Amended Cancellation Policy - Ebola
While geographically very far removed from our lodge operations in East and Southern Africa, the Ebola epidemic in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia has meant that a number of our guests have been reluctant to book travel without the guarantee of some form of protection or booking refund in the unlikely event of an Ebola outbreak in areas where we operate.
In response to these requests and in order to reassure our guests, andBeyond is offering our guests a revised cancellation policy for travel with andBeyond to any of the camps and lodges in our African portfolio. This policy will apply to both new and existing bookings and guarantees that all cancellation penalties relating to andBeyond camps, lodges and services will be waived up to the day prior to arrival. In the unlikely event of a claim in terms of this policy, the process will be as follows:
- Guests who have secured Comprehensive Travel Insurance are required to first claim from their Insurer. Once they have obtained the appropriate documentation and proof from the Insurer about the outcome of the claim, &Beyond will pay the difference between what the travel insurance company has paid to you and the price paid to &Beyond. This refund, less a 3% service fee, will be paid via EFT to you. Should you so choose andBeyond will hold this amount for a future trip. If this option is selected, the 3% service fee will not apply and you can choose to take this trip at any point in the future; or
- Guests who have not secured Comprehensive Travel Insurance will receive a credit to the value they have paid for the &Beyond accommodation services and will be able to use this credit for future travel, which would need to be concluded within a year of the postponed trip.
Important Points to Note:
- Should the itinerary include any third party services (accommodation, transport, tours, etc.), the cost of these would be deducted from the credit or refund, unless the third parties have agreed to similar terms as those offered by &Beyond.
- The following conditions would need to be met in order for these revised Cancellation Terms and Conditions to supersede andBeyond’s current Terms and Conditions:
a. There should be a confirmed outbreak of Ebola, as defined by the World Health Organisation (WHO), in the country to which the guest is travelling and in which &Beyond’s camps and lodges are situated; and
b. The WHO and at least one of the G5 countries (France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States of America) must issue a Level 3 Travel Advisory (advising against all but essential travel) for travel to the country, on grounds of Ebola, relevant to the guest’s itinerary (Tanzania, Kenya, Botswana, Namibia, Mozambique or South Africa).
- Guests electing to not travel without the above conditions being met should ensure that the appropriate Insurance Cover is in place which includes the optional upgrade, allowing the cancelation of travel for any reason.
For any enquiries please contact your preferred African Travel Specialist or andBeyond on email@example.com