Mountains and Jungles
This 6 night & 7 day journey into Nepal gives the traveler a snap shot of what is on offer in this unique Himalayan Kingdom - from elephant safaris in Vhitawan national Park to a mountain flight with fantastic views and photo opportunities of Mount Everest and other peaks.
What To Expect
7 days / 6 nights
Mountain Flight with amazing views of Everest and other himalyan peaks.
2 Hour Elephant Safaris through Chitawan National Park, looking for the Asiatic Rhino, Elusive Tiger and other wildlife.
Walking and Boat Safaris through Chitawan National Park.
Day 1: Kathmandu City
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu airport, you will be met by a representative from andBeyond who will assist you with your baggage and your transfer to the Dwarikas Hotel, where we will spend the next 2 nights.
During the afternoon you will delight in a visit to the Swayambhunath Stupa and Kathmandu City.
Kathmandu Durbar Square: While exploring the Durbar Square you will have the opportunity to visit Hanuman Dhoka, the historic palace of Kathmandu - named after the monkey god, Hanuman. It is the historic seat of royalty and where the kings of Nepal were crowned and their coronations held.
Visit the beautiful temple of Kumari, the residence of a Living Goddess within the vicinity. Kumari means the virgin girl. The girl is selected from a Buddhist family. Next, you will be whisked away to a very interesting temple – the Kasthamandap, which is believed to be built from a single tree trunk. The name Katmandu is derived from this temple.
Swayambhunath: This is a 2 500 year-old stupa (mound-like structure) situated on a hillock about 77 metres above ground level. It overlooks the spectacular Katmandu valley. There are painted eyes on the four sides of the stupa, which represent the all-seeing eyes of Buddha. There are two Buddhist monasteries within the complex and a temple of Haratima where both Buddhists and Hindus worship.
Day 2: Patan City
It is an early start today as you embark on an unforgettable adventure. Hop aboard one of the daily Mountain Flights (season dependant). Enjoy a one hour scenic flight around breathtaking snow-capped peaks, glaciers and lakes, rivers and gorges. This a wonderful perspective to experience the majestic Mt. Everest (8848m) and Nepal’s other gigantic peaks.
Later on in the day you will have the opportunity to visit renowned Patan City and its museum.
Like its counterpart in Kathmandu, Patan Durbar Square is located in the heart of the city and was once the palace of the kings of Patan.
Patan Museum is situated in the heart of the city and is a very popular attraction The Square is full of ancient palaces, temples and shrines, noted for their exquisite carvings. The Patan Durbar Square consists of three main chowks (square): Central Mul Chowk, Sundari Chowk and Keshar Narayan Chowk. The Sundari Chowk holds in its centre a masterpiece of stone architecture, the Royal Bath called Tushahity – listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Monument. This is the first public museum in Nepal that has been created as an autonomous institution of this type.
Day 3: Bhaktapur
Today, after a wholesome breakfast you will embark on a sightseeing tour of Bhaktapur.
Bhaktapur (also known as Bhadgaon) is located about 20 km east of Kathmandu, in the Kathmandu Valley. It is known as the 'City of Devotees', the 'City of Culture', the 'Living Heritage', and 'Nepal's Cultural Gem' and is one of the 3 royal cities in the Kathmandu Valley. The others are Kathmandu, and Patan.
Bhaktapur is filled to the brim with monuments, palaces and temples – all boasting beautiful architecture. Lying along the ancient trade route between India and Tibet, Bhaktapur is surrounded by mountains and provides a magnificent view of the Himalayas.
After a fun-filled day exploring Bhaktapur you will have the opportunity to visit the Boudhnath Stupa and Pashupatinath Temple.
Boudhanath Stupa (or Bodhnath Stupa) is the largest stupa (mound-like structure) in Nepal and the holiest Tibetan Buddhist temple outside of Tibet. It is the centre of Tibetan culture in Kathmandu and is steeped in Buddhist symbolism. Today it remains an important place of pilgrimage and meditation for Tibetan Buddhists and local Nepalis, as well as a popular tourist site.
The Pashupatinath Temple is one of the world’s most significant Hindu temples of Lord Shiva and is located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River in the eastern part of Kathmandu. The temple serves as the seat of the national deity, Lord Pashupatinath (Lord Shiva) and is listed as an UNESCO World Heritage site.
Day 4: Chitwan National Park
Today, you will be driven to the domestic airport for an approximately ½ hour flight to Bharatpur. On arrival you will be warmly welcomed before being driven to Zinc Journeys Chitawan Lodge (approx 1 hour). Zinc Journey Chitwan is located on the banks of the Rapti River on the edge of the Chitwan National Park in Meghauli.
After settling in you can enjoy your first game drive into the beautiful Chitawan National Park.
Days 5 and 6: Chitawan National Park
Experience exceptional morning and evening safaris in the Chitawan National Park.
After a scrumptious breakfast you will be driven to the Bharatpur Airport for your flight to Kathmandu. Here, we wave a fond farewell as you connect onto your flight home.
- WildlifeAsiatic Rhinos, Sloth Bears, Tiger, Leopard, Gaur, 4 Species of Deer, Monkeys, Fish Eating Crocodile, Marsh Mugger's and amazing birdlife in Chitawan national Park..
- Travelling with ChildrenSuitable for Children, as many of the activities can be adapeted for them.
- Don't Leave withoutExperiencing the Mountain Flight which give you amazing views of Mount Everest. Elephant feeding and bathing at Chitawan National Park. Float down the Rapti/reu rivers at sunset.
Rates & Terms
- Accommodation on DOUBLE / TWIN OCCUPANCY in the hotels specified.
- All transfers as mentioned in a private vehicle, and sightseeing
- Sightseeing tour will be provided as per the itinerary with the English speaking guide and in a private Vehicle
- All entrance and monuments fees.
- All current taxes as on date – subject to change as per hotel/airline/Government policy.
- Air fare as mentioned in the quote above.
- This offer is valid from 16 October 2014 to 15 April 2015.
- Hotel Check-In 1400 hours, Check-out time 1200 Noon
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Champagne Breakfast at Everest Base Camp
- Mountain Flight
Ready to start planning your adventure?