Romantic Kenya Safari & Coastline
Take in bustling Nairobi, roam the Masai Mara and relax on the idyllic Swahili Coast
Marvel at the open spaces and abundant game of the Masai Mara, explore the plains on game drive or hop into a hot-air balloon.
Relax on the magical Kenyan coast and indulge in soothing spa treatments or take to the water for fishing, kayaking or diving.
What To Expect
9 days / 8 nights
Every traveler should see the Masai Mara once in their lifetime, and the best way to end off a safari is still a few days on the beach. This itinerary showcases the endlessly popular safari and beach journey. The routing is simple and the properties selected combine effortless luxury with strong community and conservation values. This itinerary offers comfortable adventure and a chance to relax, perfect for action and leisure-seekers alike, and couples in particular.
Day 1: Hemingways Nairobi
You will be met on arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport by an &Beyond representative and transferred to Hemingways Nairobi. Spend one night at Hemingways Nairobi in a deluxe room with ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes breakfast, express check in and out, butler valet services, free Wi-Fi connectivity, satellite television, complimentary local newspaper for guests, complimentary use of the gym and unlimited supply of mineral water in the room.
Day 2-5: &Beyond Bateleur Camp
After a wholesome breakfast, you will be transferred to Wilson Airport for your scheduled Safarilink flight to Kichwa Airstrip. On arrival at the airstrip, you will be met by a representative from &Beyond Bateleur Camp and transferred to the lodge. Indulge in three nights at &Beyond Bateleur Camp in a spacious tent with ensuite bathroom with shower only and a private deck. Your stay includes accommodation, three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives, scheduled safari activities, return Kichwa Tembo airstrip transfers, emergency medical evacuation insurance and laundry.
Day 5-9:Kinondo Kwetu
Tuck into a mouth-watering breakfast before your transfer to Kichwa Airstrip for your scheduled Mombasa Air flight to Ukunda Airstrip. On arrival at Ukunda you will be met by a representative from Kinondo Kwetu and transferred to your coastal retreat. Unwind for four nights at Kinondo Kwetu in a cottage with ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes accommodation, three meals, soft drinks, beer, house wines and non-luxury spirits, exercise gym, yoga equipment, weights etc, excursions to Kinondo Kwetu community works in Kinondo Village, wood fired sauna, canoeing, snorkelling equipment, airstrip transfers to and from Ukunda, one PADI diving lesson in the pool, wireless internet and limited laundry.
Day 9: Departure
Today you will depart from your coastal retreat back to Ukunda (Diani) Airport for your scheduled Safarilink flight to Wilson Airport. On arrival at Wilson Airport, an &Beyond representative will meet you and transfer you to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your outbound flight.
Rates & Terms
1 July - 31 October 2014 6 518 USD per person sharing
1 November - 30 November 2014 5 235 USD per person sharing
1 December - 15 December 2014 6 518 USD per person sharing
- Meet and Greet service at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary above
- All scheduled road transfers:
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport/Hemingways Nairobi/Wilson Airport
- Wilson Airport/Jomo Kenyatta Airport
- All scheduled flights:
- Wilson Airport / Kichwa Airstrip
- Kichwa Airstrip/Ukunda Airport
- Ukunda Airport /Wilson Airport
- Kenya National park fees
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Honeymoon special rate at both Kinondo Kwetu and &Beyond Bateleur Camp.
- WildlifeLions, leopards, cheetahs, black and blue marlin, sailfish, broadbill, mako, tiger and other sharks, wahoo, yellowfin tuna, dorado and giant trevally.
- Travelling with ChildrenNot suitable for children
- &Beyonds TreatHoneymoon special rate at both Kinondo Kwetu and &Beyond Bateleur Camp.
- Don't Leave withoutTraditional African artifacts; Maasai beadwork; Tusker Lager; Dormans coffee; Maasai shukkas; plain white kikois; vegetable ivory salad servers; Kisi stone bowls; old East Africa stamps from Biashara Street in Nairobi
Where to Stay
Learn more about the luxurious &Beyond properties available for your trip.
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- 7 and a half hours in Nairobi
- Full/Half Day Nairobi City Tour
- Masai Mara Balloon Safari
- Maasai Cultural Visits
- Oloololo Escarpment Trail
- Night Game Drives
- Bush Dinner
- Bush Breakfast
- Evening Dhow Experience, Sound and Light show with Dinner in Fort Jesus
- Wasini "Fantasy" Island Dhow
- Deep Sea Fishing
Ready to start planning your adventure?
Visit the Nairobi National Park, nestled beside the bustling hub of East Africa.