Grand South Africa Safari
Renowned as Africa’s richest square mile, the suburbs of Sandton offer visitors the opportunity to step into the world of upmarket shopping outlets, exclusive residential areas, boutique stores and first-class eateries.
More than 65 000ha’s make up the Sabi Sand Game Reserve which borders the Kruger National Park. Made up of a number of private game lodges – each one differing in atmosphere – a visit to the area guarantees a never-to-be-forgotten experience of the African bush. This fascinating variety of landscape and vegetation shelters an abundance of wildlife, including not only the Big Five but many rarer and less easily spotted species.
Animals include at the diverse &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve include the elusive cheetah or the scarce black rhino. With Table Mountain – one of the most spiritual places on earth – at its heart and two oceans at its feet, the city of Cape Town, strategically situated at the south-western tip of Africa, has been famed for centuries as the Tavern of the Seas.
What to Expect
8 Days / 7 Nights
This is an adventure for the entire family, romantics, groups, safari and birding enthusiasts. Experience the hustle and bustle of Johannesburg. Exceptional leopard sightings at Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve as well as the Seven Worlds of Wonder at &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve. The city streets and endless beaches in scenic Cape Town are an absolute must. Don't forget your camera.
On arrival at OR Tambo International Airport you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team, who will assist you through passport control and baggage claim, and will drive you to The Saxon Boutique Hotel. Spend one night at the Saxon Boutique Hotel & Spa in a luxury room with ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes breakfast.
Today you will be driven back to OR Tambo International Airport and helped onto a light aircraft flight to &Beyond Leadwood Lodge, set within the Sabi Sands Game Reserve. Experience two nights at &Beyond Leadwood Lodge in a suite with ensuite bathroom, outdoor shower and private plunge pool. Your stay includes accommodation, three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives, laundry, scheduled safari activities, nature walks (1 hour) accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to availability), emergency medical evacuation insurance as well as transfers to and from the airstrip (where applicable).
Today another light aircraft flight will take you to &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve. Spend two nights at Phinda Homestead at &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve. Accommodation is in an exclusive, sole-use villa. The Zen-like abode boasts four spacious and luxurious suites each with ensuite bathroom with a separate w.c, twin hand basins, bath, indoor and al fresco showers. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits, beers, teas, coffees, refreshments on game drives, laundry, safari activities, private vehicle, nature walks (1 hour) accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to availability), emergency medical evacuation insurance and transfers to and from the airstrip (where applicable) or Enjoy two nights at Zuka Lodge on &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve in an exclusive, sole-use villa. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, safari activities, refreshments on game drives, nature walks (1 hour) accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to availability), emergency medical evacuation insurance and laundry.
After a delicious breakfast you will be flown by light aircraft to King Shaka International Airport. On arrival at King Shaka International Airport, you will board a scheduled domestic SA Airlink flight to Cape Town. A member of the &Beyond team will be waiting at Cape Town International Airport and will drive you to Ellerman House. Relax for two nights at Ellerman House in a five bedroom Ellerman Villa. Your stay includes accommodation, return transfers from Cape Town International Airport and Cape Town locations, private transfers within 15km radius from the hotel, subject to availablilty, fully inclusive breakfast, laundry, hand packed in tissue paper, all beverages inclusive of spirits and beer, fully stocked in-room bar with luxury brands, guest pantry (24 hours) with wide selection of snacks and in-between meal options, sunset cocktails, wireless internet access and 24-hour monitored security.
After a delicious breakfast you will be driven back to Cape Town International Airport, where your adventure with us will end.
- Suitable forFamilies, Photographic enthusiasts
- Recommended for ChildrenYes, ideal for children and adults alike
- Guest SafetyPlease see our Travel Advice page
- WildlifeBig Five, the elusive cheetah, and the black rhino
Where to Stay
Learn more about the luxurious &Beyond properties available for your trip.
Rates & Terms
- Meet and Greet service and VIP welcome and assistance at O R Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg
- Personal travel journal
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary above
- Meals and drinks as specified above
- All necessary private road transfers:
- Private return road transport from O R Tambo International Airport to The Saxon Boutique Hotel
- Private return road transfer from Cape Town International Airport to Ellerman House
- All necessary flights:
- Scheduled one way charter flight from Johannesburg to Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve
- Scheduled one way charter flight from Sabi Sand Game Reserve to &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve
- Scheduled one way charter flight from &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve to Durban
- Scheduled domestic SA Airlink flight from King Shaka International Airport in Durban to Cape Town International Airport
- VIP welcome and assistance at Cape Town International Airport
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Ellerman House will be closed from 2 May – 2 June 2014
Enhance Your Experience With
- Maputaland Beach Adventure
- Turtle Nesting Adventure
- Swim with Whale Sharks
- Endangered Wild Cats Project
- Indian Ocean Scuba Safari
- Cascades and Canyon Spectacular
- Discover Your Ancestors
- Gourmet Origins of Mankind Tour
- Robin Binks - History Specialist
- Bo-Kaap Cultural Dining Experience
- Gold Restaurant Cultural Dining Experience
- Chef's Table - Mount Nelson Hotel
- Cape Sidecar Adventure - Full Day Chauffeured Cape Sidecar Tour
- Harley & Helicopter - Constantia Winelands Experience
Ready to start planning your adventure?
Set within easy reach of the Indian Ocean coastline and the famous iSimangaliso / Greater St Lucia Wetland Park.
This is an excellent itinerary for first time travelers to Africa, honeymooners, wildlife enthusiasts and birdwatchers.
Great for new travelers to Africa, families, honeymooners and wildlife enthusiasts, this is the ultimate in intimate leopard encounters.