&Beyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge
Experience the freedom and exhilaration of the Okavango Delta at &Beyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge, with its unique rooftop hideouts in each of nine private safari suites.
Overlooking a sparkling lagoon, the earthy glamour of this striking Lodge provides the perfect counterpoint to the natural bounty of this riverside landscape. A strong but playful recycled theme provides unusual accents at every turn.
Explore the intricate watery canals by mokoro or traverse the golden grasslands in search of the Big Five by vehicle, retreating to the contemporary comfort of your suite by night.
Cuddle up in the large outdoor cane lounger and watch the sun go down over the Delta.
- Game drives, bush walks, birdwatching, fishing
- Enjoy an exceptional water experience and revel in the seclusion of this truly remote lodge
- Lofty rooftop lookouts and fully sized plunge pools
- Children’s programme
- Perfect for birders, as the ending to a safari, nature lovers, return travellers, couples, families, anyone looking for a chance of pace
Why stay at Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge?
Peace and Serenity
An intimate refuge, &Beyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge is designed with privacy in mind. Sprawled along the banks of a lagoon and guarded by a resident family of hippo, the Lodge flawlessly combines the best of this unique inland delta - the peace and serenity of gliding through waterways lined with lush aquatic plants and the excitement of searching for big game through endless miles of green grassland.
Rising high as the treetops, the open upper level of your suite entices you to while away the afternoon in a lofty hide or enjoy a private dinner under the stars. Dark wooden frames cradle another bed in a more conventional bedroom location just down the stairs. Two steps down, a deep, oversized bath offers comfort and warmth, and a choice of indoor and outdoor showers promises refreshment. Curl up in a large, round lounger big enough for two on your private deck and watch the tiny details of life in the Okavango.
Indulge in a playful moment or two on a big tractor tyre swing in the shade of the trees or gaze out over the lagoon from the quiet comfort of the massive couches in the warm guest area. Tease and tantalise your taste buds watching the chefs at work in our open, interactive kitchen or get involved with tastes and textures yourself! Savour the wholesome flavours of meals served in the dining room, with its sweeping views, or in a warm cluster around a crackling blaze in the open fire pit.
Renowned for its abundant wildlife, the Okavango Delta and the areas surrounding &Beyond Xudum Delta Lodge are home to a large number of species, including a number of species adapted to the semi-aquatic lifestyle, such as the elegant red lechwe and shy sitatunga. Families of hippo wallow in the deeper channels and lagoons. The area supports the continent’s largest surviving concentration of elephant and buffalo, while roan and sable antelope roam the open woodlands. Lion, cheetah, leopard and African wild dog are occasionally also encountered.
The Okavango is also a stronghold for the endangered African wild dog, although sightings of this rare animal are relatively uncommon. Exhibiting a fascinating social structure, wild dog live in packs led by a dominant pair, with a strict social hierarchy. Lion may be sighted near &Beyond Xudum and, although predominantly nocturnal and difficult to spot, leopards are fairly common throughout the Okavango, particularly in dense riverine forest.
One of the most common antelope in the Okavango, the red lechwe is especially adapted for the swampy conditions. Its splayed, elongated hooves give it a sure footing in muddy conditions, allowing it to inhabit the outskirts of the permanent swamps. With an incredible wealth of species, the Okavango is also a haven for birding enthusiasts. One of its most sought after species is the huge but elusive Pel’s fishing owl, which roosts in the densest evergreen thickets. A quintessential African sound, the haunting call of the fish eagle can often be heard echoing over the channels
True African hospitality lies at the core of &Beyond's lodges and camps throughout the continent. The people of Africa, with their warm and welcoming nature and the ability to draw guests into their hearts, inspire, educate and enchant our guests every day.
A shared passion for creating extraordinary guest experiences unites all &Beyonders across Africa. For the staff members at &Beyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge, there is no better way to spend the day than in making our guests' safari dreams come true. Our chefs, butlers, housekeepers, security and workshop staff are trained with the same dedication as our field staff, but their pleasure in sharing your special moments is something that cannot be taught. They are the magic ingredient at &Beyond Xudum and their commitment to creating moments that take our guests' breath away is genuine.
&Beyond is renowned for having some of the most highly trained, professional, passionate and knowledgeable guides and trackers on the continent. They have a passion for people and wildlife, ensuring unbeatable interpretive safari experiences.
Our guides at &Beyond Xudum impart an incomparable wealth of knowledge, personally researched and experienced, about local habitats, ecology, birds, trees, plants, small animals and insects. Many of our guides and trackers belong to the surrounding communities and can share cultural information with our guests.
The Very Best Training
&Beyond runs three full-time ranger training schools headed by professional ranger trainers in Africa. Each guide at &Beyond Xudum undergoes a rigorous training course at one of these schools before joining the team. They then receive further on-site training and benefit immensely from their colleagues' ongoing mentorship. It is through their passion for what they do, and their desire to develop and learn that &Beyond's guides are among the finest in the world.
A Day At Xudum
At &Beyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge, the days are designed to thrill you with intimate wildlife encounters and the nights to spoil you with the romance of Africa.
- Morning Game Drive - As dawn breaks over the African bush, a gentle tap on your door will wake you to the delights of a new day. Your guide will discuss what you hope to see that day over fragrant tea or coffee and morning biscuits or rusks. Explore the floodplains and grasslands of the Delta in search of the Big Five, encountering large herds of elephant and buffalo or elegant sable and roan antelope.
- Breakfast - Return to the Lodge for a delicious breakfast, with platters of fruit and cheese followed by a selection of hot breakfast dishes. Choose from eggs, oats, waffles or a number of other options.
- Lunch - If you wish, you can walk off your breakfast on a short walk near the Lodge, accompanied by your guide, who will share his insight into the smaller animals and vegetation in the area. Lunch is served on dramatic decks with panoramic views of the surrounding wilderness.
- Afternoon Tea - Cool off with a refreshing dip in the Lodge pool or indulge in an afternoon siesta. Then enjoy a late afternoon tea before you embark on your afternoon adventure.
- Afternoon Boat Ride - Explore the crystal clear channels of the Delta on a mokoro or in a motorised boat. Dozens of bird species, frogs and other intimate details of the Delta lie waiting to be explored at eye level.
- Dinner - Return to the Lodge for a mouthwatering dinner under African skies.