Best of Cape Town Extensions
Discover the diverse melting pot that is the spectacular city of Cape Town. Enjoy endless beaches and breathtaking scenery or immerse yourself in a colourful sense of history. Explore the cosmopolitan delights of one of South Africa's largest cities, from gourmet restaurants to modern shopping malls and trendy night clubs. Spend endless hours lounging on pristine beaches, take in the view from the top of iconic Table Mountain or travel to historic Robben Island. There's something for everyone in this diverse city.
5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS
Start anticipating your African adventure with a short summary of what you can expect each day to bring.
This itinerary begins and ends at Cape Town International Airport.
Day 1: Cape Town
On arrival at Cape Town International Airport, you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team, who will drive you to the hotel of your choice (Four Rosmead Boutique Guest House, Vineyard Hotel & Spa or Sea Five), where you can take the rest of the day to settle in.
With Table Mountain at its heart and two oceans at its feet, Cape Town is arguably South Africa's most picturesque city. An eclectic mix of old and new, this laid-back city is as much at home with its 17th century castle as it is with its sleek skyscrapers and trendy malls. Home to a 350-year-old botanical garden and the country's oldest wine farm, the city is surrounded by miles of timelessly beautiful beaches.
Day 2: Cape Town
Explore the highlights of the Cape Peninsula on a guided tour.
Drive from secluded Clifton to trendy Camp's Bay and spectacular Hout Bay, once a fishing village and now a sought-after coastal suburb. Travel along breathtaking Chapman's Peak Drive to the scenic nature reserve at the Cape of Good Hope. Visit the marine base of Simon's Town and meet the charming penguins of Boulder's Bay, ending the day at the beautiful Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden on the slopes of Table Mountain.
Weather permitting, make your way to the top of Table Mountain before browsing vibrant Greenmarket Square and strolling through picturesque Company Gardens and the historic Slave Lodge. Get a taste of Malay tradition among the colourful houses of the Bo-Kaap and listen to the firing of the noonday gun.
Explore the Cape Winelands, beginning with a wine tasting in and around Franschhoek. Visit the quaint town, see the historic Huguenot monument and indulge in some of the town's renowned gourmet cuisine. Travel through the panoramic Helshoogte Mountain Pass and browse the oak-lined streets of the university town of Stellenbosch.
Day 5: Departure
You will be driven back to Cape Town International Airport, where your adventure with us will end.
5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS
Included in the rate
- Welcome and assistance service at Cape Town International Airport
- Road transport to and from Cape Town International Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per below
- At Four Rosmead Boutique Guest House - accommodation in a luxury room with ensuite bathroom and breakfast
- At Vineyard Hotel & Spa - accommodation in a Mountain Facing Deluxe Room with ensuite bathroom, breakfast, in-room internet, access to the fitness centre, wine tasting on a Monday evening, shuttle service to Cavendish Shopping Centre and complimentary transfers within a 1.5km (1 mile) radius of the hotel
- At Sea Five - accommodation in an ocean sea junior suite with ensuite bathroom, a full gourmet breakfast, en-suite minibar (including fine wines, branded spirits, beers and soft drinks), internet and email access and secretarial services
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Validity periods are as specified; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in South Africa
- Sea Five special savings are not valid from 01 May to 31 May 2014 and an additional nightly rate will be charged
- &Beyond trading terms apply