Zambia is the birthplace of the walking safari with largely untouched national parks, and spectacular views of Victoria Falls.
- Banks and foreign exchange bureaus are available at all international airports and main towns.
- Most hotels and lodges accept Visa and MasterCard.
- General banking hours in main towns are: Monday – Friday 08h30 – 15h30
Zambia is an extremely safe destination to travel in.
Please be sure to bring sufficient memory cards and batteries as these are not readily available in Southern Africa. Please be sensitive when photographing people, it is courteous to ask permission before snapping away.
Passport & Visa Requirements
- Please consult with your travel agent on the the neccessary documentation required to visit Zambia.
- Passports are required by all foreign visitors and must be valid for 6 months after the intended length of stay.
- Please ensure that you have at least 2 consecutive blank visa pages (not endorsement pages) in your passport. Our recommendation is 3 or even 4 blank pages if you are travelling through more than one country. If there are insufficient pages entry could be denied.
- It is imperative to check your visa requirements with the relevant embassies / consulates as it may vary according to your nationality.
- Where visas can be obtained at port of entry, these are payable in US dollars cash in most destinations; we recommend small dominations as officials are not in the position to give change.
- Visa payments at Livingstone, Lusaka and Ndola Airports’ can be made via VISA, MasterCard, Maestro and American Express. Should there be any network issues that affect the systems, guests will be asked to draw the cash at the nearest ATM.
- It is recommended to obtain visas prior to arrival as there is a likelihood of long queues at all airports.
What the Experts Say
- Thrilling whitewater rafting on the Zambezi River
- Elephant-back safaris near the Victoria Falls
- See three of Africa’s big lakes - Tanganyika, Kariba and Bangweulu
- Abseiling and bungee jumping at Victoria Falls