Waterfront, Winelands & Wildlife
Combine a classical bush experience with a journey of discovery throughthe bustling city of Cape Town. Discover the delights of the Cape, including its rich and diverse history, as well as fantastic shopping opportunities and blissfully beautiful beaches. Venture into the heart of the Cape Winelands with a two-night stay in the charming and beautiful town of Franschhoek. Discover the alluring beauty of the bush and find your sense of adventure while tracking the Big Five at &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve, which shares unfenced borders with the famed Kruger National Park.
10 DAYS / 9 NIGHTS
Start anticipating your African adventure with a short summary of what you can expect each day on safari to bring.
This safari begins at Cape Town International Airport and ends at O R Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.
Day 1 - 3: Cape Town
On arrival at Cape Town International Airport, a member of the &Beyond team will be waiting to drive you to the Cape Grace Hotel, where you will stay for three nights.
With Table Mountain, one of the most spiritual places on earth, at its heart and two oceans at its feet, the city of Cape Town, strategically situated at the south-western tip of Africa, has been famed for centuries as the Tavern of the Seas. Vibrant, cosmopolitan and an eclectic mix of old and new, this laid-back city is as much at home with its 17th century castle, whose cannons have never been fired in anger, as it is with its sleek skyscrapers and trendy malls. Home to South Africa’s first Mosque, oldest wine farm, a 350 year-old garden and timelessly beautiful beaches, it’s no surprise the legendary Flying Dutchman and his spectral ship have spent eternity sailing the city’s shores.
Your stay includes accommodation in a luxury room, breakfast, use of the Hot Spa area (steam room, sauna, rain and body shower), complimentary wireless/high speed Internet access, morning tea and coffee with wake-up calls, luxury chauffeur transfers within a 10 km radius from 07h00 to 23h00 (subject to availability) and a Cape orientation and wine tasting.
Day 4 & 5: Franschhoek
After breakfast, you will be picked up by your driver and will depart for the town of Franschhoek, situated in the Cape Winelands, where you will spend the next two glorious nights at Le Quartier Francais.
It is here, in a valley tightly hemmed in by mountains, where a small band of French Huguenots, who fled to avoid religious prosecution in 1688, settled. Although their original skills as wine-makers have been somewhat exaggerated, they did have in their midst the de Villiers and du Toit brothers, who taught them a thing or two about viniculture. The settlers soon developed impressive vineyards and homesteads, which to this day bear their original French names. Amongst these manor homes is Boschendal, which has been so beautifully restored, visitors are expected to remove their heels before entering! With the impressive Huguenot Memorial, museum and rose garden at its head, the town has just one main street lined with antique shops, cafés and restaurants.
Your stay includes breakfast.
Day 6 - 9: &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve
After breakfast, you will be driven back to Cape Town International Airport, where you will catch a domestic flight to Hoedspruit Airport. On arrival, a member of our team will be waiting to take you to the game reserve.
Located on the boundary of the famed Kruger National Park, &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve is known for its high densities of elephant, buffalo and rhino, as well as for its African wild dogs. Ngala was the first private game reserve to be incorporated into the Kruger and has exclusive traversing rights over some of the richest wildlife land on the African continent.
Spend four nights in a spacious tented suite at &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, scheduled safari activities, refreshments on game drives, one-hour nature walks accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to availability) and laundry.
Day 10: Departure
After breakfast, you will be driven back to Hoedspruit Airport, from where a domestic flight will take you to OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, where your adventure with us will end.
10 DAYS / 9 NIGHTS
Included in the rate
- Welcome and assistance service at Cape Town International Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per the itinerary
- Scheduled domestic SA Airlink flights: Cape Town International Airport / Hoedspruit; Hoedspruit / OR Tambo International Airport
- All scheduled road transfers: Cape Town International Airport / The Cape Grace Hotel; The Cape Grace Hotel / Le Quartier Francais; Le Quartier Francais / Cape Town International Airport; Hoedspruit Airport / &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp / Hoedspruit Airport
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Stay for 4 and only Pay for 3 at &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp (valid from 1 January to 31 December 2013)
- Rates are subject to two guests travelling
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Flights from Cape Town to Hoedspruit depart on a Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday only. Please note that the flight quote is subject to the availability of the fare class. Rates are subject to change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods, the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- &Beyond trading terms apply