Matobo Hills, a UNESCO World Heritage Site is situated only 45kms from Bulawayo. The granite domes and castle kopjes of the Matobo Hills echo the essence of tranquillity and the majesty of untamed Africa, where mammal and bird species are prolific.
Included here are the highest concentrations of Leopard and Black Eagle in the world, as well as a healthy population of the endangered Black and White Rhino.
Some of the most breathtaking granite scenery in the world is found in the Matobo Hills. It is here that the hopes, trials and tribulations of the San Bushmen are recorded in the ancient rock art.
- A world of knobbly granite domes and outcrops
- Known for its resident white and black rhino
- It has one of Africa’s highest concentrations of leopard
- A utopia for bird watchers
- This is one of the few places where you the rare black eagle breeds
- The home of the rock art galleries, where some of the finest of southern African san paintings are found
Min 14°C/58°F Max 38°C/86°F
Min 5°C/41°F Max 20°C/68°F
- Best time to travelYear round
- Traveling with ChildrenChildren over the age of 12 welcome
- WildlifeExperience the highest concentrations in the world of leopard and raptors such as the beautiful Black Eagle.
- LanguagesThe official language of Zimbabwe is English. Other languages spoken include Ndebele and Shona.
- Flying to Matobo HillsAs you will be travelling in vehicles and aircraft with limited space, luggage is required to be packed in a soft bag weighing a maximum of 20kg (44 lbs) which includes hand luggage. No hard suitcases are allowed and oversized bags may not be carried on your lap. An additional seat can be booked for extra luggage, subject to availability.
- CurrencyUS Dollars and South African Rands are accepted however, notes dated before 2003 are no longer accepted.
This ultimate African safari, in the adventure holiday destination of Zimbabwe, will take you to Lake Kariba, the Bumi Hills and Victoria Falls.
Explore the best of Zimbabwe on this luxury African safari, enjoy game drives, sunset cruises and exclusive tours from Bulawayo to Victoria Falls.
Camp Amalinda is set amongst the spectacular Matobo Hills within the wildlife-rich Matobo National Park.
A World Heritage Site, Victoria Falls is one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles and the stuff of legends, romance and myth.
The elephant stronghold of Hwange National Park is a game-rich area that was once the royal hunting grounds of the Ndebele warrior
Matusadona National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, where scenic landscapes range from flat plains to rugged mountains.
Covering an area of 5 000 square kilometres, the man-made Lake Kariba is a veritable inland sea located on the mighty Zambezi River.
Ready to start planning your adventure?