Chyulu National Park
Tucked away between Tsavo West National Park and Amboseli National Park, Chyulu Hills National Park boasts striking and diverse landscapes.
Chyulu is a rugged wilderness still showing signs of its volcanic origins - and boasting some of the best views of Kilimanjaro.
- Visit the 275,000 acre Mbirikani Group Ranch and see innovative lion conservation by the Maasai.
- See both ancient and new volcanic cinder cones and craters, with the most recent volcanic peak forming just 500 years ago.
- Explore the lava tubes of the Kisula Caves Complex.
- One of the best area to view Mt Kilimanjaro.
- Enjoy excellent bird watching on Lake Jipe in the southwest corner of the park.
Min 20°C/68°F Max 34°C/94°F
Min 11°C/52°F Max 25°C/78°F
Long rains from April to May; short rains from November to mid-December.
- Best time to travelYear Round
- Traveling with ChildrenMany properties have specialised children’s programmes; there may be age limits for game drives, walking safaris, and adventure activities.
- WildlifeIn addition to the critically endangered eastern black rhino, there are cheetah, elephant, fringe-eared oryx, gerenuk, and a variety of birdlife.
- LanguagesMore than 40 ethnic languages are spoken in Kenya. Although the national language is Swahili, most Kenyans also understand English.
- Flying to KenyaNairobi is the main airport for international flights. From Nairobi local carriers connect to the major tourist destinations in both National Parks and beach areas.
- CurrencyThe currency is the Kenyan Shilling, where KES is made up of 100 cents. Please check with your hotel for daily exchange rates.
This adventure holiday will take you to the best of Kenya. Spend time in Nairobi, and view Meru, Laikipia and the Masai Mara on this African safari.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Mountain Biking
- Horse Riding in the Chyulu Hills
- Game Drives
- Guided Walks
Ready to start planning your adventure?
The captivating Ol Donyo Lodge is tucked away in the cool shadow of the Chyulu Hills, in one of Kenya’s most prized safari destinations.
Situated Southwest of Kenya, covering an area of 1 510 km2, the Masai Mara is a land of breathtaking vistas, abundant wildlife, and endless plains.
Protected by an offshore barrier coral reef, Kenya’s south coast is famous for beautiful and safe beaches, spectacular diving, fishing and surfing.