Delicate, feminine and elegant, Udaipur is known by many names – City of Sunrise, Jewel of Mewar and City of Lakes.
Undoubtedly one of India’s most romantic cities, it nestles between the glassy waters of its famous lakes and the ancient Aravelli Hills. Although it is one of Rajasthan’s largest cities, modern Udaipur manages to retain a charming small town vibe.
- Udaipur is home to the beautiful Lake Palace on Lake Pichola/boat ride
- Intricately carved marble Jain temples at Ranakpur
- Ekling ji and Nagda temples
- City palace and sahelion ki baari (garden of the maidens) beautifully laid out gardens with marble pavilions. Also houses a small museum
Min 25°C/77°F Max 45°C/113°F
Min 5°C/41°F Max 25°C/77°F
- Best time to travelYear round
- LanguagesIndia has over 22 languages spoken across its 28 States and 7 Union Terroteries. However English and Hindi are its official languages. English is spoken and understood across the country.
- Flying to UdaipurThe major gateways into India are New Delhi in the North, Mumbai ( Bombay) in the West, Bangalore and Chennai in the South and Calcutta in the East.
- CurrencyIndian Rupee
Ready to start planning your adventure?
The narrow alleys of Old Delhi hold secrets of the Mughal rule and the imperial buildings of New Delhi are reminiscent of The British Raj.
India's largest port, its commercial and industrial centre, as well as its fashion capital, Mumbai is an endlessly fascinating hive of activity.
Situated on the eastern edge of the Thar Desert, Jodhpur is dominated by the imposing fortress that towers above the city on a sandstone ridge.