Majestic Views & Pristine Landscapes
Explore the best that South Africa's KwaZulu-Natal province has to offer, from the Big Five and other exceptional wildlife at &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve to the golden beaches and ocean delights of scenic Umhlanga. Gaze out onto dense African bushveld from &Beyond Phinda Mountain Lodge or share an intimate glimpse of the rare sand forest and its inhabitants at &Beyond Phinda Forest Lodge. Watch as a cheetah teaches her cubs how to hunt, track the massive rhino on foot or glide along the calm waters of the Mzinene River at sunrise. After your wildlife safari, drink in the sun on the warm beaches of Umhlanga from a magnificent seaside location.
6 DAYS / 5 NIGHTS
Start anticipating your sea and safari experience with a short summary of what you can expect each day to bring.
Your journey begins and ends at OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, where you will catch a flight to Richards Bay. On arrival, you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team, who will drive you to &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve.
Day 1 - 3: &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve
Beautifully situated near the Indian Ocean coastline, &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve boasts abundant wildlife, diverse habitats and an endless choice of safari activities. The Reserve enjoys a lush, green environment that contains seven distinct ecosystems. This fascinating variety of landscape and vegetation types shelters not only the Big Five but many rarer and less easily spotted species, such as the elusive cheetah and the scarce black rhino. Adding to &Beyond Phinda's wildlife charms, the marine diversity of nearby Sodwana Bay is easily accessible, with scuba diving, swiming with whales and even turtle watching just some of the many adventures available.
Spend three nights in an elegant suite with views of the breathtaking bush at &Beyond Phinda Mountain Lodge or secluded deep in the heart of the rare sand forest at &Beyond Phinda Forest Lodge.
Day 4 - 5: Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal coastline
Enjoy an early morning game drive and breakfast before being driven to the Beverley Hills Hotel, situated in the coastal town of Umhlanga.
A mecca for sun lovers and watersports enthusiasts, Umhlanga is situated on KwaZulu-Natal's spectacular Golden Mile, just 20 km (12 miles) from Durban. The area falls in what was once an immense sugar cane plantation. Today, Umhlanga boasts world-class boutique stores, a wonderful selection of eateries and attractions such as the Natal Shark Board, professional golf courses and an array of watersports, from scuba diving and deep-sea fishing to surfing and dolphin viewing.
Indulge in two nights of beachside bliss in a standard sea-facing room at the Beverley Hills Hotel.
Day 6: Departure
After breakfast, you will be driven to King Shaka International Airport in Durban, from where a flight will take you back to OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, where your adventure with us will end.
6 DAYS / 5 NIGHTS
Included in the rate
- At &Beyond Phinda Mountain Lodge or &Beyond Phinda Forest Lodge - Three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, tea and coffee, scheduled safari activities, refreshments on game drives, nature walks, emergency medical evacuation insurance and laundry
- At the Beverley Hills Hotel - Breakfast
- Scheduled flights: OR Tambo International Airport / Richards Bay Airport; King Shaka International Airport / OR Tambo International Airport
- Please note that flights are subject to availability
- All scheduled road transport: Richards Bay / &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve; &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve / Beverley Hills Hotel; Beverley Hills Hotel / King Shaka International Airport
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Complimentary flights: OR Tambo International Airport / Richards Bay Airport; King Shaka International Airport / OR Tambo International Airport
- Complimentary road transport: Richards Bay / &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve; &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve / Beverley Hills Hotel; Beverley Hills Hotel / King Shaka International Airport
- Complimentary value-adds at Beverley Hills Hotel: VIP courtesy in room on arrival (fruit, dried fruit, nuts, etc); bespoke gift in room on arrival; complimentary round of golf at Mount Edgecombe Country Club (4 km or 3 miles from the hotel)
- Rates are subject to a minimum of two guests travelling
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Validity periods are as specified; should a booking fall over two rate periods, the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in South Africa
- &Beyond trading terms apply