Legend of Nyaminyami
Explore Lake Kariba before visiting the adrenaline capital of Africa at the mighty Mosi-oa-Tunya
Explore Lake Kariba, one of the world's largest man-made lakes, where wildlife wanders the shores, and bream and tiger fish live in the depths. Sit quietly in a hide and observe the animals coming down to drink at a watering hole in the midst of the African bush. This is one of the best ways to get exceptionally close to animals.
Be adventurous! Why not book an exciting adventure around the Victoria Falls — walk with lions, hop on the back of an elephant or get your adrenaline pumping by bungee jumping or white water rafting — the choices are endless!
What To Expect
10 Days / 9 Nights
Perfect for adventure enthusiasts, safari lovers, honeymooners and birdwatchers, this is the ultimate luxury safari in Zimbabwe. Experiences include all the famed highlights of a classic Zimbabwe safari. The lodges and camps offer the most refined hospitality with utterly exclusive locations
DAY 1-2: Lake Kariba
On your arrival at Victoria Falls International Airport you will be met by an &Beyond representative, who will help you board a light aircraft transfer flight to Lake Kariba. Upon landing a boat transfer will be waiting to take you to Changa Safari Camp. Spend two nights at Changa Safari Camp, which boasts tastefully furnished, spacious deluxe tents. Each suite has its own private deck with magnificent views of the Matusadona Mountains and vast Lake Kariba. Your stay includes all meals, local drinks, house wines, up to three activities per day, teas/coffee and laundry. Adventures include game drives, walking and fishing safaris, birdwatching and boating.
DAY 3-5: Bumi Hills
After a mouth-watering breakfast you will hop aboard a boat which will take you to the Marina Land Harbour. From here you will take a light aircraft flight to Bumi Hills. Relax for three nights at Bumi Hills Safari Lodge. Accommodation is in a premium room with a lovely ensuite bathroom and a private veranda that boasts wonderful views of the lake. Your stay includes all meals, up to two activities per day and teas/coffees.
Adventures include game viewing in open 4x4 safari vehicles, on foot accompanied by a professional guide and by boat, sunset cruises, bird watching, hide sits and fishing.
DAY 6-7: Victoria Falls
After a mouth-watering breakfast, you will be driven to Victoria Falls River Lodge (this road trip is approximately two and a half hours). Spend two nights at Victoria Falls River Lodge. Boasting panoramic views of African sunsets, seven spacious luxury tents are set right on banks of the mighty Zambezi. Your stay includes meals, local beverages, optional daily transport between the camp (at 10h00 and 14h00 respectively) and Victoria Falls Town and two scheduled activities per day. Adventures include two game activities per person per day (a choice of either a morning / afternoon game drive in the Zambezi National Park, or a sunrise / sunset river cruise); snacks and drinks will be included on the game drive or river cruise.
DAY 10: Victoria Falls
After a wholesome breakfast, you will be driven back to Victoria Falls International Airport for your Outbound flight.
Rates & Terms
1 July - 31 October 2014 6 140 USD per person sharing
1 November - 31 December 2014 5 894 USD per person sharing
1 January - 30 June 2015 5 180 USD per person sharing
1 July - 31 October 2015 6 373 USD per person sharing
1 November - 31 December 2015 5 180 USD per person sharing
- Twin / single accommodation
- Meals and drinks as specified in the itinerary
- Scheduled aircraft transfer
- Victoria Falls International Airport /Changa Safari Lodge /Bumi Hills/ The Hide
- Scheduled road transfer
- The Hide / Victoria Falls River Lodge / Victoria Falls International Airport
- Scheduled activities as specified in the itinerary
- Laundry at Changa Safari Camp and The Hide Safari Camp
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
2014 RATE CONDITIONS
- The flights operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. During peak and shoulder seasons the operator may be able to accommodate seat rates on non-scheduled days .
- This itinerary starts on a Tuesday to fit in with the above schedule. Should travelling days vary, private charters are also available. Please contact us for further information.
- The flight rates exclude Departure Tax of USD 15 per person, which needs to be settled directly at Victoria Falls Airport, Kariba Airport and Hwange Airport.
- National park fees for water-based activities and BHAPU fees for land based activities are not included at Bumi Hills Safari Lodge.
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability.
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request.
- Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote.
- Additional suggested activities are not included in the rate.
- &Beyond trading terms apply
- Wildlife: The Big Five, African wild dog, hyena, sable, roan antelope, among many others
- Travelling with Children: Excellent for children, although some activities may be at the discretion of the lodge
- &Beyonds Treat: Not Applicable
- Don't Leave without: Bungee jumping the 111-metre Victoria Falls Bridge
Where To Stay
Perched high on a hilltop, overlooking the enchanting Lake Kariba, lies the exceptional Bumi Hills Safari Lodge.
Situated on a private concession on the shores of Lake Kariba, Changa Safari Camp boasts tastefully furnished, spacious tented suites.
One of the few camps in the breathtaking Hwange National Park.
Zambezi Crescent Victoria Fall River Lodge is close enough to the magnificent Victoria Falls to see the spray in the distance.
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Elephant back safari
- Bird watching
- Fishing at Lake Kariba
- Safari Cruises
Ready to start planning your next adventure?
Explore the vast Hwange National Park and the mighty Mosi-oa-Tunya