Zambia Walking Safari
Enjoy the solitude and tranquil wilderness of Zambia, from spectacular sunsets over the Luangwa River to the excitement of tracking the Big Five in one of the greatest wildlife sanctuaries in the world.
Experience South Luangwa National Park on a safari not to be missed. Enjoy an abundance of wildlife as they meander by along rivers and waterholes within the pristine wilderness that surrounds you.
Embark on exhilarating game drives, with night drives revealing the nocturnal life of predators, while walking safaris through the park's dramatic landscapes give an up-close-and-personal glimpse of the African bush. This is a Zambian adventure not to be missed!
What To Expect
8 Days / 7 Nights
This itinerary is a wildlife enthusiast's dream. It is perfect for new and repeat travellers to Africa, honeymooners and birdwatchers. Feel like an explorer – discover the South Luangwa National Park on a walking safari and experience some of Africa’s best leopard viewing
DAY 1-2: South Luangwa National Park
Today you will be flown from Lusaka to Mfuwe Airstrip where you will be met by a representative from Luwi for your game drive transfer into camp. Spend 2 nights at Luwi, a seasonal camp nestled under huge mahogany trees on the banks of a permanent lagoon. Accommodation is in four grass and thatched huts with polished mud floors. All meals are served in the shade of the trees, with a view of the grassy plain which attracts a variety of wildlife. Luwi is one of the camps situated deep in the Luangwa wilderness, lending the camp a rustic appeal and providing a truly African bush experience. Adventures include morning and evening game drives in open 4×4 safari vehicles, along with guided safari walks through the wildlife-rich South Luangwa National Park.
DAY 3-4: Luangwa
After a delicious breakfast you can choose to do a game drive or walk to Mchenja Camp. Spend two nights at Mchenja, a seasonal camp set on the banks of the Luangwa River. The Camp’s five wooden chalets feature en suite open-air facilities. Each chalet has been built on a raised platform under thatch and nestles under a grove of ancient ebony trees. The main chitenje is under thatch, and houses the bar and lounge area, although most meals are enjoyed under the canopy of the magnificent trees. Whilst staying at Mchenja you can decide whether they would like to view the wildlife on foot or from an open game viewing vehicle.
DAY 5-7: Chinzombo
After a delicious breakfast you will be taken on a game drive transfer to Chinzombo. Spend 3 nights at Chinzombo The 6 ‘villas’ one of which is a suite with extra space for families and small groups is equipped to the very highest standards, with each villa having its own private plunge pools, cooled sleeping areas, massive bathrooms with luxurious spa amenities, one of the best guiding teams in Africa, set within 60 acres of private prime Luangwa frontage, private access into the Park. While at Chinzombo you can set your own safari routine at your own pace.
DAY 8: Lusaka
After a wholesome breakfast, you will be driven to Mfuwe for your light aircraft transfer back to Lusaka.
Rates & Terms
1 July - 31 October 2014 7 813 USD per person sharing
20 May - 31 May 2015 6 715 USD per person sharing
1 June - 31 October 2015 8 332 USD per person sharing
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary above * Local branded drinks
- Internal flights: Lusaka/Mfuwe/Lusaka
- All scheduled transfers: Mfuwe Airport/Luwi or Mchenja/Mfuwe Airport
- National park fees
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
2014 RATE CONDITIONS
- Rates are subject to a minimum of two (2) guests travelling
- Closure dates
- Luwi Bush Camp – from 1 Jan to 19 May 14
- Mchenja Bush Camp - from 1 Jan to 19 May 14 and 7 Nov – 31 Dec 2014
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Additional suggested activities not included in the rate
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales and airport tax or VAT, third-party services, currency fluctuations or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
- WildlifeLeopard, Lion, Thornicrofts Giraffe, Cooksons Wildebeest, Elephant
- Travelling with ChildrenNot suitable for children under the age of 16
- &Beyonds TreatNot Applicable
- Don't Leave withoutZambian dust on your walking shoes!
Where to Stay
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- White Water Rafting
- Half Day Upper Zambezi Canoeing
- Elephant Back Safari
- Bungee Jumping
- Scenic Flight Over The Falls - Helicopter
- Livingstone Island Experience
- Sundowner Cruise – African Queen
- Tour of Falls
Ready to start planning your adventure?
Experience the history and scenic wonders of Lvingstone and Victoria Falls before following the mighty Zambezi River.