Black Spots And Beach Balls
Combine the sheer thrill of safari with the beautiful scenery of the Umhlanga coastline. Be thrilled with intimate wildlife encounters by day and romanced with endlessly delightful surprises by night at the spectacular &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve. As the mecca for sun lovers and watersports enthusiasts, Umhlanga, meaning the “place of reeds”, is a scenic stretch of coastal bliss located along KwaZulu-Natal’s spectacular Golden Mile, just 20 kilometres from the bustling port city of Durban.
9 DAYS / 8 NIGHTS
Start anticipating your African adventure with a short summary of what you can expect each day on safari to bring.
This safari begins and ends at King Shaka International Airport.
Day 1 - 4: &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve
On arrival at King Shaka International Airport you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team, who will assist you with your onward journey to &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve.
Within easy reach of the Indian Ocean, &Beyond Phinda is known for abundant wildlife, diverse habitats and thrilling safaris. The Reserve contains seven distinct ecosystems, known as the 'Seven Worlds of Wonder'. This variety of landscape shelters the Big Five, and many rarer and less easily spotted species, such as the elusive cheetah and scarce black rhino. The golden beaches of Sodwana Bay are nearby, with scuba diving, fishing and even turtle watching available.
Spend four nights at the beautiful &Beyond Phinda Mountain Lodge.
Your stay includes accommodation in a suite with ensuite bathroom, three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, scheduled safari activities, refreshments on game drives, nature walks (1 hour) accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to availability), emergency medical evacuation insurance and laundry.
Day 5 - 8: Umhlanga
Make your way to the beach haven of Umhlanga and spend four nights at the beautifully charming Oysterbox Hotel.
Umhlanga is a mecca for sun lovers and watersports enthusiasts. Meaning the “place of reeds”, this scenic area is located along KwaZulu-Natal’s spectacular Golden Mile, just 20 kilometres from the bustling port city of Durban. The area falls in what was once an immense sugar cane plantation owned by Sir Marshall Campbell, who arrived in South Africa from Glasgow in 1850. The first hotel, The Umhlanga Rocks Hotel, was built in the 1920s and was promptly followed by a throng of exceptional seaside retreats, which still dot the shoreline. Today, Umhlanga boasts world-class boutique stores and superlative centres, such as the Gateway Mall - a shopper’s paradise! It also offers a wonderful selection of eateries and attractions such as the Natal Sharks Board, professional golf courses and an array of watersports, such as scuba diving, deep-sea fishing, surfing and dolphin viewing.
Your stay at the Oysterbox Hotel includes accommodation in a classic room and breakfast.
Day 9: Departure
After a delicious breakfast make your way to the King Shaka International Airport where your adventure with us will end.
9 DAYS / 8 NIGHTS
What you get
- Meet & Greet at King Shaka International Airport, on arrival
- Accommodation inclusions as specified in the itinerary
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
And what you don't
- Gratuities and all items of a personal nature
- All transport options
- Drinks not specified
- Single traveller supplement
- Scheduled domestic flights and airport taxes
- Visas (please thoroughly check requirements for the countries being visited prior to travel)
Please don't forget
- Rates subject to a minimum of 2 guests travelling
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Includes a Stay 4 Pay 3 special offer at Oyster Box Hotel valid from 06 January – 19 December 2014
- A curry buffet at the Oyster Box once during your stay
- Fly me to Phinda valid throughout 2014
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Additional suggested activities not included in the rate
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply