Discover Ancient Times And Wildlife
Travel from one of South Africa’s famous game reserves to the scenic landscapes and beaches of Cape Town, ending at spectacular Victoria Falls in Zambia. Explore the rugged Madikwe Game Reserve with its exceptional wildlife, from the Big Five to the rare wild dog. Indulge in a change of pace at Sun City, surrounded by entertainment options from restaurants, theatres and casinos to water parks and golf courses. Enjoy spectacular mountain scenery, gold beaches, magnificent historical architecture and trendy restaurants and night spots in Cape Town. Explore the banks of the Zambezi River, marvel at the spectacle of Victoria Falls or choose to experience a number of adrenalin adventures in the quaint colonial town of Livingstone.
10 DAYS / 9 NIGHTS
Start anticipating your Southern African adventure with a short summary of what you can expect each day.
This adventure begins at OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa, and ends at Livingstone International Airport in Zambia.
Day 1 - 2: Madikwe Game Reserve
On arrival at OR Tambo International Airport, you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team, who will drive you to Madikwe Game Reserve.
A diverse combination of bushveld and the semi-arid Kalahari, the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve is home to both the famous Big Five and the endangered African wild dog. The reserve was the site of the world’s largest game translocation exercise, successfully introducing more than 8 000 animals of 28 species, including lion, elephant, buffalo and white rhino, since 1991. The Madikwe region is rich in history, having seen the passage of the famed warrior Mzilikazi, as well as renowned explorers, traders and missionaries.
Spend two nights in a twin room at Madikwe Safari Lodge. Your stay includes three meals, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, two game drives daily, game drive refreshments, safari activities, laundry and transport to and from the airstrip.
After breakfast, you will be driven to the Sun City resort.
Located in a green oasis amid the rugged bushland of South Africa's North-west Province, Sun City is a glitzy resort with a pulsating African rhythm situated next to the Pilanesberg National Park, offering an array of entertainment and dining options, adventures, gambling, wildlife and family experiences. Add to that fantasy-inspired, imaginative architecture based on the re-creation of the ruins of an ancient civilization, luxurious surrounds and impeccable service.
Relax for two nights in a room at The Palace of the Lost City. Your stay includes breakfast.
Day 5 - 7: Cape Town
With Table Mountain at its heart and two oceans at its feet, the city of Cape Town, strategically situated at the south-western tip of Africa, has been famed for centuries as the Tavern of the Seas. Vibrant, cosmopolitan and an eclectic mix of old and new, this laid-back city is as much at home with its 17th century castle as it is with its sleek skyscrapers and trendy malls. It is also home to South Africa’s first mosque, its oldest wine farm, a 350-year-old garden and timelessly beautiful beaches.
Indulge in three nights at the Table Bay Hotel. Your stay includes a full English breakfast.
Day 8 - 9: Livingstone
After breakfast, you will be driven to Cape Town International Airport, where you will board a flight to Livingstone via Johannesburg.
A charming colonial town named after the legendary Victorian missionary and explorer, Livingstone was once the bustling capital of Zambia. Established in 1905 as the country’s key European settlement, the town still boasts the elegant Edwardian architecture of this era. Today, Livingstone acts as Zambia’s adventure gateway, as it is conveniently situated near the mighty Zambezi River and the breathtaking Victoria Falls.
Linger for two nights in a twin room at The Royal Livingstone. Your stay includes breakfast.
Dat 10: Departure
After breakfast you will be drive back to Livingstone International Airport, where your adventure with us will end.
10 DAYS / 9 NIGHTS
Included in the rate
- Welcome service at OR Tambo International Airport, Cape Town International Airport and Livingstone International Airport
- Accommodation and inclusions as per the itinerary
- All private road transport: OR Tambo International Airport / Madikwe Safari Lodge; Madikwe Safari Lodge / Sun City; Sun City / OR Tambo International Airport; Cape Town International Airport / The Table Bay Hotel / Cape Town International Airport; Livingstone International Airport / The Royal Livingstone / Livingstone International Airport
- All scheduled domestic and regional flights: OR Tambo International Airport / Cape Town International Airport / OR Tambo International Airport; OR Tambo International Airport / Livingstone International Airport / OR Tambo International Airport
- Madikwe Game Reserve park fees
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Rates are subject to a minimum of two guests travelling
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Additional suggested activities are not included in the rate
- Please note that flight quotes are subject to availability of fare class. Rates are subject to change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- A minimum three-night stay applies at Madikwe Safari Lodge from 20 December 2013 to 4 January 2014
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third party service or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- &Beyond trading terms apply