Karibu Kenya Luxury
Experience the best of Kenya, from the bustling markets of Nairobi and secluded Meru, to the vast wilderness of Laikipia and the famed Masai Mara.
Begin your adventure among the bustling markets and leafy streets of Nairobi, the ‘Place of the Cool Waters’, before journeying to Meru, home of Elsa the Lioness. Embrace your wild side in Laikipia on wilderness walks and drives, and perhaps spend a
night sleeping under the stars.
Marvel at the open spaces and abundant game of the Masai Mara on a game drive safari or hop into a hot-air balloon and explore the vast plains with a birds-eye-view.
What To Expect
10 days / 9 nights
This itinerary showcases the vast array of experiences the Kenyan mainland has to offer. Incredibly diverse landscapes, flawless hospitality and engaging history infuse this journey through the heart of the country. Experiential to its core, this journey boasts the freedom to get in touch with the rich history of safari, get closer to the wilderness and its people and ultimately end off at the pinnacle of luxury safari in the Masai Mara.
Day 1: Palacina Suites
Upon your arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport you will be met by member from the &Beyond team who will drive you to the enchanting Palacina Suites. Spend one night at the Palacina Suites in a beautiful room with a lovely ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes breakfast.
Day 2-3: Elsa’s Kopje
After a delicious breakfast you will be driven to Wilson Airport for your scheduled flight to Mughwango Hill Airstrip. From the airstrip you will embark on your first game drive to Elsa’s Kopje. Spend two nights at Elsa’s Kopje in an enchanting ensuite room. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, beers, house wines, non luxury spirits, daily activities and laundry
Day 4-5: Sabuk Lodge
After a wholesome breakfast you will be driven back to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to Loisaba Airstrip. From the airstrip, you’ll embark on your first game drive en route to Sabuk Lodge. Spend two nights at Sabuk Lodge. Your stay includes full board accommodation, day and night game drives, guided bush walks, guided bird walks, cultural visits, bush meals, sundowners, river swimming/tubing/fishing, camel assisted walking safaris and day excursions, Loisaba airstrip transfers and laundry service.
Day 6-8: &Beyond Bateleur Camp
Delight in an early morning game drive and breakfast before you board your scheduled flight to Kichwa Airstrip. Upon landing enjoy a short game to Bateleur Camp at &Beyond Kichwa Tembo. Spend three nights at &Beyond Bateleur Camp. Accommodation is in a luxurious safari tent, raised on a wooden platform, with private veranda. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wine, local brand spirits and beers (excluding premium brands), tea and coffee, scheduled activities and laundry.
Day 9: Departure
Enjoy an early morning game drive and breakfast before we wave a fond farewell as you make your way back to the airstrip. From here, you will board your scheduled flight to Wilson Airport, where you will be picked up by a member from the &Beyond team who will drive you to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, for your onward flight.
- WildlifeLions, leopards, cheetahs, “Samburu 5”, reticulated giraffe, Somali ostrich, Beisa oryx, Grevy’s zebra and gerenuk, elephant, buffalo and eland, over 400 recorded species of birds
- Travelling with ChildrenCheck with your Travel Agent
- &Beyonds TreatFly me to the Mara: Free scheduled flights to/from Masai Mara if you stay 3 nights at &Beyond Bateleur Camp. Offer only valid from 1 Jan – 31 May & 1 Nov – 15 Dec 14.
- Don't Leave withoutTraditional African artefacts; Maasai beadwork; Tusker Lager; Dormans coffee; Maasai shukkas; plain white kikois; vegetable ivory salad servers; Kisi stone bowls; old East Africa stamps from Biashara Street in Nairobi
Where to Stay
Learn more about the luxurious &Beyond properties available for your trip.
The elegant Palacina Suites is tucked away in the tranquil gardens of the State House Valley within the vibrant city of Nairobi.
Elsa’s Kopje blends seamlessly into its surrounds. Perched high on top of Mughwango Hill, this superb lodge stands as tribute to Elsa the Lioness
Lying on the edge of the Northern Frontier, the Laikipia Plateau stretches from the slopes of snow-capped Mt Kenya.
Rates & Terms
- Meet and Greet service at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary above
- All scheduled flights:
- Wilson Airport/Meru National Park/Laikipia Plateau/Masai Mara/Wilson Airport
- All scheduled road transfers:
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport/The Palacina Suites/Wilson Airport
Mughwango Hill airstrip/Elsa’s Kopje/Mughwango Hill airstrip/Loisaba airstrip/Sabuk Lodge/Loisaba airstrip/Kichwa airstrip/&Beyond Bateleur Camp/Kichwa airstrip
- Wilson Airport/Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Kenya National park fees
- Domestic departure tax (Wilson Airport and all airstrips)
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Karen Blixen/Giraffe Centre/Daphne Sheldrick Tour
- Full/Half Day Nairobi City Tour
- Masai Mara Balloon Safari
- Horse Riding Laikipia
- Mountain Biking
- Maasai Cultural Visits
- Oloololo Escarpment Trail
- Night Game Drives
- Bush Dinner
- Bush Breakfast
Ready to start planning your adventure?