This journey into Nepal gives you a wonderful sampling of experiences that this unique Himalayan Kingdom has to offer - From hiking and exploring its quaint Himalayan Villages, to elephant safaris in Chitawan national Park and a mountain flight with fantastic views and photo opportunities of Mount Everest and other peaks.
What To Expect
8 days / 7 nights
Mountain Flight with amazing views of Everest and other himalyan peaks. Explorations of quaint Himalayan Villages that are frozen in time. 2 Hour Elephant Safaris through Chitawan National Park, looking for the Asiatic Rhino, Elusive Tiger and other wildlife. Walking and Boat Safaris through Chitawan National Park.
Day 1: Swayambhunath Stupa and Kathmandu City
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu airport, you will be met by a representative from andBeyond who will assist you with your baggage and your transfer to the Dwarikas Hotel, where we will spend the next 2 nights.
During the afternoon you will delight in a visit to the Swayambhunath Stupa and Kathmandu City.
Kathmandu Durbar Square: While exploring the Durbar Square you will have the opportunity to visit Hanuman Dhoka, the historic palace of Kathmandu - named after the monkey god, Hanuman. It is the historic seat of royalty and where the kings of Nepal were crowned and their coronations held.
Visit the beautiful temple of Kumari, the residence of a Living Goddess within the vicinity. Kumari means the virgin girl. The girl is selected from a Buddhist family. Next, you will be whisked away to a very interesting temple – the Kasthamandap, which is believed to be built from a single tree trunk. The name Katmandu is derived from this temple.
Swayambhunath: This is a 2 500 year-old stupa (mound-like structure) situated on a hillock about 77 metres above ground level. It overlooks the spectacular Katmandu valley. There are painted eyes on the four sides of the stupa, which represent the all-seeing eyes of Buddha. There are two Buddhist monasteries within the complex and a temple of Haratima where both Buddhists and Hindus worship.
Day 2: Patan City
It is an early start today as you embark on an unforgettable adventure. Hop aboard one of the daily Mountain Flights (season dependant). Enjoy a one hour scenic flight around breathtaking snow-capped peaks, glaciers and lakes, rivers and gorges. This a wonderful perspective to experience the majestic Mt. Everest (8848m) and Nepal’s other gigantic peaks.
Later on in the day you will have the opportunity to visit renowned Patan City and its museum.
Like its counterpart in Kathmandu, Patan Durbar Square is located in the heart of the city and was once the palace of the kings of Patan.
Patan Museum is situated in the heart of the city and is a very popular attraction The Square is full of ancient palaces, temples and shrines, noted for their exquisite carvings. The Patan Durbar Square consists of three main chowks (square): Central Mul Chowk, Sundari Chowk and Keshar Narayan Chowk. The Sundari Chowk holds in its centre a masterpiece of stone architecture, the Royal Bath called Tushahity – listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Monument. This is the first public museum in Nepal that has been created as an autonomous institution of this type.
Day 3: Bhaktapur
Today, after a wholesome breakfast you will embark on a sightseeing tour of Bhaktapur.
Bhaktapur (also known as Bhadgaon) is located about 20 km east of Kathmandu, in the Kathmandu Valley. It is known as the 'City of Devotees', the 'City of Culture', the 'Living Heritage', and 'Nepal's Cultural Gem' and is one of the 3 royal cities in the Kathmandu Valley. The others are Kathmandu, and Patan.
Bhaktapur is filled to the brim with monuments, palaces and temples – all boasting beautiful architecture. Lying along the ancient trade route between India and Tibet, Bhaktapur is surrounded by mountains and provides a magnificent view of the Himalayas.
After a fun-filled tour of the city you will move onto your next destination. Enjoy a 1 ½ hour, afternoon flight to Pokhara. Upon landing you will be driven toTiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge, located on a ridge half an hour outside of Pokhara. The lodge is an ideal base for guests to relax in a rural mountain setting, away from the bustle of Nepal’s cities. Guests enjoy bird walks and day hikes through the forests and villages, escorted by trained local guides. The secluded, award-winning swimming pool reflects the white peaks. Masseurs offer a range of Ayurvedic and shiatsu therapy; yoga and meditation sessions are also available. For the adventurous, paragliding and micro-light flights against Annapurna’s backdrop are thrilling options. Pokhara sightseeing, museum visits, golf and exploring the lively lakeside are all popular activities.
Day 4: Exploration
Spend the day exploring the forests and villages surrounding the lodge.
Day 5: Chitawan National Park
After an early breakfast, you will be driven to Chitawan National Park (a 5-hour scenic journey). Upon your arrival in Meghauli, you will check into the Zinc Journeys Wildlife for your stay at the Zinc Journey Chitwan - located on the banks of the Rapti River on the edge of the Chitwan National Park.
After settling in you can enjoy your first afternoon game drive into the beautiful Chitawan National Park.
Days 6 and 7: Chitawan National Park
Enjoy spectacular morning and evening safaris in Chitawan National Park.
Day 8: Departure
After a wholesome breakfast you will be transferred to the Bharatpur Airport for your flight to Kathmandu. This is where we wave a fond farewell as you connect onto your flight home.
- WildlifeAsiatic Rhinos, Sloth Bears, Tiger, Leopard, Gaur, 4 Species of Deer, Monkeys, Fish Eating Crocodile, Marsh Mugger's and amazing birdlife in Chitawan national Park..
- Travelling with ChildrenSuitable for Children, as many of the activities can be adapeted for them.
- Don't Leave withoutExperiencing the Mountain Flight which give you amazing views of Mount Everest. Elephant feeding and bathing at Chitawan National Park. Float down the Rapti/reu rivers at sunset.
Rates & Terms
- Accommodation on DOUBLE / TWIN OCCUPANCY in the hotels specified.
- All transfers as mentioned in a private vehicle, and sightseeing
- Sightseeing tour will be provided as per the itinerary with the English speaking guide and in a private Vehicle
- All entrance and monuments fees.
- All current taxes as on date – subject to change as per hotel/airline/Government policy.
- Air fare as mentioned in the quote above.
- Hotel Check-In 1400 hours, Check-out time 1200 Noon
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Champagne Breakfast at Everest Base Camp
- Mountain Flight
Ready to start planning your adventure?
This 6 night & 7 day journey into Nepal gives the traveler a snap shot of what is on offer in this unique Himalayan Kingdom.