Short and Sweet Namibia
Stand on top of towering sand dunes for excellent photographic opportunities and revel in the abundance of space, silence and clear skies.
Explore remote wilderness, majestic mountains and famous red sand dunes. This is a photographer and nature lover's paradise where you will also take part in coastal adventures in romantic Swakopmund.
Soar effortlessly over the desert and its dunes with a hot air balloon safari.
What To Expect
4 days / 3 nights
This itinerary is the perfect add-on to any itinerary to give you a glimpse of the beauty of Namibia and make you come back for more! Avid photographers beware, you will be hooked on Namibia and its magnificent red dunes.
Day 1: Windhoek
Upon your arrival at Hosea Kutako International Airport in Windhoek, Namibia, you will be met by a member of the &Beyond team who will assist you with check in for your light aircraft transfer to the lodge of your choice.
Day 2 - 3: Majestic dunes
Awaken to the perfect stillness of the desert dawn and enjoy a quiet coffee before heading out into the cool morning air. Watch the majestic dunes turn to gold in the rising sun as you enjoy a breakfast at their base, or challenge yourself with a walk to their peak. After this perfect start to the day a world of possibilities await you. Marvel at the sheer sense of endless space all around while drifting silently above the sands in a hot air balloon. Ride the curving slopes of the dunes on an exhilarating quad-biking expedition or horseback safari. Peer through your camera lens at a moment frozen in time at tranquil scenic dead vlei, a must for the serious photographer. Then, as the day winds to a close enjoy a chilled sundowner and watch the spectacle of the Namib sky come to life. Settle back and enjoy the show as the stars come out to play.
Day 4: Departure
Enjoy breakfast and perhaps a morning activity before your light aircraft transfer back to Windhoek.
Rates & Terms
- Meet and Greet service at Hosea Kutako International Airport
- Scheduled light aircraft transfers
- Windhoek International Airport / lodge or camp of your choice / Windhoek International Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per below:
- &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives, laundry, safari activities, guided nature walks and quad bike excursions in the NamibRand reserve (subject to availability), transfers to and from the lodge airstrip and 1 excursion to Sossusvlei. Your stay also includes a balloon safari (one safari per person per stay)
- Wolwedans Dune Lodge & Boulders Safari Camp includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives, safari activities and transfers to and from the lodge airstrip. Scenic flights and ballooning can be booked at an additional cost.
- Park fees
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Guests staying at &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge will receive one hot air balloon safari per person per stay (not valid in July and August and is weather dependent). Ballooning is also closed 15 Jan – 15 Feb annually
- WildlifeOryx ,gazelle (gemsbok or oryx), springbok, kudu, Hartman's and Burchell's zebra, giraffe, klipspringer, steenbok, hartebeest and more.
- Travelling with ChildrenNamibia is a wonderful destination for a family safari and there are plenty of activities for children, like sand boarding, quad biking, fishing and mountain biking.
- &Beyonds TreatGuests staying at &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge will receive one hot air balloon safari per person per stay.
- Don't Leave withoutSoar effortlessly over the desert and its dunes with a hot air balloon safari. Appreciate the pristine beauty of the Namib Desert and its magnificent dunes on a quad bike.
Where to Stay
Learn more about the luxurious &Beyond partner properties available for your trip.
Wolwedans Dunes Lodge is spawled on a dune plateau, overlooking the scenic and ever-changing vistas of the vast desert
Situated in the deep south of the renowned NamibRand Nature Reserve, the exclusive Boulders Camp is surrounded by massive granite rocks.
ADDITIONAL SUGGESTED ACTIVITIES
- Balloon Safari (Wolwedans and Little Kulala)
- 01 January – 31 December 2014 (Ballooning closed 15 January–15 February 2014)
- NAD 4 950 pp*
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Sossusvlei Hot Air Ballooning
Ready to start planning your adventure?