Surrounded by some of the world’s highest-growing tea estates, Munnar sits in the midst of a breathtaking landscape marked by hills, lakes, streams and waterfalls.
One of India’s most pristine tree stations, the town is surrounded by hundreds of acres of tea, coffee and cardamom plantations.
- Visit to a tea estate spread over the mountain slopes surrounding the town
Min 25°C/77°F Max 45°C/113°F
Min 5°C/41°F Max 25°C/77°F
- Best time to travelOctober to May
- LanguagesIndia has over 22 languages spoken across its 28 States and 7 Union Terroteries. However English and Hindi are its official languages. English is spoken and understood across the country.
- Flying to MunnarThe major gateways into India are New Delhi in the North, Mumbai ( Bombay) in the West, Bangalore and Chennai in the South and Calcutta in the East.
- CurrencyThe currency is the Indian Rupee.
Ready to start planning your adventure?
Explore the exceptional Bandhavgarh National Park, which boasts one of India’s highest concentrations of tigers.
Discover the natural wonders of Kanha National Park, which boasts the ideal habitat for both tigers and their prey species.
Head to one of India’s most pristine and tranquil wilderness destinations and discover the natural beauty of Panna National Park.
Travel to the spectacular Pench National Park, set in a flourishing teak jungle, which is home to various deer species, tiger and leopard.