For the pork belly
3kg Pork Belly
2 tins Apricot Jam
1 cup Soy Sauce
1 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 cup Water
- Place the pork belly in a deep roasting dish, and cover with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 2.5 hours.
- To make the apricot glaze, take the liquid the pork belly was cooked in, and thicken with maizena.
For the parsnip puree
1 punnet Parsnips
- Chop the parsnips, and place in a large pot with the milk.
- On a low heat, let the parsnips cook in the milk for about 1 hour. They should be very very soft.
- Strain the milk.
- Place the parsnips and the butter into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt
For the Cashew Nuts
2 cups Cashews
- Toast the cashews in the oven for about 10 minutes
- Roughly chop and season with salt
2 tins Peaches
2 punnets Parsnips – halved and blanched
1kg Baby Onion – halved, blanched and roasted