With Table Mountain – one of the most spiritual places on earth – at its heart and two oceans at its feet, the city of Cape Town, strategically situated at the south-western tip of Africa, has been famed for centuries as the Tavern of the Seas.
Vibrant, cosmopolitan and an eclectic mix of old and new, this laid-back city is as much at home with its 17th century castle – whose cannons have never been fired in anger – as it is with its sleek skyscrapers and trendy malls. Home to South Africa’s first mosque, oldest wine farm, a 350-year-old garden and timelessly beautiful beaches, it’s no surprise the legendary Flying Dutchman and his spectral ship have spent eternity sailing the city’s shores.
Hailed as one of the most spiritual places on the African continent, the unforgettable flat-top of iconic Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa, towers over a city that is vibrant both in its attractions and the people that inhabit it. To access Table Mountain, visitors can enjoy a scenic ride up its revolving cableway or, for the more adventurous, enjoy a nature hike on one of the many trails that wind their way across its beautiful landscape.
From the flat table top you will have glorious views of sprawling Cape Town below, nearby Signal Hill, Lion’s Head and the sparkling coastline. The Table Mountain National Park is a must-see too and covers a region that spans across Signal Hill, Lion’s Head, Table Mountain itself, Devil’s Peak, the Twelve Apostles and Orange Kloof. Here, you will find a flora-rich habitat that his home to rare and endemic vegetation including the stunning king protea and various forms of fynbos.
As a coastal destination, Cape Town experiences unpredictable weather so be sure to take advantage of your clear, calm days in the city.
We have a wonderful assortment of Table Mountain and Cape Town tours for you to choose from which can be included as an add-on to an African safari or as a standalone adventure.
- Engage with the friendly, diverse people of South Africa — fondly known as the Rainbow Nation!
- Famous landmarks - Table Mountain, Robben Island, Cape Point.
- Explore the flora and fauna of Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens
- Shop at the world renowned V&A Waterfront.
- Climb the challenging slopes of Table Mountain.
- Relax on the glorious beaches along Cape Town's coastline
Min 24°C/75°F Max 32°C/90°F
8°C/46°F Max 23°C/73°F
- Best time to travelYear round. Long summer days are perfect for the beach. Autumn sees bright leaves in the vineyards and winter makes indoors cosy before the spring.
- Traveling with ChildrenCape Town is a family-friendly destination with a wide variety of activities and facilities suitable for children.
- WildlifePenguins! 3,000 African penguins, also a great destination for viewing marine life, particularly dolphins and whales
- LanguagesEnglish is widely spoken throughout the country even though South Africa has eleven official languages - Afrikaans, English, Zulu, Xhosa, Swati, Sotho, Tsonga, Tswana, Venda, Northern Sotho and Southern Ndebele.
- Flying to Cape TownA sophisticated network of domestic and regional flights links the main tourist destinations and Cape Town International Airport.
- CurrencySouth African Rand. Credit cards are also widely accepted.
Best Time to Explore Cape Town
As a coastal city, beautiful Cape Town often is renowned for experiencing four seasons in one day. Ultimately, Cape Town is a year-round destination depending on your particular interests. However, to fine tune your departure dates, we have pinpointed the best time to explore Cape Town.
The ideal time to visit Cape Town is from October to end April as temperatures are warm and dry during the summer months. Peak season for locals and international travellers alike are from December to February so we recommend visiting in late January to end April for the best time to enjoy a Cape Town beach holiday.
For the more actively inclined the area is a mecca for hiking enthusiasts and end April to early June offer the best times for exploring Cape Town’s renowned trails. The temperatures are moderate and mornings are usually crisp and clear.
Autumn and winter offer the perfect opportunities to indulge. Cape Town is an epicurean’s delight. Many indoor markets are setup during these months and provide world-class fare and produce. Be sure to head to the vineyards as this is the best time to spoil yourself to an incredible wine tasting experience.
Explore the marine wonders and glorious landscapes of the Garden Route and travel to the picturesque Cape Winelands.
This 11-day Africa safari and coastal exploration offers the unforgettable opportunity to witness the Safari Big 5 and Marine Big 5.
Experience some of the very best destinations of Southern Africa on this unbeatable offer.
A self-drive adventure exploring South Africa's beautiful Cape Town, Cape Whale Coast, and the Garden Route, ending with a luxury African Safari.
Indulge in the ultimate African safari and adventure holiday as you tour the highlights of Southern Africa in luxury - perfect for honeymoons.
This African safari combines a trip to one of South Africa’s best known Big Five game reserves with a beach holiday in scenic, laid-back Cape Town.
Enhance Your Experience With
- West coast rooibos, rock art & fynbos experience
- Cape Town’s Robben Island helicopter experience
- Klein Karoo full day excursion
- Cape sidecar adventure – full day chauffeured Cape sidecar tour
The world-famous Kruger National Park is South Africa’s largest game reserve and one of the finest wildlife sanctuaries on the planet.
&Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve is situated in subtropical northern KwaZulu-Natal, with close proximity to the warm Indian Ocean.
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is situated in the southwestern corner of the world-famous Kruger National Park and is world renowned.
Ready to start planning your adventure?