A Big Cat Safari
Set out on a family adventure that unravels the wonders of the African bush at a combination of premier wildlife reserves. Indulge in a variety of activities for the whole family at &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve or in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, bothof which are famed for large numbers of lion and leopard. Choose between gracious &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge and the colonial style of &Beyond Kirkman's Kamp. Marvel at the grace of the cheetah among the diverse landscapes of &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve.
6 DAYS / 5 NIGHTS
Start anticipating your African adventure with a short summary of what you can expect each day to bring.
Your journey begins and ends at OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.
Combine the very best of two spectacular game reserves with your choice of the following options:
DAY 1 - 3: Sabi Sand Game Reserve
On arrival at OR Tambo International Airport you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team, who will assist you onto a shuttle to Benoni Airfield, from where a flight will take you to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
Sharing unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park, the Sabi Sand Game Reserve is part of a vast wildlife area where animals wander across vast stretches of grazing as they did decades ago. With one of the richest game populations in the country, it offers an excellent chance to encounter the Big Five.
Spend two nights at charming and colonial &Beyond Kirkman's Kamp, enjoying twice-daily game drives.
DAY 1 - 3: &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve
On arrival at OR Tambo International Airport, you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team, who will help you board the shuttle to Benoni Airfield, where you will catch a flight to &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve.
&Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve shares an unfenced boundary with the famous Kruger National Park, which allows a spectacular diversity of wildlife to move through this immense landscape. Ngala means lion in Shangaan and the reserve lives up to its name, supporting several prides of these powerful cats, as well as elephant, spotted hyena, giraffe, buffalo and white rhino. It also offers spectacular sightings of the shy leopard and the rare African wild dog.
Enjoy two nights at family-friendly &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge or indulge in a more intimate experience beneath canvas at &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp.
DAY 4 - 5: &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve
This morning you will return to the airstrip and board a light aircraft flight to &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve.
Situated within easy reach of the Indian Ocean, &Beyond Phinda is known for abundant wildlife, diverse habitats and thrilling safaris. Its variety of landscapes shelters the Big Five, as well as many rarer and less easily spotted species, such as the elusive cheetah and scarce black rhino. The golden beaches of Sodwana Bay are nearby, with scuba diving, fishing and even turtle watching available.
Spend three nights at family-friendly &Beyond Phinda Mountain Lodge, shelter in the heart of the rare sand forest at &Beyond Phinda Forest Lodge, indulge in the privacy of elegant &Beyond Phinda Vlei Lodge or enjoy the views from romantic &Beyond Phinda Rock Lodge (please note this lodge is not suitable for children under the age of 16). Enjoy twice-daily game drives, nature walks or river cruises.
DAY 6: Departure
Board a flight from Phinda Airstrip back to Benoni Airfield, where you can catch a shuttle to OR Tambo International Airport for your return flight home.
6 DAYS / 5 NIGHTS
Included in the rate
- Welcome and assistance at OR Tambo International Airport
- Return road shuttle OR Tambo International Airport / Benoni Airfield / OR Tambo International Airport
- Seat on a scheduled charter flight Benoni Airfield / Skukuza Airport / &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve / Benoni Airfield
- Twin / single accommodation
- Meals on a full board basis
- Soft drinks, house wine, local brand spirits, local beer, teas and coffees (premium brands to own account)
- Game viewing activities as offered by the lodges
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Long stay rate at all &Beyond lodges valid throughout the year
- Rates are subject to a minimum number of guests travelling, as specified in the rate grid
- Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis
- A single supplement of 50% is only charged from the third single room per booking, except for 21 to 31 December 2014, when the supplement applies from the first single room
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Luggage must be packed in a soft bag weighing a maximum of 15 kg (33 lb). This weight allowance includes hand luggage
- Validity periods are as specified. Should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in South Africa
- &Beyond trading terms apply