This charming little seaside town on Namibia’s western coast retains a strong German flavour – from the cobbled streets and picturesque buildings down to the typical German restaurants and pubs.
This town is traditionally a holiday spot for locals and foreigners alike, with many opportunities for adventure sports and some good old-fashioned fun. Swakopmund is an ideal place to relax after a few days in the desert; wash off the sand and sample some of the finely-brewed local beer and renowned Swakopmund fare such as fish, lobster and the utterly delicious Swakopmund oysters.
- Namibia's second largest town and traditional summer capital
- Cool temperate climate year round serves as a great escape from the summer temperatures.
Namibia's premier holiday
- Cape Cross Tour -A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
- Quad Biking -2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary
- Swakopmund & Walvis Bay Sightseeing
- A half day your of these two coastal towns includes visits to historical buildings & monuments as well as the teeming birdlife of the Walvis Bay Lagoon
- The town with the strongest German influence
- Fishing-Everything from sharks to pilchards
Min 20°C/68°F Max 40°C/104°F
Min 0°C/32°F Max 23°C/73°F
- Best time to travelYear Round
- Traveling with ChildrenChildren over the age of 12 welcome
- LanguagesEnglish is widely spoken in Namibia
- CurrencyThe currency is Namibian Dollar (NAD); South African Rand (ZAR) cash is accepted
- Flying to NamibiaThere are frequent flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town to Windhoek or Walvis Bay. Scheduled flights from Maun and Victoria Falls to Windhoek are also available.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Marine Desert Adventure - Walvis Bay
- Living Desert Adventure - Swakopmund
- Catamaran Cruise - Seal and Dolphins, Walvis Bay
- Swakopmund Township Experience
- Sandwich Bay Desert and Wetland Tour
- Quad Biking
- Swakopmund town tour with crayfish lunch
- Scenic Flights
- Boat Cruises
Ready to start planning your adventure?
The superb Swakopmund Guesthouse is situated in the charming little seaside town of Swakopmund on Namibia’s western coast
The Namib Desert is a world of vast spaces, endless horizons, dramatic desertscapes and jagged mountain heights.
The cleanest capital in Africa, Windhoek boasts a seamless blend of African and European culture, friendly people and a fascinating history.