Scenes of Wildlife and Indian Ocean
Step into the world of the Big Five at &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve – a destination known for lion, wild dog and huge herds of elephant. Kick off your shoes and unwind on the pristine beaches of Benguerra island.
The pristine wilderness destination of Ngala is enjoyed from the comforts of a lodge which exudes natural luxury. End your safari by unwinding at the magical &Beyond Benguerra Island.
Here, time stands still and legends come to life on epic fishing adventures. Experience a charming blend of African hospitality with echoes of distant history, in a lodge that cherishes the simplicity of tradition, while celebrating the Arabic influence of its past.
What To Expect
7 days / 6 nights
Adventure seekers, wildlife enthusiasts, families, honeymooners and first time and repeat travellers will delight in this safari. Here, you will track the Big Five at one of the world’s greatest safari destinations. Enjoy twice-daily game drives and &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge, led by some of the world’s best guides. End your safari at &Beyond Benguerra Island - home to the highly endangered dugong.
Day 1 - 3: Ngala Private Game Reserve
Upon your arrival at O.R Tambo International Airport you will be met by a member of the &Beyond team who will assist you to the Federal Air Hangar for your light aircraft flight to Ngala airstrip in the &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve. Spend three nights at &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, emergency medical evacuation insurance, laundry and daily lodge activities. Activities include twice-daily game drives (including spotlight night drives) in open 4x4 safari vehicles with expert guides and Shangaan trackers.
Day 4 - 6: Benguerra Island
After a mouth-watering breakfast, you will be transferred to Ngala airstrip for your light aircraft flight to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport. On arrival at Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, you will check in for your onward flight to Vilanculos International Airport. Upon your arrival at Vilanculos International Airport, you will be assisted onto your helicopter transfer to &Beyond Benguerra Island. Spend three nights at &Beyond Benguerra Island in a Casita. Your stay includes Mozambican host/cook – butler, refreshing non-alcoholic welcome cocktail on arrival, all meals, drinks including soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers and bottled water and snacks including private beach dinners and private meals on decks, teas, coffees, standard included activities.
Day 7: Departure
After a mouth-watering breakfast, we wave a fond farewell as you board a helicopter for your flight to Vilanculos International Airport. On arrival at Vilanculos International Airport, you will check in for your flight to OR Tambo International Airport.
- WildlifeNgala is a 'Big Five' destination. Elephant, lion (and rare white lion), spotted hyena, leopard, large buffalo herds, rhino, hippo and the rare pangolin. Benguerra's marine highlights include manta rays, reef and Zambezi sharks, dugong and dolphin
- Travelling with ChildrenBoth Ngala and Benguerra are great family destinations. There are activities for children of all ages and plenty of adventure for the whole family.
- Don't Leave withoutSeeking out the elusive wild dog and dugong, and posing for a perfect picture of your castaway Picnic at &Beyond Benguerra.
- &Beyonds TreatWe've created special reduced rates at both &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge valid throughout the year and &Beyond Benguerra Island valid 1 Sep - 31 Dec 2014
Where to Stay
Learn more about the luxurious &Beyond properties available for your trip.
Rates & Terms
- Meet and Greet at O.R. Tambo International Airport
- Road transfers : O.R Tambo International Airport / The Peech Hotel and The Peech Hotel/OR Tambo International Airport
- Scheduled Flights: OR Tambo International Airport / &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge or &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp/ OR Tambo International Airport
- Helicopter transfers: Vilanculos International Airport/ &Beyond Benguerra Island/ Vilanculos International Airport
- Accommodation as specified above
- Meals and beverages as specified above
- Park fees
- 1 Snorkeling trip per day – weather dependent
- Schedules activities as offered by the lodge and island
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Long stay rate at &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge/ &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp valid throughout the year and at &Beyond Benguerra Island valid 1 Jan - 30 Jun 2014.
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Hot Air Balloon Safari @ Ngala
- Luxury walking Safari @Ngala
- Tracking @ Ngala
- Private Safari @ Ngala
- Scuba Diving
- Saltwater flyfishing / deep sea fishing
- Castaway picnic
- Horse riding safaris - Island view safari ride
- Helicopter sightseeing
- Dhow Cruise
- Island Drives
Ready to start planning your adventure?