With Table Mountain – one of the most spiritual places on earth – at its heart and two oceans at its feet, the city of Cape Town, strategically situated at the south-western tip of Africa, has been famed for centuries as the Tavern of the Seas.
Vibrant, cosmopolitan and an eclectic mix of old and new, this laid-back city is as much at home with its 17th century castle – whose cannons have never been fired in anger – as it is with its sleek skyscrapers and trendy malls.
Home to South Africa’s first mosque, oldest wine farm, a 350-year-old garden and timelessly beautiful beaches, it’s no surprise the legendary Flying Dutchman and his spectral ship have spent eternity sailing the city’s shores.
- Engage with the friendly, diverse people of South Africa — fondly known as the Rainbow Nation!
- Famous landmarks - Table Mountain, Robben Island, Cape Point
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens . V&A Waterfront.
- Climb the challenging slopes of Table Mountain.
- Glorious beaches and blue ocean.
- Cape Peninsula/Cape of Good Hope.
Min 24°C/75°F Max 32°C/90°F
8°C/46°F Max 23°C/73°F
- Best time to travelYear round. Long summer days are perfect for the beach. Autumn sees bright leaves in the vineyards and winter makes indoors cosy before the spring.
- Traveling with ChildrenCape Town is a family-friendly destination with a wide variety of activities and facilities suitable for children.
- WildlifePenguins! 3,000 African penguins, also a great destination for viewing marine life, particularly dolphins and whales
- LanguagesEnglish is widely spoken throughout the country even though South Africa has eleven official languages - Afrikaans, English, Zulu, Xhosa, Swati, Sotho, Tsonga, Tswana, Venda, Northern Sotho and Southern Ndebele.
- Flying to Cape TownA sophisticated network of domestic and regional flights links the main tourist destinations and Cape Town International Airport.
- CurrencySouth African Rand. Credit cards are also widely accepted.
Combine a beach holiday with a luxury African safari to two Big Five game reserves before ending in vibrant Cape Town - perfect as a family holiday.
Enhance Your Experience With
- West coast rooibos, rock art & fynbos experience
- Cape Town’s Robben Island helicopter experience
- Klein Karoo full day excursion
- Cape sidecar adventure – full day chauffeured Cape sidecar tour
Ready to start planning your adventure?
The world-famous Kruger National Park is South Africa’s largest game reserve and one of the finest wildlife sanctuaries on the planet.
&Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve is situated in subtropical northern KwaZulu-Natal, with close proximity to the warm Indian Ocean.
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is situated in the southwestern corner of the world-famous Kruger National Park and is world renowned.