With Table Mountain – one of the most spiritual places on earth – at its heart and two oceans at its feet, the city of Cape Town, strategically situated at the south-western tip of Africa, has been famed for centuries as the Tavern of the Seas.
Vibrant, cosmopolitan and an eclectic mix of old and new, this laid-back city is as much at home with its 17th century castle – whose cannons have never been fired in anger – as it is with its sleek skyscrapers and trendy malls.
Home to South Africa’s first mosque, oldest wine farm, a 350-year-old garden and timelessly beautiful beaches, it’s no surprise the legendary Flying Dutchman and his spectral ship have spent eternity sailing the city’s shores.
- Engage with the friendly, diverse people of South Africa — fondly known as the Rainbow Nation!
- Famous landmarks - Table Mountain, Robben Island, Cape Point
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens . V&A Waterfront.
- Climb the challenging slopes of Table Mountain.
- Glorious beaches and blue ocean.
- Cape Peninsula/Cape of Good Hope.
Min 24°C/75°F Max 32°C/90°F
8°C/46°F Max 23°C/73°F
- Best time to travelYear round. Long summer days are perfect for the beach. Autumn sees bright leaves in the vineyards and winter makes indoors cosy before the spring.
- Traveling with ChildrenCape Town is a family-friendly destination with a wide variety of activities and facilities suitable for children.
- WildlifePenguins! 3,000 African penguins, also a great destination for viewing marine life, particularly dolphins and whales
- LanguagesEnglish is widely spoken throughout the country even though South Africa has eleven official languages - Afrikaans, English, Zulu, Xhosa, Swati, Sotho, Tsonga, Tswana, Venda, Northern Sotho and Southern Ndebele.
- Flying to Cape TownA sophisticated network of domestic and regional flights links the main tourist destinations and Cape Town International Airport.
- CurrencySouth African Rand. Credit cards are also widely accepted.
Experience the hustle and bustle of Jo’Burg, endless beaches in Cape Town, and exhilarating safaris at Sabi Sands and Phinda Private Game Reserve.
Enhance Your Experience With
- West coast rooibos, rock art & fynbos experience
- Cape Town’s Robben Island helicopter experience
- Klein Karoo full day excursion
- Cape sidecar adventure – full day chauffeured Cape sidecar tour
Ready to start planning your adventure?
The world-famous Kruger National Park is South Africa’s largest game reserve and one of the finest wildlife sanctuaries on the planet.
&Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve is situated in subtropical northern KwaZulu-Natal, with close proximity to the warm Indian Ocean.
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is situated in the southwestern corner of the world-famous Kruger National Park and is world renowned.