Protected by an offshore barrier coral reef, Kenya’s south coast is famous for beautiful and safe beaches, as well as spectacular diving, fishing and surfing.
Beautiful beaches, superb diving and its own unique character combine to make the Kenyan coast the perfect end to a safari through Kenya.
Go deep sea fishing at the home of the Striped, Black and Blue Marlin, Sailfish, Broadbill, Mako, Tiger and other sharks, Wahoo, Yellowfin Tuna, Dorado, Giant Trevally among others.
- Diani lies about 19 km south of Fort Jesus, Mombasa. The fort, built by the Portuguese in 1593 – 1596 to the designs of Giovanni Battista Cairati to protect the port of Mombasa, is one of the most outstanding and well preserved examples of 16th Portuguese military fortification and a landmark in the history of this type of construction.
- Famous for beautiful and safe beaches, as well as spectacular diving, fishing and surfing.
- South of Diani is where you find Wasini Island and the Wasini Marine National Park, one of the best snorkelling places in Africa.
Min: 20°C/68°F Max: 34°C/94°C
Min:11°C/52°F Max: 25°C/77°C
The kaskazi wind blows in summer - hot days and clear skies. The kusi wind cools things for rainy April and a warm winter and spring
- Traveling with ChildrenKenya offers wonderful value for families, with many properties running specialised children’s programmes. Please note that there may be age limits for game drives, walking safaris and adventure activities.
- WildlifeVisit the Kaya Kinondo Forest with 187 plant species, 48 species of birds and 45 of butterfly.The endangered Colobus monkey species can be viewed here.
- LanguagesMore than 40 ethnic languages are spoken in Kenya, although the national language is Swahili. Most Kenyans also understand English.
- Flying to KenyaNairobi is the main airport for international flights. From Nairobi local carriers connect to the major tourist destinations in both National Parks and beach areas.
- CurrencyThe currency is the Kenyan Shilling, where KES1 is made up of 100 cents. Foreign currencies such as the USD are widely accepted. However, please note that dollar bills printed before 2003 are not accepted in Kenya.
This adventure holiday will take you to the best of Kenya. Spend time in Nairobi, and view Meru, Laikipia and the Masai Mara on this African safari.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Evening Dhow Experience, Sound, and Light show with dinner in Fort Jesus
- Wasini "Fantasy" Island Show
- Deep Sea Fishing
Kinondo Kwetu is situated on a private beach south of Diani, surrounded by forests and sacred land protected by the National Museum
Situated Southwest of Kenya, covering an area of 1 510 km2, the Masai Mara is a land of breathtaking vistas, abundant wildlife, and endless plains.
Tucked away between Tsavo West National Park and Amboseli National Park, Chyulu Hills National Park boasts striking and diverse landscapes.
Ready to start planning your adventure?