Botswana Explorer Expedition
Enjoy the ultimate in comfort on a mobile safari that travels through Botswana's most scenic wildlife areas.
Lose yourself among a maze of winding channels as you explore the Okavango Delta in a traditional canoe, or mokoro. Discover the rich wildife of Moremi, indulge in a river cruise at Chobe and marvel at the mysterious Savute Channel.
Enjoy the serenity of private campsites and the comfort of spacious safari tents with fully sized beds and ensuite bathrooms, complete with flush WC and bucket shower, all set up and waiting for you at the end of each day. End your trip with an opportunity standing on the edge of the magnificent Victoria Falls.
What to Expect
10 days / 9 nights
This is the quintessential safari, wildlife and adventure enthusiast’s dream itinerary. It is also perfect for groups.
Day 1-3: Okavango Delta
Upon arrival at Maun International Airport, your dedicated guide for this adventure will be waiting to welcome you. You will discuss your interests and expectations for your safari and, once you have become acquainted, you will board a light aircraft to take you the Nxabega Airstrip. Upon landing, a safari vehicle will be waiting to drive you to a campsite in the Okavango Delta.
Spend two nights at the &Beyond campsite, in a private concession area, bordering the Moremi Wildlife Reserve, with a complement of camp staff to cater for your needs. Explore the crystal-clear channels, islands and waterways by mokoro (dug-out canoe) and enjoy game-viewing walks on the islands.
Day 3-5: Moremi Wildlife Reserve.
After breakfast, a short flight in a light aircraft will take you to Khwai in the North Gate region of Moremi Wildlife Reserve.
Adjacent to the Moremi Wildlife Reserve, the only proclaimed wildlife area in the Okavango Delta, the Khwai concession delights with its diverse beauty, comprising a stunning landscape of forests, lagoons, floodplains and islands, with rich wildlife. Game viewing is excellent year-round and resident species include lion, cheetah, leopard, elephant, wild dog, zebra, red lechwe and many more.
Day 5-7: Chobe National Park
A long game drive (5 – 6 hours) takes you to the Savute region of Chobe National Park, where you will spend two nights camping in this hauntingly magnificent landscape.
Day 7-9: Northern Chobe
From Savute, move up to northern Chobe (4 – 5 hours overland game drive), where you will camp for two nights.
Day 9 -10: Victoria Falls
You will be driven from Chobe National Park to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, where you will meet your &Beyond guidefor the last few days of your adventure, who will escort you to The Elephant Camp and on your Victoria Falls activities.
Your guide will accompany you on a breathtaking tour of the Falls (entrance fee to the Falls is included in the safari fare). At The Elephant Camp, a dedicated team will take over from your guide and will enthral you with up-close and personal interactions with wildlife – in particular, the elephants at the Wild Horizons Wildlife Sanctuary
Day 10: Departure
After a scrumptious breakfast at The Elephant Camp, you will be driven to Victoria Falls International Airport, where your adventure with us will come to an end.
Rates & Terms
1 June - 31 October 2014 6120 USD per person sharing
1 November - 31 December 2014 5385 USD per person sharing
1 January - 31 March 2015 5215 USD per person sharing
1 April - 31 May 2015 5915 USD per person sharing
1 June - 31 October 2015 6715 USD per person sharing
1 November - 31 December 2015 5915 USD per person sharing
- Double / twin / single accommodation
- Meet and Greet at Maun Airport
- All meals – from dinner on day one to breakfast on day ten
- A reasonable amount of bottled water, local wine, beer and soft drinks are included
- Road transfers during your safari ending at Victoria Falls Airport on day 10
- Seat on charter as specified: Maun / Nxabega / Khwai
- Waterborne/game viewing activities while on safari
- Elephant interaction during your stay at The Elephant Camp
- Tour of Victoria Falls – including entrance fee
- National Parks entrance fees while on safari
- Soft drinks, house wine, local beer, teas and coffees at The Elephant Camp
- Domestic airport tax within Botswana
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Personal Travel Journal filled with the highlights of your itinerary
- Services of an &Beyond guide throughout your adventure in Botswana
2014 RATE CONDITIONS
- WildlifeAntelope, elephants, buffaloes, lion, cheetah, leopard, wild dog, brown and spotted hyena and over 1075 species of birds.
- Travelling with ChildrenMinimum age limit is 12 years
- &Beyonds TreatNot Applicable
- Don't Leave withoutGlide in a mokoro in the world's only inland delta, the breathtaking Okavango Delta. Such abundant water in the desert is a never to be forgotten sight.
Where to Stay
Learn more about the luxurious &Beyond properties available for your trip.
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Game Drives
Ready to start planning your adventure?
A luxury safari itinerary for adventure and wildlife enthusiasts, honeymooners, and those who love to gaze at the stars!
Discover the pristine Savute Channel while experiencing the awe-inspiring diversity of flora and fauna in the renowned Chobe National Park.
Spoil yourself with an unforgettable Botswana wilderness experience and book a helicopter flight over the Okavango Delta.