Secrets of the West
Travel far off the beaten path to the remote west of Tanzania and the untouched Katavi National Park.
Spend a night in Arusha, the safari capital of Tanzania, and enjoy its eclectic mix of cultures. Travel west to the very borders of Tanzania and immerse yourself in one of the most untouched areas in East Africa, the Katavi National Park.
Seek out the prolific game and take in the hugely varied landscapes of what is still one of the world's true remaining wild places.
What To Expect
5 Days / 4 Nights
Ideal for the safari connoisseur, this itinerary was created for those seeking a pure safari experience very far off the beaten track. With its isolated location and pristine habitats Katavi is unspoiled and perfect for anyone with a sense of adventure.
DAY 1: Arusha
On arrival at Arusha Airport, you will be met by a member of the &Beyond team who will drive you to Arusha Coffee Lodge, where you will spend the night. Accommodation is in a standard chalet. Your stay includes breakfast.
DAY 2-5: Katavi National Park
After a delicious breakfast you will be driven back to Arusha Airport where you will board your scheduled flight to Ikuu airstrip for your road transfer to Chada Katavi in the Katavi National Park. Scheduled flights depart at 08h00 on a Monday and Thursday. Enjoy three nights at Chada Katavi in a tent with ensuite bathroom with open air shower only. Your stay includes full board accommodation, camping fees, all drinks (except champagne), laundry, airport transfers (to/from Ikuu only), all shared safari activities (excluding shared fly-camping for a minimum of 2 people, which must be pre-booked), as well as a complimentary private car and guide throughout (when available).
DAY 5: Arusha
After breakfast you will be driven back to Ikuu Airstrip, where you will catch a scheduled flight to Arusha Airport.
- WildlifeIncredible numbers of buffalo and hippo. Lion, elephant and excellent birding
- Travelling with ChildrenNot suitable for children
- &Beyond's TreatNot applicable
- Don't Leave withoutTrying a night out fly-camping under the African night sky
Chada Katavi is a secluded classic safari-styled camp, remotely situated to offer its guests unrivalled game viewing in pristine wilderness.
Rates & Terms
- Meet and greet service at Arusha Airport
- Personal Travel Journal with highlights of your itinerary
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary above
- Scheduled internal flights: Arusha Airport / Ikuu Airstrip / Arusha Airport
- All scheduled road transfers: Arusha Airport / Arusha Coffee Lodge / Arusha Airport / Ikuu Airstrip / Chada Katavi / Ikuu Airstrip
- Domestic departure tax (Arusha Airport)
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Cultural lunch at the Shangaa Shangaa Village
- Cultural coffee tour
- Scenic helicopter flight around Mount Kilimanjaro
Ready to start planning your adventure?
View the abundance of birds at Lake Manyara, search for the prolific game of the endless Serengeti, stand in awe of the Ngorongoro Crater
Roam the epic vastness of the Selous Game Reserve then lounge on the flawless beaches of private &Beyond Mnemba Island.
Explore the Serengeti, stand on the edge of the panoramic Ngorongoro Crater, then indulge in barefoot luxury on Mnemba Island.