gaze out over the lagoon from the quiet comfort of the massive couches in the inviting sitting area.
An interactive kitchen completes the whole experience, while a well-stocked Safari Shop showcases chic outdoor gear, African art and jewellery.