Surrounded by some of the world’s highest-growing tea estates, Munnar sits in the midst of a breathtaking landscape marked by hills, lakes, streams and waterfalls.
One of India’s most pristine tree stations, the town is surrounded by hundreds of acres of tea, coffee and cardamom plantations.
- Visit to a tea estate spread over the mountain slopes surrounding the town
Min 25°C/77°F Max 45°C/113°F
Min 5°C/41°F Max 25°C/77°F
- Best time to travelOctober to May
- LanguagesIndia has over 22 languages spoken across its 28 States and 7 Union Terroteries. However English and Hindi are its official languages. English is spoken and understood across the country.
- Flying to MunnarThe major gateways into India are New Delhi in the North, Mumbai ( Bombay) in the West, Bangalore and Chennai in the South and Calcutta in the East.
- CurrencyThe currency is the Indian Rupee.
Ready to start planning your adventure?
Bandhavgarh National Park is renowned for being one of India’s highest concentrations of tigers.
Kanha National Park boasts the ideal habitat for both tigers and their prey species.
Panna National Park is one of the most pristine, quiet and beautiful wilderness areas in India.
A spectacular natural reserve set among typical Central Indian teak jungle, Pench offers a quiet and secluded game viewing experience.