A rustic camp, serenely set along the very edge of the world
- Four twin tents and two double tents with ensuite bucket showers and flush toilets
- On the edge of the breathtaking Makgadikgadi Pans
- Quad bike excursions into the Pans
- Guided morning walks and game drives
- Dining under the stars
- Get up close and personal with the playful meerkats on the meerkat adventure
- Witness and participate in a rapidly disappearing Bushman ritual, an eight-night initiation hunt
- Ask to experience the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of sleeping out in the midst of the mysterious salt pans
With its vintage-style safari tents, four poster beds with percale sheets, bucket showers, flush toilets and paraffin lamps, San Camp provides a complete desert experience on the edge of the legendary Makgadikgadi Pans. Six white canvas tents, set in a dramatic location, create an oasis of civilisation in the starkly beautiful environment. Viewed through the tent flaps, the serene salt pans run endlessly into the horizon.
The concession adjoins the Makgadikgadi National Park, with its endless vistas of golden, rolling grasslands, and quad bike excursions venture far into the heart of the wilderness, exploring remote archaeological sites. Morning walks and game drives accompanied by experienced guides and local Bushmen provide a glimpse of the unique fauna and flora. Once the day’s adventures are over, mouth watering meals are served in a central dining pavilion or beneath a thousand stars.