Your journey at a glance
Embark on a privately guided, 6-day small group set-departure journey that aims to offer insight into the marine conservation and community development activities, which underpin the Ocean Without Borders initiative, and help to leave our world a better place than we found it.
Perfect for families with older children, and those who are looking to travel with purpose, this set-departure offers a fantastic opportunity for growth and learning, in an exciting and stimulating environment, with moments of fun and relaxation thrown in between. The exposure to authentic and exclusive community and conservation experiences is a rich and giving experience.
Delve into the fascinating area of marine conservation, and gain first-hand knowledge of significant ocean environment issues. Put on your suntan lotion, don your sunglasses and hat, and get hands-on as you invaluably contribute to leaving our oceans a better place. This week-long impactful small group journey to &Beyond Vamizi Island, offers insight into the unique importance of the reef systems surrounding the island, and the key challenges that we face in protecting them.
What we love about this journey:
- Exclusive set departure dates: 14 – 19 March 2019 or 9 – 14 October 2019
- Small group of just 6 guests, which means plenty of flexibility and exclusivity
- Guests will stay in one of the beautiful &Beyond Vamizi villas
- Guided throughout by Oceans Without Borders’ Operations Manager – Dr Tessa Hempson
- Access to renowned conservationists and specialists
- Unparalleled and exclusive marine experience at &Beyond Vamizi Island
- Experience incredible opportunities to get involved with conservation activities, learn what it takes to be a qualified &Beyond dive instructor or a marine biologist, and spend time in the local community
- For experienced divers – enjoy a dive on Neptune’s Arm and visit the protected grey reef shark breeding sight.
- Take a day trip to private Rongui Island
- Arrive early or stay on to complete your Open Water or Advanced Diving qualification
- Enjoy the pristine beaches and a host of activities on &Beyond Vamizi Island such as kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, snorkelling, and exploring the island while travelling with purpose
- All proceeds raised from this journey go towards Oceans Without Borders
- All rates include a donation of USD 1 500 to Oceans Without Borders