Panna National Park
Head to one of India’s most pristine and tranquil wilderness destinations and discover the natural beauty of Panna National Park.
One of the most pristine, tranquil and beautiful of India’s wilderness areas, Panna National Park is the ideal place to escape to for serene appreciation of the country’s sheer natural beauty. The diverse landscape of gorges, plateaus, forests and the majestic Ken River creates surprises around every corner.
Although the tiger population of the park is sparse, Panna is home to no less than five other species of cat – leopard, jungle cat, leopard cat, rusty spotted cat and caracal. Hyenas, wild dogs, jackals, wolves and foxes are also found here, together with India’s ‘Big Four’ snakes, the spectacled cobra, Russel’s viper, saw scaled viper and common krait.
- Take a day's excursion to visit the remnants of the Kalinjar Fort, a testament to India's royal history.
- Visit the World Heritage Site of the magnificent Khajuraho Temples and enjoy an evening of entertainment with a spectacular sound and light show.
- Find your inner peace and enjoy a yoga session, led by renowned local teachers. Each session is tailored to suit your specific needs and interests.
Min 23°C/73°F Max 40°C/104°F
Min11°C/52°F Max 23°C/73°F
The climate of this region is tropical. Summers are hot and humid and Winters are pleasant. The park is closed from July to early October during monsoon.
- Best time to travel October to June.
- Wildlife Tiger, leopard and deer such as chital, sambar and nilgai.
- Languages India has over 22 languages spoken across its 28 States and 7 Union Territories. However, English and Hindi are its official languages. English is spoken and understood across the country.
- Flying to Panna National Park The major gateways into India are New Delhi in the north, Mumbai (Bombay) in the west, Bangalore and Chennai in the south and Calcutta in the east.
- Currency Indian Rupee
This unforgettable 13-day India tour combines the rich cultural history of India with thrilling wildlife encounters in the country's lush jungles.
Revel in an unforgettable 14-day India tour, highlighting some of the country’s most iconic heritage and wildlife destinations.
Discover some of India’s finest cultural attractions and two of its best wildlife destinations on this incredible 11-day tour.
Panna National Park
The dramatic slate roofs of Pashan Garh Wilderness Lodge rise out of private jungle in the Panna National Park. Inspired by the dry-packed stone architecture of the region, Pashan Garh is stony and rough hewn, with white marble and leather furniture to soften its stark lines.
Explore the exceptional Bandhavgarh National Park, which boasts one of India’s highest concentrations of tigers.
Discover the natural wonders of Kanha National Park, which boasts the ideal habitat for both tigers and their prey species.
Ready to start planning your adventure?