Zambian Spice Trail
Follow up the breathtaking sight of the Victoria Falls with a safari through some of the richest and wildest wildlife destinations in Africa. Explore the shores of the mighty Zambezi above the spot where they fall into the deep chasm of the spectacular Victoria Falls. Get up close and personal in the absolute wilderness of the Lower Zambezi National Park, which produces plenty of opportunities to track wildlife on foot, as well as from boats and canoes, in addition to the traditional game drives. End your Zambian safari in the South Luangwa National Park, one of the greatest wildlife sanctuaries in all of Africa.
FLY-IN SAFARI 7 DAYS/ 6 NIGHTS
Start anticipating your African adventure with a short summary of what you can expect each day on safari to bring.
This safari begins at Harry Mwanga Nkumbula Airport in Livingstone and ends at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport in Lusaka.
Day 1 & 2: Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park
On arrival at Harry Mwanga Nkumbula Airport you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team, who will drive you to Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma.
Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park is home to half of the magnificent Victoria Falls, which lie on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe, and are shared by the two countries. The park extends from rich wilderness areas in the north to breathtaking scenery surrounding the Falls in the south. Scenery ranges from tall riverine forest with palm trees to miombo woodland and grassland, and even rainforest. Giraffe, zebra, warthog, sable, eland and buffalo are commonly seen in the park, as is a variety of birdlife. Hippo and crocodile inhabit the broad river, while elephant cross unimpeded from bank to bank.
Spend two nights in a treehouse built into giant ebony trees at Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma. Your stay includes three meals daily, laundry and all beverages (excluding premium brands), park fees and lodge adventures. Adventures include game drives, guided walks and excursions to Victoria Falls.
Day 3 & 4: Lower Zambezi National Park
Return to Harry Mwanga Nkumbula Airport for a light aircraft flight to Lower Zambezi National Park. A vehicle will be waiting for you at the airstrip.
The spectacular Lower Zambezi National Park spans 4 092 km² (1 580 square miles) of pristine wilderness. It is situated adjacent to Zimbabwe's Mana Pool Reserve, creating a giant expanse of protected wilderness, and boasts breathtaking vistas of the Zambezi River and lush riverine vegetation. It is not uncommon to see enormous herds of elephant quenching their thirst and enjoying a good mud bath along the riverbanks, as well as leopard, buffalo and lion. The park offers a wonderful collection of habitats, which are home to a superb diversity of animals. Visitors can explore the marshy Zambezi channels, a floodplain bordered by mopane forests, hilly woodlands and the park's open valley floor.
Relax for two blissful nights in a luxury Bedouin style tent at Sausage Tree Camp. Your stay includes accommodation, meals, soft drinks, house wines, beers, laundry, activities, transfers from the airstrip, airport departure taxes and park fees. Safari activities include game drives, wilderness walks, canoeing, game viewing by boat, birdwatching and fishing.
Day 5 & 6: South Luangwa National Park
You will be flown to Kenneth Kaunda International Airport, where you will catch a connecting flight to Mfuwe Airport. A member of the &Beyond family will be waiting to take you to your camp.
Renowned as one of Africa's greatest wildlife sanctuaries, South Luangwa is home to an abundance of game, which frequents the Luangwa River and its oxbows. The Luangwa River is the most intact river system in Africa and is the lifeblood of the Park. South Luangwa is also the birthplace of the walking safari - one of the best ways to get up close and personal with the Park's pristine wilderness, which boasts over 60 different animal species and 400 birds. Hippo wallow in the river, while buffalo and large herds of elephant, some up to 70 strong, wander its banks.
Spend two nights in a beautiful ensuite tent at Sanctuary Puku Ridge Tented Camp. Your stay includes three meals daily, laundry, all local brand drinks (excluding premium brands), game viewing activities and park fees. Adventures include twice-daily game drives (including spotlit night drives) and guided walks.
Day 7: Departure
You will be driven to Mfuwe Airport for your return flight to Kenneth Kaunda International Airport.
FLY-IN SAFARI 7 DAYS/ 6 NIGHTS
What you get
- Twin or single accommodation
- Meals as specified
- Scheduled light aircraft and road transfers as specified
- Waterborne and game viewing activities as offered by the camps and lodges
- Local drinks as specified
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Rates are subject to a minimum of two guests travelling
- Validity periods are as specified. Should a booking fall over two rates periods, the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Domestic departure tax of 8 USD per person is to be settled directly on departure from Harry Mwange Nkumbula International Airport and Mfuwe Airport
- Security charge of 3 USD per person to be settled directly at Mfuwe Airport
- International departure tax of 25 USD per person to be settle directly on departure from Zambia
- The rate excludes the aviation infrastructure and development charge of 28 000 ZMK (domestic) or 56 000 ZMK (international). The rate is subject to change and currency fluctuations
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services, currency fluctuations or any other circumstances beyond our control
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply