Untouched Wilderness & Breath-taking Views
Combine exceptional game viewing at &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve with long walks on the beaches of the Kwa-Zulu Natal coast in this magical safari adventure.
&Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve is known for its abundant wildlife, diversity of habitats and wide range of safari activities. Umhlanga is a mecca for sun lovers and watersports enthusiasts.
Meaning the “place of reeds”, this scenic area is located along Kwa-Zulu Natal’s spectacular Golden Mile, just 20 kilometres from the bustling port city of Durban.
What To Expect
6 Days / 5 Nights
Perfect for families, honeymooners, wildlife and birding enthusiasts. Take a long walk along the beaches of the Kwa-Zulu Natal coast, and discover magical places. Slow down - the views are great! Listen to the calls of the wild while enjoying the exceptional game viewing in &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve.
DAYS 1-3: &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve
Upon arrival at OR Tambo International Airport, you will check in for your SA Express flight to Richards Bay Airport where you will be met by a member from the &Beyond team, who will drive you to &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve. Enjoy three nights at &Beyond Mountain Lodge on &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve in a suite with ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, scheduled safari activities, refreshments on game drives, nature walks (1 hour) accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to availability), emergency medical evacuation insurance and laundry or Spend three nights at &Beyond Phinda Forest Lodge. Inventively designed in Zulu Zen style, each handcrafted, glass-encased suite is a combination of glass, wood and minimalist design incorporating high-gloss wooden floors, richly tactile fabrics and crimson Zulu artefacts. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, emergency medical evacuation insurance, laundry and daily lodge adventures
DAYS 4-5: Umhlanga
After breakfast, you will be picked up by your driver/guide and transferred to the Beverly Hills Hotel or the Oyster Box Hotel. Spend two nights at the Beverly Hills Hotel in a standard sea-facing room with ensuite bathroom. Alternatively, spend two nights at the Oyster Box Hotel in a classic sea facing room. Both options include breakfast.
DAY 6: Departure
After breakfast you will be transferred to King Shaka International Airport.
Rates & Terms
- Low Season 1 May - 31 July 2014 R25 885 Per person sharing
- High Season 1 March - 30 April 2014 R27 810 Per person sharing
- High Season 1 August - 21 December 2014 R27 810 Per person sharing
- Meet and Greet service at O R Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary above
- Meals and drinks as specified above
- All necessary private road transfers:
- Richards Bay / &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve
- &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve / Umhlanga
- Umhlanga / King Shaka International Airport
- All scheduled regional flights:
- OR Tambo International Airport / Richards Bay Airport
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Fly Me to Phinda: Complimentary flight from O R Tambo International Airport to Richards Bay Airport, complimentary transfers from Richards Bay Airport to &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve and &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve to Umhlanga.
- WildlifeWhales, dolphins and the Big Five
- Travelling with ChildrenNot suitable for children
- &Beyonds TreatNot Applicable
- Don't Leave withoutSampling a glass of pinotage, which is a red wine blend unique to South Africa
Where to Stay
Learn more about the luxurious &Beyond properties available for your trip.
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Maputaland Beach Adventure
- Turtle Nesting Adventure
- Swim with Whale Sharks
- Endangered Wild Cats Project
- Indian Ocean Scuba Safari
Ready to start planning your adventure?
This is an excellent itinerary for first time travelers to Africa, honeymooners, wildlife enthusiasts and birdwatchers.
Experience the hustle and bustle of Jo’Burg, endless beaches in Cape Town, and exhilarating safaris at Sabi Sands and Phinda Private Game Reserve.
Great for new travelers to Africa, families, honeymooners and wildlife enthusiasts, this is the ultimate in intimate leopard encounters.