Botswana Explorer Expedition
Enjoy the ultimate in comfort on a mobile safari that travels through Botswana's most scenic wildlife areas.
Indulge in the adventure of a lifetime as you discover the most remote and untouched corners of Botswana’s iconic wilderness destinations. The mobile camping portion of the Expedition spends eight nights in comfortable domed tents with private bathrooms, each featuring an en suite flush w.c. and al fresco bucket shower. The remaining night of this adventure is spent at The Elephant Camp, within sight of the breathtaking Victoria Falls, one of the natural wonders of the world.
While the landscape changes from destination to destination, the warm African welcome at each private campsite remains the same. A dedicated professional guide accompanies you on each stage of this unforgettable wilderness expedition, unravelling the secrets of the bush. A maximum of six guests on each mobile safari ensures that everyone is guaranteed a window seat.
What to Expect
10 days / 9 nights
This is the quintessential safari, wildlife and adventure enthusiast’s dream itinerary. It is also perfect for groups.
DAY 01 & 02: Okavango Delta
Upon arrival at Maun International Airport your dedicated guide for this adventure will be waiting to warmly welcome you and discuss your interests and expectations for your safari. Once you have become acquainted with your guide, a light aircraft flight will take the entire group to Nxabega Airstrip, where a safari vehicle will be waiting to drive you to a campsite in the Okavango Delta.
A maze of sparkling lagoons, meandering channels and overgrown islands, the Okavango Delta is the world’s only inland delta. Crystal clear channels spread over the Kalahari Desert with their papyrus-fringed banks and fertile floating islands. Elegant red lechwe and shy sitatunga are found in this watery wilderness, while lion and leopard share the floodplains with giraffe and elephant. Hippo inhabit the deeper channels and lagoons, where iridescent dragonflies, frogs of every colour and jewel-like kingfishers live in the lush banks.
Spend two nights at the &Beyond campsite in a private concession area bordering the Moremi Wildlife Reserve, with a complement of camp staff to cater for your needs. Explore the crystal-clear channels, islands and waterways by mokoro (dug-out canoe) and enjoy game-viewing walks on the islands.
DAY 03 & 04: Khwai Concession - Moremi Wildlife Reserve.
A short flight in a light aircraft will take you to Khwai in the North Gate region of Moremi Wildlife Reserve.
Adjacent to the Moremi Wildlife Reserve, the only proclaimed wildlife area in the Okavango Delta, the Khwai concession delights with its diverse beauty, comprising a stunning landscape of forests, lagoons, floodplains and islands, with rich wildlife. Game viewing is excellent year-round and resident species include lion, cheetah, leopard, elephant, wild dog, zebra, red lechwe and many more.
Spend two nights camping on the concession, with extensive game drives taking up your days.
DAY 05 & 06: Chobe National Park - Savute
A long game drive (5 – 6 hours) takes you to the Savute region of Chobe National Park, where you will spend two nights camping in this haunting and magnificent landscape.
Renowned for lion and other predator viewing, the landscape around Savute is starkly beautiful. Mopane forest gives way to acacia savanna with rocky outcrops. The mysterious Savute Channel, which dries up periodically, has recently begun to flow for the first time in more than two decades and has proved an irresistible attraction for a high concentration of wildlife.
DAY 07 & 08: Chobe National Park
From Savute, move up to northern Chobe (4 – 5 hours overland game drive), where you will camp for two nights.
This is the heart of elephant country and you may spend many hours watching the huge herds in and around the Chobe River on game drives or private boat cruises. Northern Chobe is renowned for its large variety of bird and animal life, beautiful scenery and magnificent sunsets.
DAY 09: Victoria Falls
You will be driven from Chobe National Park to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, where you will meet your &Beyond representative for the last few days of your adventure, who will escort you to The Elephant Camp and on your Victoria Falls activities.
One of the world’s greatest natural spectacles, Victoria Falls is the stuff of legends, romance and myth. Long before the Scottish missionary and explorer, Dr David Livingstone ‘discovered’ the Falls in 1855, the local Batonga people had named them Mosi-oa-Tunya, ‘the smoke that thunders’. Livingstone named them for his queen. Today, the village rightly claims the title of Adrenaline Capital of Africa, home to a seemingly endless variety of adventure sports from bungee jumping to canoeing and white water rafting.
Your &Beyond representative will accompany you on a breathtaking tour of the Falls (entrance fee to the Falls is included in the safari fare). At The Elephant Camp, their dedicated team will take over from your guide and will enthral you with up-close and personal interactions with wildlife – in particular, the elephants at the Wild Horizons Wildlife Sanctuary.
Insiders Tips - The Elephant Camp
- Indulge in a relaxing spa treatment on the viewing deck of your suite, followed by a daring outdoor shower while taking in the distant views.
- Ask your hosts to arrange sundowner drinks (with their famous gin and tonic, of course) at the head of the gorge, whilst listening to the rushing waters of the Zambezi River far below.
DAY 10: Departure
After a scrumptious breakfast at The Elephant Camp, you will be taken to Victoria Falls International Airport by road, where your adventure with us will end.
Rates & Terms
1 June - 31 October 2014 6120 USD per person sharing
1 November - 31 December 2014 5385 USD per person sharing
1 January - 31 March 2015 5215 USD per person sharing
1 April - 31 May 2015 5915 USD per person sharing
1 June - 31 October 2015 6715 USD per person sharing
1 November - 31 December 2015 5915 USD per person sharing
- Double / twin / single accommodation
- Meet and Greet at Maun Airport
- All meals – from dinner on day one to breakfast on day ten
- A reasonable amount of bottled water, local wine, beer and soft drinks are included
- Road transfers during your safari ending at Victoria Falls Airport on day 10
- Seat on charter as specified: Maun / Nxabega / Khwai
- Waterborne/game viewing activities while on safari
- Elephant interaction during your stay at The Elephant Camp
- Tour of Victoria Falls – including entrance fee
- National Parks entrance fees while on safari
- Soft drinks, house wine, local beer, teas and coffees at The Elephant Camp
- Domestic airport tax within Botswana
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Personal Travel Journal filled with the highlights of your itinerary
- Services of an &Beyond guide throughout your adventure in Botswana
2014 RATE CONDITIONS
- WildlifeAntelope, elephants, buffaloes, lion, cheetah, leopard, wild dog, brown and spotted hyena and over 1075 species of birds.
- Travelling with ChildrenMinimum age limit is 12 years
- &Beyonds TreatNot Applicable
- Don't Leave withoutGlide in a mokoro in the world's only inland delta, the breathtaking Okavango Delta. Such abundant water in the desert is a never to be forgotten sight.
Where to Stay
Learn more about the luxurious &Beyond properties available for your trip.
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Game Drives
- Sunset boat cruise
- Bungee jumping at Victoria Falls
- Scenic flight over the Okavango Delta or Victoria Falls
Ready to start planning your adventure?
A luxury safari itinerary for adventure and wildlife enthusiasts, honeymooners, and those who love to gaze at the stars!
Discover the pristine Savute Channel while experiencing the awe-inspiring diversity of flora and fauna in the renowned Chobe National Park.
Spoil yourself with an unforgettable Botswana wildlife experience and enjoy complimentary flights between the camps.