Gems of Namibia
Explore remote wilderness, majestic mountains and famous red sand dunes.
This is a photographer and nature lover's paradise where you will also take part in coastal adventures in romantic Swakopmund.
Soar effortlessly over the desert and its dunes with a hot air balloon safari
What To Expect
14 days / 13 nights
This is the ultimate Namibia itinerary, featuring destinations for lovers of nature, photography and vast open spaces.
Day 1: Olive Grove Guest House
Upon your arrival at Hosea Kutako (Windhoek) International Airport you will be met by a member of the &Beyond team who will drive you to the exceptional Olive Grove Guest House. Enjoy a one night stay at the Olive Grove Guest House in a deluxe room with ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes breakfast.
Day 2 -3: Okonjima
Wake up to a sensational breakfast before you climb into your car for a 3-hour, scenic drive to Okonjima. Spend two nights at Okonjima in the Bush Suite. Your stay includes all meals and scheduled activities.
Day 4 - 5: Onguma Tented Camp
Tuck into a wholesome breakfast and head off on a 3 to 4 hour self drive adventure to the beautiful Onguma Tented Camp. Spend two nights at Onguma Tented Camp in a twin bedded tent. Your stay includes breakfast and dinner. Optional adventures include morning and afternoon game drives into Etosha National Park.
Day 6: Ongava Lodge.
Today you’ll drive through breathtaking wilderness to Ongava Lodge. Your travelling time will depend on how long you choose to view the exceptional wildlife you may encounter on your route. Spend one night at Ongava Lodge in a chalet with ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes all meals, all local branded drinks and scheduled activities
Day 7 - 8: Mowani Mountain Camp
After a delectable breakfast hop back into your car for the approximately 5-hour journey to Mowani Mountain Camp. Spend two nights at Mowani Mountain Camp in a twin bedded luxury East Africa-style superior safari tent. Your stay includes meals, a guided walk and two scheduled activities.
Day 9 - 10: Swakopmund
Today you will drive approximately 5 to 6 hours to Namibia’s charming seaside town of Swakopmund. Spend two nights at the Swakopmund Guest House in a twin bedded room. Your stay is on a bed and breakfast basis.
Day 11-13: &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge
After exploring the many sights of Swakopmund, drive approximately 5 to 6 hours to &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge, passing through some of Namibia’s most dramatic landscapes en route. Unwind for 3 nights at &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge in a desert villa with an ensuite bathroom and a private veranda. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives, laundry, safari activities and one Sossusvlei excursion.
Day 14: Departure
Today we wave a fond farewell as you embark on the last leg of this exceptional self drive adventure. Your 5 to 6 hour journey will take you back to Hosea Kutako (Windhoek) International Airport, where you will drop off your hired vehicle and board your plane for your onward flight.
- WildlifeOryx gazelle (gemsbok or oryx), desert-adapted elephant, desert-adapted black rhino, springbok, kudu, Hartman's and Burchell's zebra, giraffe, klipspringer, steenbok, hartebeest, blue wildebeest and more.
- Travelling with ChildrenNamibia is a wonderful destination for a family safari and there are plenty of activities for children, like sand boarding, quad biking, fishing and mountain biking.
- &Beyonds Treat10% off any wellness treatments booked directly at the Olive Grove Guest House. One lunch, per person at Onguma Tented Camp (drinks excluded)
- Don't Leave withoutExtend your Namibian adventure by a couple of extra days and join a 3 night flying safari to the haunting beauty of the Skeleton Coast.
Where to Stay
Learn more about the luxurious &Beyond properties available for your trip.
Namibrand Nature Reserve
Olive Grove is a splendid guesthouse where guests can unwind in lush, tranquil surrounds.
The delightful Okonjima Bush Camp is situated in the pristine wilderness area between Windhoek and Etosha National Park
Situated near a popular waterhole, Onguma Tented Camp offers its guests an enticing mixture of sophistication and relaxation
Ongava Lodge is situated in the privately-owned Ongava Game Reserve on the slopes of the Ondundozonananandana Hills
The delightful Mowani Mountain Camp lies hidden amongst towering boulders in Namibia’s breathtaking Damaraland region.
The superb Swakopmund Guesthouse is situated in the charming little seaside town of Swakopmund on Namibia’s western coast
Rates & Terms
- Meet and Greet service (with a self drive briefing) at Hosea Kutako International Airport
- Car rental super cover rates include Super Theft Loss Waiver, Super Collision Damage Waiver and Super Theft Loss Waiver and a second spare wheel. Please contact us should you require more information
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary above
- Scheduled activities as specified in the itinerary
- Laundry at Sossusvlei Desert Lodge
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- 10% off any wellness treatments booked directly at the Olive Grove Guest House
- One lunch, per person at Onguma Tented Camp (drinks excluded)
- One balloon safari, per person, per stay at &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge (not valid in July or August and is weather dependant). Ballooning is also closed 15 Jan – 15 Feb annually
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Walvis Bay Marine Desert Adventure
- Sandwich Bay Desert and Wetland Tour
- Tandem Skydiving
- Sossusvlei Hot Air Ballooning
- Living Desert Adventure
Ready to start planning your adventure?