Kenya Horseback Safari & Mara’s Big Five
Visit the Nairobi National Park, nestled beside the bustling hub of East Africa. Ride the wild expanses of the Chyulu Hills and marvel at the abundant game of the Masai Mara.
Take in Nairobi before flying out to the striking landscapes of the Chyulu Hills. Explore their unique habitats on horseback, on foot or by vehicle and perhaps spend a night sleeping under the stars.
Roam the unforgettable Masai Mara in custom-designed game drive vehicles and dine under the African night sky in a private conservancy.
What To Expect
9 days / 8 nights
The unique appeal of staying in a national park right beside the busiest city in East Africa, in combination with scenic Chyulu and the excellent Mara, offer guests a fresh look at an established destination. The options of guided walking and horseback safaris, combined with the freedom to night drive and dine outdoors in the Mara, create a heady mix of experiences for first timers and veteran safari goers alike.
Day 1: The Emakoko
Upon your arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport you will be met by a member of the &Beyond team and you will be assisted to your transfer to The Emakoko. Spend one night at The Emakoko in a cottage with ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes accommodation, dinner and breakfast, all airstrip transfers, game drives, soft drinks, beer, non-premium wine, non-premium spirits and internet access.
Day 2-5: Ol Donyo Lodge
Tuck into a mouth-watering breakfast, before being driven to Wilson Airport for your scheduled SafariLink flight to Chyulu Airstrip. On arrival, you will be met by a representative from ol Donyo Lodge and transferred to the lodge. Enjoy three nights at ol Donyo Lodge in a suite with ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, local brand beer and house wine, laundry and scheduled activities.
Day 5-8: Mara Plains
After breakfast, you will be driven back to the airstrip in time for your scheduled SafariLink flight to the Masai Mara (via Wilson Airport). On arrival, you will be met by a representative from Mara Plains and transferred to the lodge. Indulge in three nights at Mara Plains in a tent with ensuite bathroom with shower only. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, beer, house wine, laundry, shared scheduled activities including night drives and Ol Kiombo airstrip transfers.
Day 9: Departure
Depart to the airstrip for your scheduled SafariLink flight to Wilson Airport. On arrival, you will be met by a representative of the &Beyond team and transferred by road to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Rates & Terms
1 July - 31 October 2014 9 591 USD per person sharing
1 November - 30 November 2014 7 185 USD per person sharing
1 December - 15 December 2014 8 053 USD per person sharing
3 January - 28 February 2015 9 427 USD per person sharing
1 March - 31 May 2015 6 670 USD per person sharing
1 June - 30 June 2015 9 427 USD per person sharing
1 July - 31 October 2015 9 792 USD per person sharing
1 November - 30 November 2015 6 670 USD per person sharing
1 December - 15 December 2015 9 427 USD per person sharing
- Meet and Greet service at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary above
- All scheduled inter-lodge flights:
- Wilson Airport/Tsavo West/Masai Mara/Wilson Airport
- All scheduled road transfers:
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport/The Emakoko/Wilson Airport
- Wilson Airport/Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Kenya National park fees
- Domestic departure tax
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
2014 RATE CONDITIONS
- Rates subject to a minimum of 2 guests travelling
- Single supplement only refers to the single room supplement. Single traveller supplement will be quoted on request
- Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- andBeyond Trading Terms apply
- PPS* = Per person sharing
- WildlifeLions, leopards, cheetahs, black rhino
- Travelling with ChildrenCheck with your travel agent
- Don't Leave withoutTraditional African artefacts; Maasai beadwork; Tusker Lager; Dormans coffee; Maasai shukkas; plain white kikois; vegetable ivory salad servers; Kisi stone bowls; old East Africa stamps from Biashara Street in Nairobi
Where to Stay
Learn more about the luxurious &Beyond properties available for your trip.
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Karen Blixen/Giraffe Centre/Daphne Sheldrick Tour
- Night Game Drives
- Bush Dinner
- Bush Breakfast
Ready to start planning your adventure?
This adventure holiday will take you to the best of Kenya. Spend time in Nairobi, and view Meru, Laikipia and the Masai Mara on this African safari.