With its magnificent position between the African bush and the balmy depths of the Indian Ocean, &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve offers a range of thrilling land and water adventures. Enjoy a plethora of thrilling sea adventures, in addition to morning and afternoon game drives among &Beyond Phinda's exceptional wildlife, including the elusive cheetah. Endlessly captivating, &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve is a place of extraordinary adventures, where myriad possibilities create breathtaking thrills around every bend. Beach and bush, wildlife and culture, the marvels of the bush and the wonders of the ocean depths, &Beyond Phinda has it all.
3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS
Start anticipating your sea and safari experience with a short summary of what you can expect each day to bring.
Set within easy reach of the Indian Ocean coastline, &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve is known for its abundant wildlife, diversity of habitats and wide range of safari activities. Thanks to its coastal rainfall pattern, the reserve enjoys a lush green environment that contains seven distinct ecosystems, often referred to as the Seven Worlds of Wonder. This fascinating variety of landscape and vegetation shelters an abundance of wildlife, including not only the Big Five but many rarer and less easily spotted species, such as the elusive cheetah and the scarce black rhino. Adding to &Beyond Phinda's wildlife charms, the marine diversity of nearby Sodwana Bay on the coast is easily accessible, with scuba diving, fishing and even turtle watching only some of the adventures available.
Spend two nights in a suite at &Beyond Phinda Mountain Lodge. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, emergency medical evacuation insurance, laundry and daily lodge adventures.
Apart from the usual morning and late afternoon game drives, enjoy your choice of two sea and sand experiences on the nearby beaches of the Indian Ocean. Choose to get up close and personal with the giants of the deep as you swim with whale sharks or spend an evening on the beach in search of nesting leatherback or loggerhead turtles.
During the months of November to February, guests can also choose to enjoy a turtle nesting adventure on the beaches after dark. This unforgettable adventure allows guests to view these enormous sea creatures emerge from the Indian Ocean at Sodwana Bay to lay their precious eggs in the sand. Excitement builds as you drive along the deserted coastline under the moonlight in search of fresh turtle tracks. The female turtles emerge from the water at night and make the strenuous journey up the beach in search of a suitable nesting site. They will then dig a nest and lay their clutch of approximately 100 soft-shelled eggs. Besides witnessing the rare and beautiful nesting rituals of these huge reptiles, guests also enjoy the spectacular beauty of the surrounding marine ecosystem, with its majestic sand dunes that tower over the beach.
After a morning game drive and delicious breakfast, your adventure with us will end.
3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS
Included in the rate
- Twin / single accommodation
- Meals as specified
- Soft drinks, house wine, local brand spirits, local beer, teas and coffees (premium brands to own account)
- Game viewing activities as offered by the lodge
- Your choice of either a turtle nesting adventure, swimming with whale sharks or whale watching on the second day
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
Not included in the rate
- Gratuities and all items of a personal nature
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, cigars and cigarettes
- Visas (please thoroughly check requirements for the countries being visited prior to travel)
- Personal Travel Journal
- Swimming with whale sharks is available for a minimum of 2 guests and a maximum of 10 guests; duration is 4 - 5 hours; the activity is subject to the availability of the Dive Master; degree of exertion is moderate. Not available on 1 – 12 Jan; 18 – 20 Apr & 15 – 31 Dec 2014
- The turtle nesting adventure is only available in the summer months, from November to February. The activity is available for a minimum of two guests and maximum of nine guests; duration is seven hours; all ages are welcome
- Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis
- No single supplement is applicable for the first two single rooms per booking at &Beyond lodges
- Single supplement only refers to the single room supplement. Single traveller supplement will be quoted on request
- Validity periods are as specified above. Should a booking fall over two rate periods, the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- &Beyond trading terms apply