Big Cat Safari in South Africa
Meet Africa’s most iconic cats, from the king of the beasts, the mighty lion, to the stealthy leopard and the elegant cheetah, at some of South Africa’s best known game reserves and lodges. This exhilarating adventure travels from the renowned Kruger National Park to the splendidly diverse &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve in search of an intimate glimpse into the lives of the continent’s most magnificent predators.
Located on the boundary of the world renowned Kruger National Park, &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve is well known for its high densities of elephant, buffalo and rhino, as well as for its African wild dogs. Ngala was the first private game reserve to be incorporated into the Kruger National Park and has exclusive traversing rights on almost 15 000 hectares of some of the richest wildlife regions on the African continent.
Set within easy reach of the Indian Ocean coastline and the famous iSimangaliso / Greater St Lucia Wetland Park in northern KwaZulu-Natal, &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve is known for its abundant wildlife, diversity of habitats and wide range of safari activities. Thanks to its coastal rainfall pattern, the Reserve enjoys a lush green environment that contains seven distinct ecosystems.
What to Expect
6 Days / 5 Nights
Great for new travellers to Africa, families, honeymooners and wildlife enthusiasts, this is the ultimate in intimate leopard encounters as well as the Big Five. Get to see the Seven Worlds of Wonder at &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve.
Upon your arrival at OR Tambo International Airport you will be met by a member from the &Beyond team who will assist you onto your road shuttle transfer to Benoni Airfield for your light aircraft flight to &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp. Spend two nights at the romantic and intimate &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp. Accommodation is in a deluxe tent, featuring a deep bathtub, an al fresco shower under starry skies, twin hand basins, separate w.c., overhead fans, air conditioning, electric blankets for winter and wooden decks. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, emergency medical evacuation insurance, laundry and daily lodge adventures.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airstrip for your light aircraft flight to &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve. Spend three nights at Vlei Lodge. Accommodation is in a spacious thatch suite that looks out onto a clearing filled with wildlife. Each suite has an ensuite bathroom with twin hand basins, bath, separate shower and a separate w.c. All suites have a personal bar and private plunge pool. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, emergency medical evacuation insurance, laundry and daily lodge adventures or Spend three nights at Rock Lodge in a suite with ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, scheduled safari activities, refreshments on game drives, nature walks (1 hour) accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to availability), emergency medical evacuation insurance and laundry.
After breakfast you will depart for your flight back to Benoni Airfield for your shuttle transfer to OR Tambo International Airport for your outbound flight.
Rates & Terms
1 January - 31 December 2014 44 209 ZAR per person sharing
1 January - 31 December 2015 50 645 ZAR per person sharing
- Meet and Greet at OR Tambo International Airport
- Return road shuttle transfer OR Tambo International Airport/Benoni Airfield/OR Tambo International Airport
- Seat on scheduled charter flight Benoni Airfield/Skukuza Airport/Ngala Airstrip/Phinda/Benoni Airfield
- Twin / single accommodation
- Meals on a full board basis
- Soft drinks, house wine, local brand spirits, local beer, teas and coffees (premium brands to own account)
- Game viewing activities as offered by the lodges
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Additional suggested activities not included in the rate
- Long stay rate at all &Beyond lodges valid throughout the year
2014 RATE CONDITIONS
- Rates subject to minimum number of guests traveling as specified in the rate grid above
- Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis
- A single supplement of 50% is only charged from the third single room per booking, except for 1 - 6 Jan and 21 -31 Dec 2014 when the supplement applies from the first single room.
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Luggage is required to be packed in a soft bag weighing a maximum of 15 kg. This weight allowance includes hand luggage
- Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- Additional suggested activities not included in the rate
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
- PPS* = Per person sharing
- Suitable forRomance / Honeymoon, Photographic enthusiasts
- Recommended for ChildrenYes, this is the ideal family adventure
- Guest SafetyPlease see our Travel Advice page
- WildlifeLeopards, lions, and the Big Five
Where to Stay
Learn more about the luxurious &Beyond properties available for your trip.
We have many activities to keep you busy during your stay. See our destination pages for more information.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Maputaland Beach Adventure
- Turtle Nesting Adventure
- Swim with Whale Sharks
- Endangered Wild Cats Project
- Indian Ocean Scuba Safari
- Cascades and Canyon Spectacular
- Extend your trip with a stay at &Beyond Benguerra Island
Ready to start planning your adventure?
Set within easy reach of the Indian Ocean coastline and the famous iSimangaliso / Greater St Lucia Wetland Park.
This is an excellent itinerary for first time travelers to Africa, honeymooners, wildlife enthusiasts and birdwatchers.
Experience the hustle and bustle of Jo’Burg, endless beaches in Cape Town, and exhilarating safaris at Sabi Sands and Phinda Private Game Reserve.