Intimate Touch of Tanzania
Enjoy a private and secluded adventure at the remote and wild Selous Game Reserve, followed by an exclusive interlude at &Beyond Mnemba Island.
Offering a sea and safari adventure off the beaten track, this itinerary combines a journey through one of Tanzania’s more remote and undisturbed wildlife areas with rest and relaxation on the shores of a private tropical island. Boasting dramatic landscapes inhabited by a great diversity of wildlife, the Selous offers an elite and undisturbed game viewing experience.
Explore one of Tanzania’s most pristine landscapes by vehicle and on foot, getting an intimate glimpse into this fascinating environment. From here, travel on to the flawless beaches of &Beyond Mnemba Island, where you can discover an underwater wonderland while diving or snorkelling in balmy Indian Ocean waters. Indulge in a secluded getaway far from the crowds, with the perfect balance of game viewing and relaxation.
What To Expect
10 days / 9 nights
This itinerary is perfect for those seeking a romantic, yet exciting breakaway or for wildlife enthusiasts who also want to use a portion of their trip to recharge.
DAY 1: Dar es Salaam
You will be met by a member of the &Beyond team upon arrival at Dar es Salaam International Airport and will be assisted onto a shared vehicle that will take you to The Oyster Bay, where you will spend the night. Your stay includes accommodation, meals and drinks.
DAY 2-6: Selous Game Reserve
You will be driven from The Oyster Bay to the domestic terminal at Dar es Salaam Airport, where you will board a scheduled Coastal Aviation flight to the Lower Selous. Spend four nights in a Banda at Beho Beho. Your stay includes meals, drinks, laundry, airstrip transfers and scheduled game activities.
DAY 6-10: &Beyond Mnemba Island, Zanzibar
Wave goodbye to the Selous as you leave on another Coastal Aviation flight headed to Zanzibar Airport. On arrival, you will be met by a member of the &Beyond team, who will drive you to the crossing point for &Beyond Mnemba Island. Here you will be met by a boat, which will take to the island. Spend four nights in a Banda at &Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge. Your stay includes accommodation, meals, soft drinks, house wines, local beer, local brand spirits, snorkelling, kayaking, salt water fly-fishing, stand-up kiteboarding and scuba diving (divers must provide proof of a valid diving certificate; alternatively, diving courses are available at an additional cost).
DAY 10: Dar es Salaam
After a wholesome breakfast, the boat will take you back to the crossing point, where another member of the &Beyond team will meet you and drive you back to Zanzibar International Airport. At the airport you will board a scheduled Coastal Aviation flight back to Dar es Salaam, where your adventure with us will end.
Rates & Terms
1 October - 20 December 2014 7802 USD per person sharing
1 January - 31 March 2015 11 205 USD per person sharing
1 June - 30 September 2015 11 560 USD per person sharing
1 October - 30 November 2015 9 912 USD per person sharing
1 December - 20 December 2015 9912 USD per person sharing
- Meet and greet service at Dar es Salaam International Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary above
- All scheduled road transport: Dar es Salaam Airport / The Oyster Bay / Dar es Salaam Airport / Zanzibar Airport / Mnemba Island Crossing Point / Zanzibar Airport
- All scheduled flight transfers: Dar es Salaam Airport / Lower Selous National Park / Zanzibar Airport / Dar es Salaam Airport
- Tanzania national park fees
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Honeymoon special rate at both Beho Beho and &Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge
2014 RATE CONDITIONS
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- The special offer is only applicable to honeymooners
- Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Additional suggested activities are not included in the rate
- Beho Beho is closed from 21 March to 31 May 2014
- &Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge is closed from 08 April to 20 May 2014
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- &Beyond trading terms apply
- WildlifeBig Five, wild dog, giraffe, hippo, abundant marine life
- Travelling with ChildrenNot suitable for children under 12
- &Beyond's TreatSpecial offer for honeymooners
- Don't Leave withoutTaking a walk through the World Heritage Site of Stone Town in Zanzibar
Where to Stay
Learn more about the luxurious &Beyond properties available for your trip.
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Taste of Zanzibar
- Sandbank picnic
Ready to start planning your adventure?
View the abundance of birds at Lake Manyara, search for the prolific game of the endless Serengeti, stand in awe of the Ngorongoro Crater
Travel far off the beaten path to the remote west of Tanzania and the untouched Katavi National Park.
Explore the Serengeti, stand on the edge of the panoramic Ngorongoro Crater, then indulge in barefoot luxury on Mnemba Island.